Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21561 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2011, 06:45:41 pm »

Alright, EvilFuzzy, I am giving you the go-ahead. If Xenos shows up in time, he will have next turn.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »

Alright, EvilFuzzy, I am giving you the go-ahead. If Xenos shows up in time, he will have next turn.

M'kay. I'm downloading now. I'll let you guys know if I'm confused by anything. :,

Did you re-elf anybody?

I will if the people who wanna be re-elfed tell me what gender/profession/name/job-title they want.

On a side note, I hope the food and booze levels are stable at the moment, 'cuz I haven't taken my ADHD medication in three or four days, so I'll probably end up focusing solely on my personal projects -- i.e., the elven necropolis of Wooddipped.

EDIT: There, it took eleven minutes, but it's finally finished downloading. Now to start this baby up and see what I can do! *Cracks knuckles*
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:34:15 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2011, 08:07:37 pm »

Journal of EvilFuzzy_II:

Granite 1.

The previous leader, NotPete, is dead. Like so many others, he perished ingloriously in the chaos of the goblin siege.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He was a self-proclaimed hero, and while his tenure may have been fraught with havoc, he did an excellent job of seeing to the needs of the living.

I look at the pick in my hands -- a fine instrument of dwarven steel. While I count myself among the living, I yet spend much of my time isolated in the depths of the earth, digging out storage spaces and mining for stone.

I am a miner among elves, an utter contradiction. But in the ground lie our fallen kin, cut off from the sky and her beauty, reunited with the earth from which we came.

It is to them I will tend, carving out a worthy resting for our future dead.

I am a miner no longer. I am EvilFuzzy_II the Crypt-lord!

EDIT - OOC: Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I can hardly make heads or tails of this place. I'm not even going to pretend to understand the plans of the previous rulers, I'm just gonna keep the goblins out and excavate the catacombs.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:33:07 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »

Ingloriously!? I led the suicide mission to hold the goblins off that made it across the bridge! I died amongst throngs of war elephants and whip gobos! I was the last hope for Wooddipped! Thanks to me, the death was limited to the military and a few unlucky volunteers. Inglorious my mangled corpse.

Any who, new elf for me! Name him Pete, any profession is fine.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2011, 08:58:42 pm »

Ingloriously!? I led the suicide mission to hold the goblins off that made it across the bridge! I died amongst throngs of war elephants and whip gobos! I was the last hope for Wooddipped! Thanks to me, the death was limited to the military and a few unlucky volunteers. Inglorious my mangled corpse.

Any who, new elf for me! Name him Pete, any profession is fine.

Inglorious from my character's perspective, or something. I dunno, I'm kinda tired, so my brain isn't all there. Besides, I'm the guy who is planning to excavate a necropolis to house our future dead. I'm far from the most sane of the bunch, I'd imagine.

Here's your new guy:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:04:57 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »

Well, my spouse died, one of my children died, and some of my friends died and are rotting in a pit.
But, on the other hand, I had a reallllly good meal, so I'd say i'm doing fine.

I gotcha. My mini rant was kinda from my character's view as well.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2011, 07:44:11 am »

18 Granite

After working on the catacombs for over two weeks, I took a break to grab a drink. I was very thirsty. When I came up, I noticed piles of stone. Asking one of my fellows what that was for, they explained that those were stone stockpiles set up by a previous leader. While there were yet bodies to bed entombed, my kin were hauling stones! I immediately ordered those stockpiles removed, leaving only the one by the catapults to allow them quick access to ammunition.

20 Granite

I went to sleep.

21 Granite

As I slept, our sole remaining soldier, the hero Enure Blockpanthers was spotted out and about in spite of her fractured leg. When asked what she was doing walking around, she was said to have responded with a curt "Picking up my equipment."

22 Granite

I awoke and headed back down to the catacombs to resume digging.

1 Slate

I receive news that one of our bedridden heroes has died of thirst.

My heart goes out to Cequova's friends and family.

