Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21591 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2011, 02:35:47 am »

It's okay. I'm sorry I didn't stop you first. Keep that enthusiasm. It's exactly what Wooddipped needs, if our keeper is going around punching people in the stomach.  :-*

I've downloaded TALLPANZER's save to take a look, and felt it was appropriate to give the next players a heads-up.

(real spoiler)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If all else fails, we can vote on savescumming from NewsMuffin's save. While I don't want to undermine Panzer's turn, I would hate to see Wooddipped end so soon from a little oversight right after adding three people to the line.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:50:03 am by Ibid Straydrink »
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2011, 03:08:07 am »

Woah dude, I also built some towers, like the guard tower stocked with ammo.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2011, 03:16:50 am »

Woah dude, I also built some towers, like the guard tower stocked with ammo.

I saw! That was a nice touch.
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2011, 02:53:25 pm »

My character is a chick so... when my turn comes around ill have to have my gf edit it so it wounds... girly...
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2011, 09:12:17 pm »

I would also suggest replacing the fortifications in the main wall with, well walls. If we get a ranged gobbo squad up against those fortifications we're toast
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2011, 10:28:44 pm »

I would also suggest replacing the fortifications in the main wall with, well walls. If we get a ranged gobbo squad up against those fortifications we're toast

Seconded. I think that is exactly what's happening now. Some floor-hatch platforms like the one on the cliff could work out much better than bridges, too, since you can seal them immediately without waiting on and risking the elves. Also, (provided we survive) I would like to work on an execution range/sacrificial altar near the lake. :)

Panzer/NewsMuffin seems to have caught several literal tons of elephants. If we can get them in and seal off the village, we would have plenty to subsist on, and could train the rest to show those bastards whose jungle this is.

After toying around with DF for a while, I might raise the learning rate for weapon skills from 100 to 500, as well. That way, we can train scouts in a reasonable amount of time.

No word from Backgroundguy yet, though he still has time. Crocatowa, are you going to be ready in case he's gone missing?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:37:14 pm by Ibid Straydrink »

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »

Yeah I'm alive.  If you guy's don't mind me starting on thursday I can start then.  I have a paper to finish tomorrow so I can't start on wednesday.  If it keeps the interest up though, I don't mind being shuffled to the back or something.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2011, 11:08:52 pm »

I've been ready and watching this thread intently. :P so whatever Backgroundguy wants to do, ill wait or go next
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2011, 11:28:16 pm »

It wants kill us to wait another day or two. Alternatively, you could even just take your turn after Crocatowa. It's you're call, BG.

Whoever goes next, make sure you wear your Funglasses.
:)

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2011, 06:35:28 pm »

Panzer/NewsMuffin seems to have caught several literal tons of elephants.

Wow, my guy must be real busy, having to butcher all that elephant meat.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2011, 04:32:04 pm »

Alright, downloading NewsMuffin's file now.  Let's see how this goes...

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2011, 08:09:11 pm »

You're not even going to try my save?
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2011, 07:13:03 am »

Hmm, just cracked open yours as well TALLPANZER, and I have to agree, this doesn't look like a good situation.  Lemme play through both of them a little bit...
EDIT: Yeah, I really don't like where this is headed.
I suppose I could play, but I have a very low propensity for FUN.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:37:43 am by BackgroundGuy »

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2011, 09:13:31 am »

I mean... Im all for a good slaughter but... damn.... not on our end...

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2011, 04:30:52 pm »

:o That looks as though it didn't go over all too well. If it's any consolation, Backgroundguy, you can feel free to go to DF-> Raw-> creatures_standard and add this to elves below [canopendoors]:

If it's more than you can manage, we really don't have any choice but to begin from NewsMuffin's save, sorry as I am to say it. When all else fails, I am game to do this again with the holistic new, protein-rich, merchant-inclusive entity list I recently finished-- hey, don't cringe at me! ???

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18