Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21593 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2011, 04:58:12 pm »

Ironically, this means that it is bowie's turn.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2011, 05:38:05 am »

well at least I don't have to download it...
I should be finished pretty quickly as I only have the weekend to play. Updates to follow
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2011, 04:23:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An Excerpt from the Journal of 'EvilFuzzy' Fidalecana:

[The date is blotted out by a large blood-stain]

'Dear journal,

"I fear."

It has been so long since last I uttered such words, or even heard them uttered by my brothers and sisters. In this, an age of war and terror, driven from our ancestral lands by the Goblins, the Ulire-methi, we cannot afford to falter or dread. And yet, 'fear' is the only way to describe the atmosphere that has descended over the encampment.

For as long as we elves have walked this world, there have been those few among us blessed (or perhaps cursed...?) by Her with prophetic visions to ensure the survival of our people in a world dominated by those who would seek to do ill to us and our cotenants, both plant and beast. And never in these two-thousand years have we once neglected to do our sacred duty to take up arms against those who left such destruction in their wake as do the Goblin hordes. But so many of us have died in faithful service to Her that we are now to few to even defend ourselves, let alone the flora and fauna of the world. Our need is become great, and we are forced to take the lives of our brothers and sisters because of it.

And I, a loyal servant of Her, have taken upon myself the horrible burden of butchering our fellow beast, taking to the flesh of innocent beasts this set of holy knives which have passed down in my family since time immemorial -- knives shaped from the hallowed true metal in the blood of the earth by a wizened dwarven smith at the commission of my great grandmother for the sacred ritual of purifying the flesh of those who defile nature, that it may strengthen us with the power of our enemies' life-force.

Every day that I must sully these consecrated tools with the blood of innocents, I pray to Her for the forgiveness of my ancestors, for so many among us have spoken of terrible visions that I fear we may not be much longer for this world. In a single year, in just this camp, our kind have experienced more prophetic dreams than in all of the previous two thousand years combined, and they almost all share the same themes: disaster and mourning, madness and bloodshed -- things that could-have-been, and things that may-yet-come-to-pass. We have always placed our faith in Ri-[the ink is badly smudged in this spot1]-a, but these visions have filled so many of us with dread that some among us have begun to express doubt... and even I, one who is well-versed in the ways of the druid, fear that unless things change drastically, we will be wiped from the face of the world by the seemingly inexhaustible military might of the goblin nations. Indeed, in a moment of great weakness during the  attack, I was sorely tempted to turn the edges of my cacame-ceta and my one-ceta, my skinning and boning knives, upon those unforgivable Ulire-methi. But I resisted the urge, for to sully these blades with blood shed in violence would be an unforgivable act of blasphemy.

I only hope that our new leader will be able to lead us wisely... '

[The remainder of the entry is illegible, with a number of bloodstains and missing pages]

(I hope I didn't steal your thunder or anything, bowie.)

[Edit: Minor grammar fixes.]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:07:33 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2011, 07:43:54 pm »

sorry evilfuzzy but you started beating me with your axe (went berserk) so I had you shot... :D
If you post some requirements I can re-elf you

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:13 pm »

:'(

Dooooooomed.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:20 am »

sorry evilfuzzy but you started beating me with your axe (went berserk) so I had you shot... :D

Oh. Well, knowing that sure puts the journal entry in a more sinister light.

If you post some requirements I can re-elf you.

Sure, a male will do, any profession. Name him EvilFuzzy II. I'm feeling lucky.  8)

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2011, 01:39:46 am »

Alright nearing the end of the tantrum spiral and my new entrance is almost complete. It's the beginning of Autumn and the humans have arrived. Using our lavish elephant roasts I bought all the useful bronze weapons and armor they had along with some metal arrows for our rangers.

