Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21562 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2011, 02:41:12 pm »

We are now down to just two elves -- a melancholy milker and a tantruming elder/recruit. They are both in the bolthole, but they cannot get at the provisions. The hatch is locked tight, and there aren't any trolls nearby. It's just a question of whether we can survive without food and drink long enough for the goblins to get bored and leave. Place your bets!

I bet 2 long grass we don't make it.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2011, 02:44:00 pm »

I thought the bolt whole WAS the food stockpile... any who, we're screwed. We're down to one usable elf, and it doesn't look like he's in good mental condition...

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2011, 03:04:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We lost. The milker dehydrated and elder, armed with the best equipment stored in the Bolthole, charged out through the hatch in the vain hopes of avenging his fallen comrades. The goblins fell upon him, and his soul was soon severed from his mortal frame.

So ends the bloody tragedy of Wooddipped.

Final Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3791

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »

So what now?

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2011, 03:12:54 pm »

*Shrug* I dunno.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2011, 03:28:30 pm »

I say we reclaim! But since my opinion has no real power, do whatever. Anyway, don't siege people become friendly after you reclaim?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2011, 03:40:16 pm »

Your reactions have made this the best succession game ending of all time. Congratulations, gentlemen.

You win.

A new version will be arriving as soon as a couple of weeks... it will include eggs, and honey. Roll on, Wooddipped 2..?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2011, 04:02:55 pm »

If you do, I'll play.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2011, 03:15:05 am »

hey, how did Panzer go out?
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2011, 03:17:27 am »

hey, how did Panzer go out?

With a wench in one hand and a blunt in the other, no doubt. Oh, and little psychedelic spirals for eyes.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2011, 03:22:34 am »

At least he died as he lived, a truly High-Elf!
also, I would love to see an engraving of that.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2011, 05:28:30 am »

I shotgun turn 2 of wooddipped 2 as long as its on the weekend  ;D
Also I think we need a better name... wooddipped is pretty meh IMO.
How about The Fanged Forest, Silent Arrows or anything else anyone wants to suggest?

hmm I think we should start a new game with the new version. we've learnt alot about how elves play and things we should mod all of which will make the most difference in a new world gen. on the negative side we don't know how buggy it will be  :-\
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2011, 09:46:40 am »

Right, just work on the mod for the next 4-8 days until the next version comes out. I DO want to have a turn in Wooddipped 2: The Re-elfing, but by schedule is pretty sporadic and my last turn happened on one of the worst days for me.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2011, 01:30:53 pm »

I like where this story went but it seems the elves are at such a technological disadvantage that steps may need to be taken to help give them a fighting chance. You may need add custom reaction such as to "harden" wood to give it the strength of iron weapons... which I believe is the standard. Another remedy may be to introduce ironwood and bronzewood trees that the elves could harvest giving wood armor and weapons with the given properties. The reactions are simple enough I believe and the iron bark tree has an iteration in the Genesis mod. If you give me about a day I could wip up the necessary reactions and trees myself.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2011, 05:15:29 pm »

That would be cool, and definitely make the elvs far easier to play as, and we wouldn't ned t rely on the goblis and stuff for armours. And this time we could have a world where the dwarves are still among the living. Have fun battling with them.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18