Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Letterhide -- succession fort  (Read 3667 times)

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
Re: Letterhide -- succession fort
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 03:31:24 am »

WE!
DO!
NOT!
SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We work around the problems that others have caused!
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2011, 01:22:54 am »

Dr. Ninja, it seems you have a challenge before you.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »

Sorry for destroying the old military.
But I did manage to do some good things like:
Set up magma furnaces
Built a larger dining room.
Smoothed the fortress down a bit.
Covered the outside fortress thingy.
Built more workshop rooms.
Created another military.
Made a few steel short swords.
Built a mayor's mansion.

So I didn't do that bad did I?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dr.Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 09:39:40 pm »

Hokay, it may be a day or so before I get started, but don't worry.
Huskmancepire

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 08:15:11 pm »

Paging Doctor Ninja. Paging Doctor Ninja.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »

Dr. Ninja, you've had a week to complete your turn. As of tomorrow, it will be the next player's turn.
You have until midnight PST tonight to upload, before your turn turns into a pumpkin.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:59:04 pm by AngleWyrm »

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:59 am »

...And time's up. Sorry Dr.Ninja, but the show must go on. I hate to skip you, but what's the point in waiting if you're only thinking about maybe you'de like to play at some point in the future? The future has come and gone, and others would like to play too. If you change your mind and decide to play a turn, you're welcome to join the game.

MrNuke, we'll be using the previous save for your turn.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:29:48 pm by AngleWyrm »

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2011, 05:06:48 am »

OH SHI-

Sorry, I didnt relize it was my turn now. GRAH DOWNLOADING SAVE PROMISE!!!!111!!!!11!!!one!!
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2011, 05:32:50 am »

Prologue: Diary of MrNuke: 11th of Moonstone, 253, Early Winter

If I am anything right now, I am extremly mad. I worked hard a while back to keep this fortress safe and protected, and then some f**ked up leader got voted in to replace me, and he ruined everything I set out to protect! And then, of course, he runs away when everything is looking rather bad. The people of letterhide voted me back in, and it is my duty stop the goblin siege outside, and fix everything that has been broken so far. I have to admit though, this will not be easy. There are four squads of goblins outside, enduring the cold, just to come and slaughter us. The only thing protecting us is a drawbridge and some bits of wall...which I built! It is now time to stop writing in this Diary, and get to action. Letterhide will be restored back to its former glory! And if not, then the citizens can shave my beard clean off...

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 01:43:10 am »

Part 1: Diary of MrNuke 12th of Moonstone - 1st of Opal

I am still in awe. This place was great before I left, and now its a garbage dump. The first thing that I am going to do is set the farms on fallow, as we have enough food and drink to last years. Of course, the farmers aren't pleased about this. They have no job now, but there is always something to haul!

And our previous ruler must of had some sick fetish for smooth walls. BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS BLOODY SMOOTH! Prehaps you should do less smoothing and a little bit more time not getting MURDERED!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Though not by much, I have expanded our magma industry to 3 smelters and 1 forge. 1 for smelting iron ore, 1 for smelting pig iron, and 1 for smelting steel. GET SMELTING!

And our logs are going to run out quickly, so I have told the miners to breach a section of cavern filled with nice, warm mushroom tree things! Woodcutters, GET CUTTING!

Oh, and some dwarf of some sort is kinda angry, I guess?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

FORGOTTEN BEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!

Why did no-one tell me about this??? That M i drew is the forgotten beast...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 03:11:01 pm »

I can't wait for my next turn. Its going to be FUN.
You wanna see a real wreck?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:23:45 pm by filiusenox »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »

TIP: Build a support holding up a constructed wall/floor overhead where the beast can get to it. Since they're all building destroyers they just cant resist snapping it in half... and once they do, they will be either damaged or killed by the resulting cave-in. Added bonus? Make cage traps around the area as well. If the cave in knocks the creature out, the cage traps will capture it even if it itself is trapavoid. This can be used for any building destroyer, but I'm not sure if Forgotten Beasts can be caged.

You can also make a trap for gremlins by placing a lever near the support for them to pull and make the overhanging deathfloor a bit wider.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2011, 12:47:59 am »

Well well well....

MrNuke Cancles play Dwarf Fortress: Game crashing every 2 seconds...

And all my progess thus far has not been saved!!!

MrNuke has gone stark raving mad!

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2011, 05:39:16 am »

So are you gonna play your turn or do you want to be skipped?

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2011, 05:44:31 am »

Im getting extremly annoyed at the constant crashing of the game...

Plus im starting a community fortress at the moment, so It would be best to skip me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5