Entrance
The plan for my entrance is to have 5x5 guard towers every 20 tiles which should provide ample firing positions for our archers. The walkway you can see in the screenshot below will be channeled out and replaced with retracting bridges. Under this will be either cage traps to farm metal weapons and armor or a melee squad with swords and spears

Catacombs
Edit: every one of those coffins are full :D

Military Graveyard

Evil Fuzzy II

Fuzzy I've given you our miner, he has a nice shiny steel pick (probably the best weapon we have...) so he's pretty safe from goblins at least
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:12:50 am by bowie »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2011, 02:02:50 am »

W-what? The humans actually came? You mean they're here? As in, a caravan? In Wooddipped? And there are humans with it?

Oh, Ritha be praised-- there is hope!

For the love of grass, I hope you requested more from them. :)

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2011, 04:24:27 am »

No liaison  >:(

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2011, 09:03:24 am »

FINISHED!

I had a fairly lax turn mostly concentrated on recovering from the tantrum spiral and preparing for the gobbos

Overview

Entrance 2

AWWW YEAH!

So yeah should be a fairly exciting turn to who ever is next

Notes:
a) I forgot to update the raws with those skill rates
b) the new entrance is NOT complete. The retracting bridges will need to be hooked up and two drawbridges built at each end to stop them escaping the kill zone. Also cage traps should be built underneath so we can get more metal gear
c) I started building a military specific hut/tree directly down from the entrance but ran out of wood I would like it to have beds on the top floor and a training area below.

Good luck
'Bowie' Talonmortal

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2011, 10:21:42 am »

I'm a miner, eh? Hehehe... Well, then, I think I know what I'm gonna be doing when my turn rolls around. Can anyone say, 'Dedicated Subterranean Elven Necropolis'?  ;)

I just hope things don't go sour during Xenos's turn... Or do I? Muahahahahah....

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2011, 02:44:17 pm »

Great turn, bowie. What's that thing you used- stras..? Oh, uh, "strategy"? Loved it! I am quite impressed that you were able to man-handle a dire situation with such grace. And, kudos on those war elephants. That's what elven infantry should look like.

Since I am unable to download the file right now, I have a handful of questions:
- Who of the player caste are still alive? Does anyone need to be re-elfed?
- Are there any gobbos hanging around?
- What's the deer with the pretty name? :)

Notpete is up next. Well, technically, he was supposed to be up last, but, erm, don't hit me. R-really, he's in a much better position to take his turn now, when you think about it..!

/alibi

I'll send him a PM now.

Well, then, I think I know what I'm gonna be doing when my turn rolls around. Can anyone say, 'Dedicated Subterranean Elven Necropolis'?  ;)

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

File is up
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3766

Since I am unable to download the file right now, I have a handful of questions:
- Who of the player caste are still alive? Does anyone need to be re-elfed?
- Are there any gobbos hanging around?
- What's the deer with the pretty name? :)

1. the only player elves left are Evil Fuzzy, kilakan, panzer and me.
2. None at the moment but I'm sure there would be some ambushes hanging around. also we are still getting sieges.
3. Ribiula or "Squeezinggrowled"

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2011, 08:16:26 pm »

Notpete is up next. Well, technically, he was supposed to be up last, but, erm, don't hit me. R-really, he's in a much better position to take his turn now, when you think about it..!
Yea, you better grovel. You know what the turn order means to me? Like, 2. You probably saved the fort (camp? tree?) from an early death by doing that, as I have had no  experience with tantrum spirals yet...

Any who, Dling now! I need to change somethin' in the RAWs, right? Also, how do I post pictures? Does this post convince you that I am newish to df, and am going to kill everyone?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:18:11 pm by NotPete »

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2011, 11:21:43 am »

Yea, you better grovel. You know what the turn order means to me? Like, 2. You probably saved the fort (camp? tree?) from an early death by doing that, as I have had no  experience with tantrum spirals yet...

Any who, Dling now! I need to change somethin' in the RAWs, right? Also, how do I post pictures? Does this post convince you that I am newish to df, and am going to kill everyone?

This is DF. No matter how skilled you are, your dwarves (or elves, in this case) will still drop like flies. Even if the shit hits the fan in the worst way conceivably possible, things will should still be salvageable as long as you do your best to keep one or two of the most important/useful dwarves elves alive. That said, do try to avoid getting slaughtered too badly.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18