3 Slate

As some of my fellows volunteer to help with smoothing the catacomb walls, I order a temporary above-ground food stockpile to be set up as our cooks go to work on making lavish meals from the otherwise useless seeds.

[OOC: By the way, is it okay to make coffins out of stone, or should I only use wood?]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:31:54 am by EvilFuzzy9 »

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2011, 10:41:48 am »

Well, EvilFuzzy_II just fell down the waterfall, taking with him our only pick.

Then the game crashed, forcing me to start the year over again. *Sigh*

EDIT: While excavating the catacombs, I came upon a bauxite layer with sapphires and even a star sapphire. Nice. :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:06:25 am by EvilFuzzy9 »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2011, 10:53:40 am »

"Fell down the waterfall"? I didn't even know we had enough water for a waterfall.

Sucks about the game crashing though. Mine tend to crash when I examine blood-covered creatures/tiles.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2011, 11:08:57 am »

"Fell down the waterfall"? I didn't even know we had enough water for a waterfall.

Sucks about the game crashing though. Mine tend to crash when I examine blood-covered creatures/tiles.

Yeah, it's a natural waterfall from the river that goes right by the glade. I was building a little scaffolding across it to make into a meeting area to help with tantrum spirals.

EDIT:

'Vafice Elethavime, Duelist has been struck down.'

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:36:57 am by EvilFuzzy9 »

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2011, 11:58:07 am »

We are down to 26 elves. Xenos was caught outside with the others, so I drafted him along with a tanner. He is currently in extreme pain, fighting against a troll and a goblin maceman. I have also drafted myself and several other unnamed elves in the futile hope of holding off the goblins.

This started when I stupidly put that roof over the waterfall terrace, apparently allowing the elves to rush out like fucking dorfs. By the time I had realized this and begun deconstructing the roof, it was already too late -- those idiots had drawn the attention of the goblins, drawing them over. None have actually entered the Glade yet, but it is only a matter of time. Ah, what fun.

EDIT: EvilFuzzy_II and a few others are currently holding the gap.

MuffinII, whom I didn't think was anywhere near the conflict has been struck down.

We are now down to twenty-two elves...

... and it is only the second of Slate. Fucking hell, we're pretty much screwed at this rate. I think I'm gonna take a little break and let you guys figure out what we should do, because, to be quite frank, I am well beyond my depth, here.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:14:07 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2011, 12:07:58 pm »

Right, I forgot about the river  :-[.

That IS a mess there. There is a burrow for the glade, but it seems a little late now. Almost all the war animals died my turn so... good luck.

Also, this means that my turn was more successful on the "allow as little elves as possible to die" scale! Woo!

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2011, 01:50:33 pm »

The goblins... They are everywhere... They chased me along the riverbank. I evaded them -- for a time. Unfortunately, I ran into another troll, which charged me and knocked me off the cliff. I fell...

And I fell...

And then I hit bottom.

[OOC: Down to twenty now. Another recruit bled to death and my elf was knocked off a cliff into the river. Fucking trolls.]

EDIT: Down to only nine elves now, and it's still only 7 Slate. It's a goddamn bloodbath.

EDIT EDIT: 9 Slate. Goblins have infiltrated the Bolthole.

There is no way to adequately describe just how fucked we really are.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:12:02 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2011, 02:00:23 pm »

Hey there, chin up little fella- you're welcome to build those stone coffins.

At this point, feel at liberty to do what you can. I have never seen such a hardcore string of sieges before. I think it may have something to do with the year being 20++-- the goblins have the numbers of a modern army, and there are probably battleships waiting downstream. If you think you are down and can't get up, finish what you can, and try to go down in a blaze flurry of glory leaves.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2011, 02:24:51 pm »

We are now down to just two elves -- a melancholy milker and a tantruming elder/recruit. They are both in the bolthole, but they cannot get at the provisions. The hatch is locked tight, and there aren't any trolls nearby. It's just a question of whether we can survive without food and drink long enough for the goblins to get bored and leave. Place your bets!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18