Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21549 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 10:18:48 am »

I shall have this started (and hopefully finished) this after noon, for now though I have to say.  3 ELEPHANTS!! My god.... that was interesting
Nom nom nom

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 02:49:04 pm »

I suggest that make totems from the skulls of all the ones we kill, and then place them in a ritual area to pacify them. We may not be at peace with nature any more, but every bit helps. Also, ghosts.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:58:03 pm by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 03:18:36 pm »

gonna be starting in about 20 minutes when the dowload finishes, will edit it into here.  Hope you guys don't mind, but i'm not that great of a story writer, so I may have more of a journal type thing instead of a story.
Nom nom nom

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 04:34:16 pm »

I suggest that make totems from the skulls of all the ones we kill, and then place them in a ritual area to pacify them. We may not be at peace with nature any more. but every bit helps. Also, ghosts.

Now, is that just an IC suggestions, or do totems actually ward such things? It's a good idea nonetheless.

gonna be starting in about 20 minutes when the dowload finishes, will edit it into here.  Hope you guys don't mind, but i'm not that great of a story writer, so I may have more of a journal type thing instead of a story.

Do it however you like. :)
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 02:59:37 pm »

It is an IC suggestion. I have no idea if animals can have ghosts.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »

Ibid, did you change the raccoon raws in raw/objects, or in data/save/region/raw/objects?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:31:16 pm by NewsMuffin »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 05:15:58 pm »

Ibid, did you change the raccon raws in raw/objects, or in data/save/region/raw/objects?

Doh!

Yep, the former. At least we know it can be fixed, then.  ::)
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 07:30:31 pm »

Day 3 1/2 and not a peep from Kilakan yet. Newsmuffin, are you ready and willing in case something's come up?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »

ya sorry a bit of a family crisis and I had to leave town, I could do it tommorrow but if you want to go ahead, do so, I'll take a later date if so.
Nom nom nom

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 08:10:06 pm »

ya sorry a bit of a family crisis and I had to leave town, I could do it tommorrow but if you want to go ahead, do so, I'll take a later date if so.

Sorry to hear, I hope everything will be ok. If it isn't any additional burden, tomorrow or the day after should be fine.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »

3rd Of Granite, Guardians Log
A terrible creature has appeared, it was short, carried a knife, and had evil intent in it's eyes, though my lack of arrows I immediately set off after the evil critter.  Though It escaped I believe I bruised and broke a few of it's ribs.  Hopefully next time it shows up I shall have some arrows.  Upon my return, I was handed a small piece of parchment by our former mayor, naming me current overseer.  I can only hope I do my job well.
6th of Granite, I've commanded our miner head to the bottom of the valley and dig for stone, in the hopes of getting some basic stone fall traps up, I'd rather use our position to our advantage and drop rocks on the enemy.  Hum he seems to have struck damp stone.... what ever the hell that is, ah well I told him to move his efforts, and I've started the building of a few guard towers.  I'd rather be above my enemies with my bow, then down there with them.

Ok so I've gone about 2 months..... bloody hauling in the wood is taking forever with 16 men.  But other then the kobold there's been nothing of inerest yet.  I've familiarized myself and should be done early tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:53:25 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 01:58:37 am »

3rd Of Granite, Guardians Log
A terrible creature has appeared, it was short, carried a knife, and had evil intent in it's eyes, though my lack of arrows I immediately set off after the evil critter.  Though It escaped I believe I bruised and broke a few of it's ribs.  Hopefully next time it shows up I shall have some arrows.  Upon my return, I was handed a small piece of parchment by our former mayor, naming me current overseer.  I can only hope I do my job well.
6th of Granite, I've commanded our miner head to the bottom of the valley and dig for stone, in the hopes of getting some basic stone fall traps up, I'd rather use our position to our advantage and drop rocks on the enemy.  Hum he seems to have struck damp stone.... what ever the hell that is, ah well I told him to move his efforts, and I've started the building of a few guard towers.  I'd rather be above my enemies with my bow, then down there with them.

Ok so I've gone about 2 months..... bloody hauling in the wood is taking forever with 16 men.  But other then the kobold there's been nothing of inerest yet.  I've familiarized myself and should be done early tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, and sorry about the arrow shortage. Here's hoping the gobbos are busy.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 11:41:05 am »

Could I be added to the cycle?
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 12:21:27 pm »

I'll give you a character if you want what would you like?
Nom nom nom

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »

Archer/Healer if possible. Or Archer/ whatever else you need. And i can be part of the military if you want. And have you considered making an elven danger room to train the army?
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18