Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21587 times)

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2011, 05:01:51 am »

Epic
ah good you worked out the bridge, sorry I didnt reply I've been at TAFE for the last couple of weeks
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2011, 10:22:20 am »

13th Timber, 2016
 Some of our elves are in the mine, getting stones for our catapults
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They might not make it in time…

15th Timber, 2016
All of them have made it inside…except for Omo Laliametha

The goblin bowmen are chasing him down. I fear he might not make it.

A cry came out. The goblins are in the glade.

I was too wrapped up in getting all of the elves in the mines inside that I forgot to lock the hatch. I called our defenders in to help. We are all getting in the bolt hole. Rifa help us.

---------------------------------------------------

While running to the bolt hole I saw our defenders fighting the lashers.

-----------------------------------------------------

Some people think they saw Crocatowa II running after the goblins chasing Omo.

He will not make it back.
-----------------------------------------------

She was in melee with some goblins…I don’t understand either.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Some elf finally gets the chance to lock the hatch. They probably saved the glade.

Also, our war animals joined the fray.

We might actually live.

I saw Omo near the bolt hole. He’s a lucky elf.

20th of Timber, 2016
I poked my head out of the bolt hole to see that the battle is over. I took stock of our losses. All of our civilian elves are present, but only three of our guardsmen where found alive. Of the three, only two are still viable defenders. The third, Alisa, has had her foot horribly smashed and she probably won’t ever walk again. The two others, Kifino and Atha, are both expert bowmen. It seems that bowie, our noble guardian, died fighting a goblin lasher in single combat.

And we are still under siege…

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2011, 10:53:38 am »

26th Timber, 2016

I notice that one of our elves, Ile, has experience with a bow but is not in the guard. This is corrected immediately.

1st Moonstone, 2016

3rd Moonstone, 2016

Ugh… not again

Everyone’s fine but a pet mountain goat landed outside the wall. This is what you get when you bring pets to construction projects.

7th Moonstone, 2016

Rifa damn it! The goblins are shooting up the walls at our carpenters working on the tree!

At least he was able to get away without dying.

14th Moonstone, 2016

Bowie’s bridge is progressing slowly. Since we don’t have enough mechanics, I’ve decided to draft some.

16th Moonstone, 2016
Omo throws a small hissy fit, but calms down immediately. This may be a sign of things to come

19th Moonstone, 2016

Well what do you know! Alisa as made a complete recovery! Credit has to go to Muffin II.

25th Moonstone, 2016

Ana Neciliykli is acting just like Famime was, with all the screaming and shoving and craft-shop claiming.

28th Moonstone, 2016
After claiming a bunch of logs, Ana says that she wants metal bars. She does know we’re elves in the middle of a siege, right?

6th Opal, 2016

I’m going to try bowie’s bridge. It’s about half loaded, but we should stil be able to catch a fair amount.

10th Opal, 2016

I worked! We are now the proud owners of 5 new troll cages.

13th Opal, 2016

Alisa was shot to death by passing bow goblins.

15th Opal, 2016

I think we proved the worth of this bridge.

18 goblins & trolls captured.

-------------------------------------------------------
(this section of the journal is entirely filled with obscenities)

Well, our whole guard squad has been killed. The swordsgob leader got stuck up on the middle platform with the elephant, so I sent them in to shoot him down. He jumped off of the platform and started to slaughter them. I am unhappy.

2nd Obsidian, 2016

We did not pull the lever fast enough. The goblins have made it to the end of the bridge. A volunteer force will try to hold them back. I will lead them.

The war animals will help.

This is a mess.

--------------------------------------------------------

Incase my ramblings where not clear enough, what happened is this: A really fast troll got to the lever before the elves did, scaring anyone you tried to pull it. I drafted some of the more useless elves into the guards, including myself. The caravan of war elephants passed by and started to fight the gobos. Two of the drafted elves were miners and where able to kill some of them with their picks. Fortunately, one of those gobos killed was the squad commander, so they retreated. Unfortunately, the trolls just seem to be standing there, fighting all who come near. All those that lived through the initial assault where called Heros. I did not, so the rest of this will be out of character.

There are some highlights to the fight with the trolls too.

The fight with another troll basically went like this.

Those that were fighting the first troll killed it. A third troll walks down and one of the heroes starts to fight it and killing it, with the help of one of the elephants. That elephant then goes and gores the CRAP out of the strangler troll, saving the hero trapped there. The true hero of this is Kle Healerleaf the Weight of something or other (it goes of page) the elephant. The lever is finally able to be pulled and the remaining trolls get trapped.

