Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Horrible Armpit Rash  (Read 14628 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Horrible Armpit Rash
« on: December 28, 2010, 04:32:03 am »

Hey everyone! Welcome to gross symptoms!

First I want to state that I AM seeing a doctor as soon as I can, I just have been sleeping so much I havn't been awake to see one, and that I have bought and used Rash Cream. So "See a Doctor" doesn't apply. I also stopped using Deoderant since that aggrivated it.

Anyhow I have these two really bad rashes under my armpits that have grown quite large and painful. They have been going down quite a bit lately thanks to the holidays but after visiting a friend for a day I've noticed that my Rash, that had almost went away, suddenly came back with avengence. The info I checked out gave advice for rashes in general but armpit rashes seem very specific and most sites are very unhelpful... I am following the general advice for rashes to the best of my ability but some are nearly impossible such as "Air".

What is a good way to take care of an aggrivated Armpit rash so it doesn't grow larger and thus shrink? I could just rest a lot so it would shrink... but that would mean I wouldn't ever go out for at least two weeks (and I still have family visits to deal with)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:34:06 am by Neonivek »

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Armpit Rash
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:49:38 am »

Check your laundry detergent and make sure it doesnt have an irritant warning, (see: lemon fresh faggotry) on it.  Use baby safe detergents if possible.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 05:07:27 am »

Shingles, perhaps?
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:40:10 am »

Shingles, perhaps?

Possibly but very unlikely.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 05:59:41 am »

Were you wearing anything out of the ordinary when you went to visit your friend? Did you get a new piece of clothing recently?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 12:22:43 pm »

Do you have lice or other-hair dwelling parasites in your armpit hair?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 01:35:44 pm »

What does the damn'd rash look like, descibe its coloration, its grouping, ect. because "rash" is very nondescipt.

Also you should see a doctor immediately for anything that comes back after getting better.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 02:23:39 pm »

Scrub it so very hard.

It will sting, but that will subside when it is clean.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »

Any vaccinations lately? I know that a couple will cause rashes (smallpox, for one).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 06:56:27 pm »

Have you tried scratching?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 07:26:34 pm »

Possible infection of bacteria or fungus in your skin. Smear one armpit down with anti-fungal cream and rub the other with alcohol. Repeat whichever treatment works better.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »

Any vaccinations lately? I know that a couple will cause rashes (smallpox, for one).

When was the last time you've heard of someone getting a smallpox vaccine? The virus only exists anymore in a handful of military labs.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 01:40:44 am »

Not sure this line of questioning is too helpful, I mostly wanted to know some taking care tricks, but ok.

Nothing new has occured, the rash could have started with an alergy to deoderant causing the rash to get so large that it was difficult to go down. There is no lice, or at least none that I can see.

The rash likely increased in size while at my friend's house due to friction from increased activity and nervousness (I am an introvert who acts like an extrovert so I am always very uncomfortable at a friend's house.)

It is red, extremely dry, swollon, and dead skin quickly clings to it, sometimes I get cuts and openings in the skin that bleed just from the rash. Right now however the rash has receeded and my skin is just red and feels like ordinary skin so hopefully it is going away though Thursday I am going back to my friends house. Outside the rash area my skin has broken out something fierce with coldsores on my chest, a bit lower, my back, my shoulders, actually just all around the areas where my armpits are, It wouldn't be unusual but I've been washing more then ever so I should be better less of this junk.

As for "Scrub it hard" that would be a no go from sites. I did that at first because the excess skin bugged me, but from what I found out that aided it in getting so large. In fact sites say not to use soap, but instead cleanser, because that dries it out.

No shots and I have scratched... Right now the itches are the painful stabbing kind and today I suddenly had an overwhelming stabbing pain from the itching so I had to quickly take a shower almost on the spot. I used Exfoliant body wash and that worked magic. Actually the itching is the part I want to go away... If feels like I havn't taken a shower in weeks... I want to just scrub the skin right off my back right now (Which is tough... actually I am so tall it is hard to even get my legs because showers are so small. I've sat in showers before and that helps quite a bit)

My Plan is that when I go to my friends house I'll start the day with the Rash cream and then partway through I'll put some more on. I also have First Aid Sprey and it is more painful then I expected but I can take it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:42:44 am by Neonivek »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:22:52 am »

Soap weakens the outer barrier of the skin, grease.

I should have specified a moist, bacteria-free rag.

If I were you, I would apply Neosporon to the whole area, breakouts included.

That should clear it up.(disclaimer: breakouts may stay for quite awhile)

Is it less painful now?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 02:43:50 am »

Yep no pain for now. Ill keep you posted if something changes.
Pages: [1] 2