Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Archangel's Werewolf: Canceled  (Read 4199 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Archangel's Werewolf: Canceled
« on: December 28, 2010, 04:57:01 am »

Given the current dearth of new games, I figured it would be alright to put this into signups.

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1. At the start of the game, one fourth (rounded down) of the people joined will become werewolves.
2. Each day the villagers will gather and discuss the murder. They will then decide who to lynch.
3. No PMs. Werewolves who know each other get a Quicktopic.
4. The werewolves don't know who the other werewolves are, they only know that there are others.
5. If a werewolf tries to kill a wolf on its side, the kill fails and the two get a Quicktopic.
6. Trust no one. Deceit and lies are rampant, and someone could be revealing a werewolf's identity, or merely shifting the blame onto someone else. Don't be quick to point fingers, or fingers will be pointed unto you.
Any further questions may be PMed to me.

Also, there are a few game modes to pick from:
Know Your Allies - Werewolves know who werewolves are, and the Detective and Vigilante know each other.
No Lynch - Citizens can choose not to lynch anybody.
Factions - Werewolves are allowed to form multiple factions and fight amongst themselves. Only really fun in large games.
Infectious - Werewolves can choose to infect a person rather than kill them. Said infected has no idea who the other werewolves are until contacted. If this is put into play I can reduce starting amount of werewolves to one or two. An already infected werewolf will simply be tipped off to the other's existence. Only the initial werewolf or werewolves can infect people.
God's Wrath - One player is considered a saint/prophet and if killed the killer is struck down with them. If the saint/prophet is lynched, a random person voting for him is killed.

Vote for two of the above to be enabled. If you don't vote, you don't get in.

Winning:
a) The villagers win when all the werewolves are dead.
b) The werewolves win when their numbers equal the villagers' numbers, because then they can rise up and kill everyone with no worries. This can be done by murders and misguiding the lynchings, or infecting people if Infectious is on.
c) If Factions is on, the werewolves can only win by destroying all opposing factions. Villagers still win by destroying the werewolves.

Players: (9 minimum, 12 max)
  • Taco Dan
  • NativeForeigner
  • Zrk2
  • Dariush
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:01:24 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Archangel's Werewolf (0/9)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:57:17 am »

Since the mafia I'm in is drawing to a close, I'm in.
Last Words seems fun, and I guess I'll go with Infectious, too.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archangel's Werewolf (1/9) Sign up now!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 06:10:40 am »

OK. You're in.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 01:25:34 am »

I have no preference for the rules, but I'm in.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 01:29:50 am »

If you don't vote, you don't get in.
Sorry, but I don't want to have to chase people to get their vote. Just donkey vote or pick at random or something if you don't care.
My full sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 02:06:20 am »

In. Infectious sounds fun.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 02:08:26 am »

I'll add you, but you need to vote for something else as well.
My full sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archangel's Werewolf (2/9) Sign up now!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 03:12:15 am »

Oh, sorry, missed the "vote for two" part. Factions, if we get enough.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 09:44:33 am »

in
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 08:53:10 pm »

Last Words
Infectious
IN ... again.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archangel's Werewolf (3/9) Sign up now!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 02:02:36 am »

in
Sorry, but I don't want to have to chase people to get their vote. Just donkey vote or pick at random or something if you don't care.
*Cough cough*
I remember this being a problem the first time Squeegy ran his version.
Which reminds me. In order to prevent this from dieing like SW II&III, when this starts, I'll make a new thread and keep this open as a "bug the mod if he fails to end the Night" topic. Or use this one for the game and make another one for mod bugging.
My full sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Archangel's Werewolf (3/9) Sign up now! Read the damn rules first though!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 09:46:16 am »

Sounds fun. I'm in.
How exactly will last words work? The victim will be able to post at night?
Anyway, I'm for last words and infectious.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archangel's Werewolf (4/9) Sign up now! Read the damn rules first though!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 02:03:11 am »

How exactly will last words work? The victim will be able to post at night?
Basically, it's "No bah posts unless Last Words is in effect." I'm using a slightly, or possibly not at all (I can't remember now), modified version of Squeegy's rules this time. I'll likely make changes next time I run this, but I need to see how well it works first.

EDIT: It's annoying how almost half the posts in here are mine. It's not like I'm constantly waiting for other people to say something so that I can reply. Come on guys, post more.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:09:04 am by Archangel »
My full sig

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 03:25:20 pm »

Ok, posted. It's not just you.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »

Various problems / why people probably aren't joining your game:

For reference, I'm not trying to be mean.  I'd love it if there were more active games.  But you have a few things that need to be addressed.

First, there aren't that many active players right now. Even games from well established mods are taking a while to fill.

Roles:

There are too many powerroles with no indication if this will be close to Paranormal (almost everyone gets a role) or Mountainous. 

The Watchman and the Doctor are essentially the same thing except the Doctor can save lynchees. That's generally not a good idea.

The Blind Man 'cannot cry out when killed' except no one can unless Last Words gets chosen. In addition, he can apparantly can read the Wolves' quicktopic.  Which will basically make the Wolves shut up except for minimal interaction.

'Optional roles' imply that all 8 of the other roles will be in the game, is this true?  You don't clarify if the Lovers know each other, if a Lover can be a Werewolf, and how you're going to enforce them having to agree on lynchings.

Rules:

The Werewolves choose one person to kill 'the werewolves don't know who the other werewolves are'. How are you going to enforce this?

Infectious says that you'll reduce the number of Werewolves to 1 or 2, but there will already be only 2... Essentially turning it from a traditional Mafia game to one with a Cult, which are generally much harder.  How will further infections be decided?  Does the game end when the originals are lynched are do all the infected Villagers have to be lynched?

What happens if a Saint/Prophet is lynched?

For that matter, why do you even have the struck through items in your list?  Just remove them...

After OP:

Not the attitude that will probably convince people to play your game.

*Cough cough*
I remember this being a problem the first time Squeegy ran his version.
Which reminds me. In order to prevent this from dieing like SW II&III, when this starts, I'll make a new thread and keep this open as a "bug the mod if he fails to end the Night" topic. Or use this one for the game and make another one for mod bugging.
If the mod fails to keep the game moving, then the game deserves to die. If you don't think you can run the game and keep it more or less on schedule, don't.

Basically, it's "No bah posts unless Last Words is in effect." I'm using a slightly, or possibly not at all (I can't remember now), modified version of Squeegy's rules this time. I'll likely make changes next time I run this, but I need to see how well it works first.
For there to be a next time, there has to be a first time. This has already died in signups at least once. Also, why is that a rule variant?

EDIT: It's annoying how almost half the posts in here are mine. It's not like I'm constantly waiting for other people to say something so that I can reply. Come on guys, post more.
What would people talk about? You're in signups. Generally all that happens is people join and wait for the game to start. Doesn't help that your rules don't seem particularly solid.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:06:15 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: [1] 2