Oh wait…
Rifa damn it! There’s a troll in Evil_Fuzzy’s room. He’s not attacking any one who goes in so I think he’s trying to destroy that invincible artifact table…or enjoying a nice cup of tea…

…*whimper*

Oh and the milker, you know the one that was trying to have elves make metal bars under siege? Yeah, she finally went stark raving mad…No wait… she’s on break from being insane…

--yeah she’s just sitting there.

*Deep Breath*
Ok, one problem at a time. I made Evil Fuzzy the guardian. If he wants his room so badly, he’s going to have to be the one to get the troll out. And so he does:

His pick cuts the troll down fast.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tigermen?

Cool.
----------------------------------------------------
Thank Rifa. Spring.

Notes for the next overseer: The army is nonexistent, we are still being sieged, we are running out of resources, and we are on the verge of a tantrum spiral. On the plus side, bowie’s bridge works rather well! And we have some good "targets" to train our next bow elves. Just watch out for the bow gobos.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2011, 11:18:45 am »

The situation is no longer dire. It's hilarious. My mind is riddled with images of a white-bearded, celestial executive under Armok running his hands through his facial hair in consideration, and periodically pulling a lever the drops innumerable goblins down into Wooddipped.

Great turn, NotPete. Thank you for saving the glade.

Xenos is up! Cross your fingers and throw upon him your loftiest expectations, pushing him to the breaking point!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2011, 11:36:56 am »

The situation is no longer dire. It's hilarious. My mind is riddled with images of a white-bearded, celestial executive under Armok running his hands through his facial hair in consideration, and periodically pulling a lever the drops innumerable goblins down into Wooddipped.

Great turn, NotPete. Thank you for saving the glade.

Xenos is up! Cross your fingers and throw upon him your loftiest expectations, pushing him to the breaking point!

God, it might of have been hilarious for you but it stressed the crap out of me. I got the feeling that some dwarf fort was redirecting the goblins to us. Fucking dwarves.

Here's the save Xenos. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3777

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:44 pm »

An Excerpt from the journal of EvilFuzzy_II :

OH GOD, TROLL IN MY BEDROOM!

[This part is nothing but incoherent scribblings, spattered with thick, green blood]

NotPete told me to get rid of the troll myself when I told him about it. He seemed annoyed. So I went into my room with my trusty pick at my side. The troll was sitting at my table, drinking a cup of tea. When it saw me, it offered me some.

In response, I stuck my pick in its head. I hate trolls, flagging all my favorite videos on ThouPipe. >:(

Stupid jerks.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2011, 09:08:45 pm »

I was dead by that point, so I figured that you got pissed that the troll wasn't letting you put your stuff away.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2011, 09:31:09 pm »

EvilFuzzy cancels store owned item: items inaccesible.

EvilFuzzy cancels store owned item: URRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2011, 09:38:12 pm »

More like
EvilFuzzy cancels store owned item: interrupted my Troll Herbalist.
But you get the idea

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2011, 03:48:22 am »

Aaah this just keeps getting more desperate, hilarious and awesome every time I check back - Good work NotPete!
I also had the idea of dwarves redirecting goblins to wooddipped. This would be a good idea for Wooddipped 2 - vengeance on the stunted tree murderers.
Would it actually be possible for us as elves to have dwarves sieging/attacking us?

P.S. yay for my bridge!   :D
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2011, 04:06:17 am »

Would it actually be possible for us as elves to have dwarves sieging/attacking? obliterating us with steel weapons and martial trances.

Not in this game, since the dwarves were wiped out or failed to generate, but normally, yes.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2011, 04:07:38 pm »

When I'm playing as elves(used your stuff, thanks) I can not assign any labors besides mining, woodworking, medical things, hauling, and other jobs. Is this intentional and is the only way to assign other labors through Dwarf Therapist?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »

When I'm playing as elves(used your stuff, thanks) I can not assign any labors besides mining, woodworking, medical things, hauling, and other jobs. Is this intentional and is the only way to assign other labors through Dwarf Therapist?

It wasn't intentional, but seems to be hard-coded or at least determined by something other than the entity-defaults. DF Therapist is the only way, it seems.

By the way, though I hate to say it, the entity_default file for Wooddipped was subject to a few kinks. If you'd like, I can upload the new file that makes all three "friendly" races playable and fully functional in trade..

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »

Yeah I would, but it isn't needed, as long as I'm still attacked. Also, how do I make wooden armour?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:40:40 pm by kytuzian »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »

Yeah I would, but it isn't needed, as long as I'm still attacked. Also, how do I make wooden armour?

Wood armor is made at a craftshop by a woodcrafter. :)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18