Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21598 times)

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2011, 09:28:32 pm »

Bah, why not, i'll sign up. It'll be my first succession fort and elf fort as well.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2011, 11:14:57 pm »

Woohoo! I'm a butcher! Now if only we had some dwarves... I hear they taste excellent with minced strawberries...

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:25 am »

Did anyone else have the problem of not being able to appoint militia captains (scout captains)?

Edit: think I found the problem in entity default militia captains are appointed by the 'general' instead of militia commander
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:53:57 am by bowie »
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2011, 03:34:03 am »

So... how goes it tallpanzer?

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2011, 05:32:15 pm »

Why did these guy put me in charge here? I'm High all the time! Mostly I have just been telling people to build stuff. I don't even know the date. A group of migrants got here, I ordered ramps crushed in celebration.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2011, 07:37:49 pm »

So turns out handing the run of the place to a "high" elf was a bad Idea. Some even died. Currently we are under attack and I can not lead us through this. My time was going to be up soon anyway.

Here is the save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3700
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:47:33 pm by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2011, 08:03:07 pm »

Okey-doke... no footnotes, or anything?  ???

Bowie and NotPete, you have been added to list.

I took a look at the entity_default, and indeed, my keeping the default settings for the ranger captain are the cause of the problem bowie mentioned. We are limited to one squad. I'm sorry. :(

Furthermore, do to another oversight, I am not sure if the humans are coming. Although this is disappointing, surviving whatever it is Panzer's encountered could make for a rather harrowing tale.

Let's just... take a look at Panzer's progress, and go from there.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2011, 09:13:20 pm »

No need to feel disappointed or anything. I don't think people do this (play as elves and try to incorporate their social set-up, etc.) very often, so it was more that likely that something would become overlooked. Just play it through!
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2011, 09:28:19 pm »

Sign me up! :P
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2011, 11:56:01 pm »

OKAY!  :D
downloading and starting

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 12:35:53 am »

Backgroundguy is next. If we don't hear from him, it's Crocatowa. :)

Welcome to Wooddipped, Xenos. Prepare to get elfed up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:45:08 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 01:01:28 am »

Journal of 'Bowie' Talonmortal
9th Granite
the glade is in chaos. goblins attacked from hiding killing 2. Crocatowa led them away from the glade long enough for the carpenters to finish the outer wall. just as the goblins reached him he spun shot one in the gut then took to the other with his bow. Alas the other goblin was armored quite heavily and crocatowa's bow glanced off... may she accept you into her arms brother. As I write this the goblins skulk just out of bow-shot, at the north river crossing. It appears our cage traps work on all beasts not just the intelligent ones. I was shocked at how effective these metal weapons of theirs are. Most likely it is the blood of the great oaks and highwoods that make them so strong.

10th Granite
Ibideedlit our elder has been removed from his position for attacking one of our craft-elfs. to my great surprise my fellow elves have elected me as the new elder; i will do my best to ensure our survival in the promised land.

11th Granite
As the new elder I have decided that my time as elder will be focused on making us ready for the inevitable new attacks from our foes. I have decided this will be completed in three ways:
1. finding our own metal weapons and armor (An arrow is only as good as its bow)
2. Strengthening our defenses (the tree is only as strong as its trunk)
3. Ensuring overlapping defenses (the wait-a-while vine is only as strong as the number of thorns)

Whew what a start a combined sword and axe-goblin ambush discovered near the north bridge. I instructed all bridges to be raised and activated our military. unfortunately the corner of the north east wall was still under construction (2 more walls!). I sent the military there to hold the breach. crocatowa charged (I'm fairly certain he didn't have a bow) and died  and I decided to jump in a murky pool and hold my breath. I ordered our one remaining bow-elf back into the glade just in time - the walls were all complete and the bridges were raised. Then I got another ambush: a crossbow squad fortunately a craftself was trapped outside and thus led them on a merry chase away from our walls (then died).All our cage traps at the nth bridge have caught goblins: 1 crossbow, 2 axes and 1 sword

oh and I sort of switched positions with the remaining bow-elf: I don't want to die!!

So currently all (live) elfs are trapped safely inside and the gobbos are chilling at the bridge

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 01:13:54 am »

A little eager, eh? But The turn order is on page one- I'm afraid that you're number eight; we're only on number five.

You'll get your turn. ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:15:32 am by Ibid Straydrink »

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2011, 01:53:41 am »

snip
A little eager, eh? But The turn order is on page one- I'm afraid that you're number eight; we're only on number five.

You'll get your turn. ;)
Win.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2011, 02:02:21 am »

oh... damn :(  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18