Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21610 times)

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2011, 10:38:35 am »

I made a burrow containing the underground storage areas, the levers and the two suspended constructions and sent the military to lead them away.

I'll upload the save shortly

Edit: here you go http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3716
PS you'll need to re-update the raws with the training speeds
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:50:30 am by bowie »
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2011, 01:53:11 pm »

......Ok just so you know, one elf was crushed when I first tested my jaw-bridge and two starved to death in the quarry because they could not come back up the red clay ramps. so yeah only three of those were on bowies' shift
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »

Alright.  I'll make this post shorter than the other ones. 

My goals for this year are:
1) To set up a catacomb so that if tragedy such as this strikes again, we won't have to wait for our carpenters to stop crying and make caskets.
2) To get an elven close-combat squad set up.
3) To make a personal apartment-complex tower for all the non-noble elves.
-BackgroundGuy Deeroutrage

Personal: Dear Rifa, what was that vision?  Everyone was dead thanks to those goblins, our beautiful elven commune reduced to a bunch of gibbering, insane elves in a rotting construct of wood.  Brrr.  Well, at least bowie's clever tactics neutralized that particular menace.  I'll take much joy in having our swordself squad rip them apart.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: You know what, I can't play worth a crap.  It's really pissing me off that these goblins are taking such a toll on these elves when I can normally hand them their asses as dwarves.  Sorry about all the hype everyone, It turns out that I can't manage these elves, they're too sappy.   

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:04:10 pm by BackgroundGuy »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2011, 01:52:14 am »

'Tis a shame...

Bear in mind, that we don't necessarily have to confront the goblins right now (unless we do)... originally, I figured we would just keep them on the lower levels by keeping bridges raised at all times, shutting the hatch, and then just shooting down on them from the safety of our vantage point if they came near, though I certainly simplified things.

At any rate, Crocatowa, you're up!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:13:53 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2011, 07:15:49 am »

While a generally good idea, I was mauled by crossbow goblins, so they would've shot back.  Crocatowa, you're going to want to put the enhanced skill rates in , they help a lot.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2011, 10:01:08 am »

While a generally good idea, I was mauled by crossbow goblins, so they would've shot back.  Crocatowa, you're going to want to put the enhanced skill rates in , they help a lot.

Yeah, that's where our "superior elven skill" comes in.............

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »

Oh boy, this is going to be interesting... which skillrates am I modifying again? And who's save so i play off of?
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2011, 05:09:55 pm »

:o That looks as though it didn't go over all too well. If it's any consolation, Backgroundguy, you can feel free to go to DF-> Raw-> creatures_standard and add this to elves below [canopendoors]:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If it's more than you can manage, we really don't have any choice but to begin from NewsMuffin's save, sorry as I am to say it. When all else fails, I am game to do this again with the holistic new, protein-rich, merchant-inclusive entity list I recently finished-- hey, don't cringe at me! ???

The skill rates in the spoiler are what you want to change, and you may as well go from bowie's save seeing as I didn't get through much.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »

okay
ill try to get started tonight
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2011, 09:47:43 am »

Holy cow.  :o That's a lot of shit to happen in the short time I've been away. And you know what? I think I'll give this game a shot, assuming I don't completely flake out or anything.  :-\ But, hell, you might as well add me to the list, though I'll probably need pointers on downloading, opening, and uploading save games.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2011, 12:23:28 pm »

Holy cow.  :o That's a lot of shit to happen in the short time I've been away. And you know what? I think I'll give this game a shot, assuming I don't completely flake out or anything.  :-\ But, hell, you might as well add me to the list, though I'll probably need pointers on downloading, opening, and uploading save games.

You have been addificatified.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:35 am »

Okay, so this game runs incredibly slow, I have 52 fps but the units ALL move no faster than 1 unit per 30 frames. It took twenty minutes for the game to register a day. Im going to try this in windows and see if it improves... I have never seen this happen before

EDIT: Ran it in windows and am having the same issue. I also applied the changes to the Creature Standard file. This in mind, i undid the changes and the game runs fine. Would you rather i played with or without the modified qualities? On another note, would anybody mind if i used a tileset such as Mayday's?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 12:01:45 am by Crocatowa »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2011, 12:51:48 pm »

Okay, so this game runs incredibly slow, I have 52 fps but the units ALL move no faster than 1 unit per 30 frames. It took twenty minutes for the game to register a day. Im going to try this in windows and see if it improves... I have never seen this happen before

EDIT: Ran it in windows and am having the same issue. I also applied the changes to the Creature Standard file. This in mind, i undid the changes and the game runs fine. Would you rather i played with or without the modified qualities? On another note, would anybody mind if i used a tileset such as Mayday's?

That's very odd... I don't have the same problem. Regardless, you might as well play without the modifications.

And, of course you're free to use a tileset. :)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2011, 02:10:14 pm »

Alright. I plan on finishing tonight or early tomorrow and will have a big update

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2011, 05:05:15 pm »

Okay... I hate to say that after all this waiting, you are going to need to skip me. If you're aware of the events in Egypt lately... My uncle is currently stuck there and things at home aren't the best right now. If you can add me to the list for a turn later that'd be great. I'm sending this from my phone and wont be home to upload my current save for the next few days, so you'll just have to skip me entirely... sorry about the wait. Ill keep with the thread and hopefully will be able to complete a turn later on.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18