Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21611 times)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2011, 04:47:38 pm »

well... i have no objection to restarting... only to waiting again >.>
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2011, 04:51:39 pm »

well... i have no objection to restarting... only to waiting again >.>

Glad to hear it, but let's wait to see how this goes. I have a feeling that quite a few people would find it a bit of a drag.

On a side note- when did we get a baby?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:36:36 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2011, 07:45:37 pm »

Yeah, I'll just restart from NewsMuffin's save, with the enhanced skill rates.  But first, a little drama.
5th of Granite, 2015
Oh Ritha, oh Ritha preserve us!  Though small in number, their weapons forged in the heartwood of the trees cut deeply.  I-I don't think I can go on much longer.  How could two delayed construction jobs do all this!?

7th of Granite, 2015 "The pages are torn and bloodied here, and the letters are messy and nearly illegible"
I don't know how much longer I have to write this.  They're right over there, but maybe they'll be too caught up in their bloodlust to destroy this journal.  Ritha, how did everything go to ashes so quickly?  Where did we stray from your guidance?  Please, let it be quick...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ritha:14th of Granite, 2015 (The following images are fairly large, those with small screens should consult a professional for opening.  Oh yeah, and the faint of heart should probably avoid it too.)
The carnage

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2011, 03:00:09 am »

Wow, bowie must be a miracle worker.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2011, 03:09:01 am »

Seriously.

Though, I wonder how far bowie actually got. When I gave it a go, I was able to divert the goblins' attention long enough to seal the fortress, and they just sort of lingered at the bottom of the cliffs for a while. Then they returned en masse, and it ended a lot like this.

Sorry for the fortifications on my part. :(
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2011, 04:03:11 am »

Seriously.

Though, I wonder how far bowie actually got. When I gave it a go, I was able to divert the goblins' attention long enough to seal the fortress, and they just sort of lingered at the bottom of the cliffs for a while. Then they returned en masse, and it ended a lot like this.

YAY!
I guess I was fairly lucky with my turn once my civilians lead them into the cage traps they just hung around there long enough for me to get everything sealed up. Then I got a migrant wave followed by a siege. the siege killed all the migrants which I was fairly ok with, then they left (the ambush squads left with the siegers)

too bad I deleted my save we could of continued just after the siege :(

PS
Sig?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:06:18 am by bowie »
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2011, 04:34:48 am »

go for it! I just want my grass back.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2011, 01:05:10 pm »

Seriously.

YAY!
I guess I was fairly lucky with my turn once my civilians lead them into the cage traps they just hung around there long enough for me to get everything sealed up. Then I got a migrant wave followed by a siege. the siege killed all the migrants which I was fairly ok with, then they left (the ambush squads left with the siegers)

too bad I deleted my save we could of continued just after the siege :(

PS
Sig?

Whoa, whoa... an actual siege, or another (set of) ambushes?

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2011, 04:50:07 pm »

A siege wouldn't surprise me much, we were at 52 elves right before the goblin swordsmen started slaughtering everything, and from what I remember of attack triggers, once you flip it you're always a viable target for that level.  So I guess I'll restart from NewsMuffin's save if no one has any objections to that...?

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2011, 08:17:01 pm »

A siege wouldn't surprise me much, we were at 52 elves right before the goblin swordsmen started slaughtering everything, and from what I remember of attack triggers, once you flip it you're always a viable target for that level.  So I guess I'll restart from NewsMuffin's save if no one has any objections to that...?

Lets just keep this thing rolling!
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2011, 09:42:12 pm »

Continuing on from 2015, because I'd feel terrible if I voided all of TALLPANZER's work.  I'll try and get these elves to stop crying and get to work.  I put those enhanced skill rates into the elven raws, so let's see how this goes.

15th of Granite, 2015
I'm alive?  I'm alive!  Thank you Rifa, I shall do my best to- oh wait, I'm dead.  Well.  that's disappointing.  I guess I'll do my best to lead everyone through this tragedy and make sure that it doesn't happen again.
Goals: Damage control.
Objectives: Get everyone buried in the catacombs and make sure the survivors are content.  If those are fulfilled, work on the entrances  (narrow them) to make sure that more goblins are caught before meeting our warriors.

23rd of Granite, 2015
AAArgh, why are you all going crazy?!  Stop losing it dammit!

24th of Granite, 2015
Crap.  And I bet more will go down this route as well.
26th of Granite, 2015
HMM, I think I know what's wrong with kilakan!
We have the worst Healers in the world.
2nd of Slate, 2015
Aw crap.  I don't think I'm going to be able to do this.

1st of Felsite, 2015
Yeah, game over everyone, there is basically no chance of recovering at this point.  A good 2/3 of the fort is insane in some way, we have 3 berserk elves in cages, when all the corpses rot the remaining sane elves are going to go completely batshit insane, and I can't get anyone to make any caskets.  I think I need to start over from NewsMuffin's.

EDIT: Do I have permission to use Dfcleanmap if necessary?
EDITLEVEL2:
15th of Felsite, 2015
SEIGE.  Aw man.
... Yeah.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:06:43 pm by BackgroundGuy »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2011, 11:43:33 pm »

DFmapclean is perfectly fine. Good to see that you at least gave it an honest effort. Best of luck with the next go- don't forget the military.:)

P.S. NewsMuffin seems to have deleted the multiple meeting areas I created below the huts. You may want to add them back, as this will mitigate the effects of the inevitable losses.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2011, 02:17:48 am »

Panzer woke up screaming, he tripped out of bed and stumbled out of the tree home
"Don't dig in the clay!" he hollered at the nearest elf.
"Woah man, calm it down, you get some bad grass?"  said the elf in question.
"They made me leader, and built cool towers but I made dig in the clay and then gobblins and death every where!" Panzer rambled
The elf replied "Dude you are naked, high, and mumbling about clay just after nap time. You have Zero chance of becoming leader of anything."
Panzer looked relieved "Thank the gods, I'ma go smoke a spliff in the brewery, you want in?"
"Yeah!" declared the elf, and then they all got high.
The end.

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2011, 05:13:25 am »

I played through again and did pretty well: A total of 6 deceased (some of these were before  I was playing)
All goblins captured or off the map and all entrances, except for that retracting bridge, sealed

Deceased

Overview

Caged

If you want I can upload the save and Background Guy can play from there
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2011, 10:30:17 am »

I'd be alright with that, but how did you do it bowie?  I know that the goblins eventually get caught by the cage traps, but how did you manage to avoid mass death and finish the wall?  did you cease construction of the main area?  Also where is the garbage dump zone? Argh like I thought you guys put it at the base of the waterfall.  WHY?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:32:01 am by BackgroundGuy »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18