Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Horrible Armpit Rash  (Read 14626 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Horrible Armpit Rash
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 02:54:44 am »

I'd first have to say you dont get to scratch it any more, not even a little, and I'd recommend switching to a non-antipersperant containing deoderant after you recover(expecially if there is snow outside your house).

Now some questions.
Have you ever had anything like this before, rashes of the underarm?
Did you buy a new brand of deoderant or laundry detergent or softener recently?
What would you descibe is the temperature of the showers you are taking, cool, warm, hot?
How well groomed are your finger nails?

As for cleaning it if you believe the exfoliant works then go for it, and you probaly shouldnt use a cleanser if it will dry out your already dry skin.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 02:59:51 am »

Any vaccinations lately? I know that a couple will cause rashes (smallpox, for one).

When was the last time you've heard of someone getting a smallpox vaccine? The virus only exists anymore in a handful of military labs.

I've got the annoying blood-oozing blister on my left arm right now. Just because we beat small pox as a disease doesn't mean that some bastard won't try weaponizing it again, especially now that vaccines aren't universal for it. So a fair number of people actually do still get vaccinated for it. It reaaaaly sucks.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 03:13:58 am »

Have you ever had anything like this before, rashes of the underarm?
Did you buy a new brand of deoderant or laundry detergent or softener recently?
What would you descibe is the temperature of the showers you are taking, cool, warm, hot?
How well groomed are your finger nails?

I've had rashes in my underarm, I take hot showers, I don't groom my fingernails almost at all. (I've been taking warm showers now under advice of the "How to treat rashes" thing)

The deoderant is just the usual dry deoderant I use except a different type. Speed Stick Irish Spring. I hate Gel deoderants with a passion.

Usually my rashes are from scratching, sweat (Back, inner thigh), or friction (Lower back from belt, and inner thigh). I tend to break out in mild hives when I get nervous that I scratch, which is almost all the time when I am in public. In fact I can tell if I am stressed by looking at my right hand.

My skin tends to come off quite a bit after showers. I've come out with pink arms before. Oddly enough I never peel with sunburns >_<. I guess I don't like taking showers.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 03:29:41 am »

I'd recomend that you groom your nails so they are clean and not jagged or pointy, showers should be adjusted to be slightly below what feels closest to room temperature on the back of the hand before you hop in if you have a rash.

Also when you wash your skin do you use soap or body wash, and do you scrub or rub?

This is most likely stress influenced but a direct source wont be determined unless you seek a doctor opinion.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 12:59:41 pm »

My skin tends to come off quite a bit after showers. I've come out with pink arms before.
How's the water where you live, anyway? Mildly acidic?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »

My skin tends to come off quite a bit after showers. I've come out with pink arms before.
How's the water where you live, anyway? Mildly acidic?

Toronto water so... High in estrogen

Ø

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 01:57:17 am »

I've come out with pink arms before.
That's mostly attributable to the heat.

The only skin condition I can give advice about is a few small patches of mild psoriasis, but it involves acid which probably wouldn't do you much good.

There are major lymphatic nodes under your armpits if I recall... though that should just be swelling and discoloration if something was wrong there. Worst case scenario though.

Skin conditions are finicky but
but after visiting a friend for a day I've noticed that my Rash, that had almost went away, suddenly came back with avengence... The rash likely increased in size while at my friend's house due to friction from increased activity and nervousness
wear a shirt with no sleeves and large arm holes so your clothing can't rub there. Or use this as an excuse to go shirtless. Use lotion. Don't scratch.

Zasir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 12:48:34 am »

I would lay off the deodorant while the rash persists.  Most products have a warning regarding rashes on the package.   

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 08:23:28 pm »

I would suggest air as the best treatment. You should keep the area dry and frictionless. Perhaps some light guaze or no heavy clothing. I used to get a rash from walking and working 12 hours a day until I started wearing athletic running pants at work instead of jeans. The same could apply to shirts.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

I would get it checked out ~ sounds like a Staph infection to me. Staph is pretty common, especially if you come into contact with exercise equipment or gym clothes that haven't been properly sanitized. Rewearing clothes that you've sweat a lot in is a good way to get it, or clothes stored in dirty lockers et cetera.

I think your nails and scratching is probably a good way to cause infection, especially if you nails are sharp or rough, and even more so if they aren't particularly clean.

From what I understand, you'll need antibiotics to clear up a Staph infection. If you leave it unchecked, it can become systemic and possibly deadly.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 11:06:32 pm »

It sounds really odd, but any ointment for hemmaroids will help.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 11:08:31 pm »

Do you shave your armpits?
If so, that might be the problem. If not, that might be the problem. Just stop doing what ever your doing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 12:22:43 am »

Do you shave your armpits?
If so, that might be the problem. If not, that might be the problem. Just stop doing what ever your doing.

Thanks?  :o

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 12:37:07 am »

I'm sticking by my rubbing-alcohol-and-fungicide guns no matter how much you ignore it.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 [2]