Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!  (Read 36783 times)

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2011, 04:01:59 am »

I'm curious. Why did you make the immortal woman a man and the German man a woman?

The only important difference I can see is Bravery, so do you mind switching them around?

Because I was lazy. Who do you want to switch with?

Am I hired? If I'm reading that spreadsheet correctly, it looks so.

I'll maybe write my intro tomorrow.

Yeah, you're hired. There's a screenshot of you up there.

United Forenia Forever!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2011, 04:07:14 am »

I'm curious. Why did you make the immortal woman a man and the German man a woman?

The only important difference I can see is Bravery, so do you mind switching them around?

Because I was lazy. Who do you want to switch with?
Sheb's character, von Kleinfeld.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2011, 04:11:56 am »

I support Archangel's demand. I don't like my brave germanic warrior to look like a cheerleader.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2011, 07:23:16 am »

Still at the top of the kills list, buddy! Woo!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2011, 12:56:23 pm »

Eager to see where this goes.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2011, 02:23:29 pm »

#usr/docs/personal/whatever/__001-XCOM(1).iml:
Well, this is some interesting news. It seems my shady neighbors of "NOT A SECRET BASE" (Which I could already tell was total bullshit) decided to invite me over for a housewarming party. Said they needed a radiator or toaster or something to help them out. Doesn't help that I already know by the slang used regarding "toaster" that I already knew what they meant. I assume this was their unusual way of telling me that they took interest in me and my ways of piecing things together on the spot according to what SELF has told them.

I didn't think my profile would extend as far as getting X-Com's attention though. I thought those guys were de-commissioned after turning Earth into total crap during the "Plunging of X-Com Seamen into the Alien Egg Factory" quest. I just wanted to find some work better than babysitting a bunch of drugged out losers in my slum, or selling bootleg shows I got off the Nexus to people that don't have such a means. To say the least, I've gotten bored with my crappy lifestyle and wanted to do something more interesting anyway. I just hope I'm not assigned some crap work like looking over a base in a box canyon with some numbnuts.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to swipe my info off the Nexus of the info SELF provided for X-Com and did a little modifying of my profile to make myself not the redshirt frontline, but not too specialized to sit in the "back of the bus" and do nothing and watch everyone else have all the fun. I think I remember reading old X-Com documents as far back as 1999 from some irate elites about that crap being pulled. I'd be pretty pissed off too if that's the thanks I get for being a good soldier. At least if something like that happens to me, at least allow me to stay connected to the Nexus. I can always find some forums to troll as I sit idly by.

Anyway, I think these numbers seem more fitting for me so I can avoid some uneccessary crap. BTW, I think they should do a better job encoding their files. I mean, base-512 encoding is easy to crack as is, and furthermore, I would assume by the files the operators use, that they aren't exactly the most skilled computer users either. I mean, [type].[name].[soldier#].[race#].[base].xls (Excel, really?) was a bit too easy to find. I also assume # means which one of that type. So I guess I'm the third android to join this possibly cavalcade of cadavers.

Attachments:

#usr/docs/personal/whatever/__001-XCOM(1).ims: (MODIFIED)
Oh right, before I forget, I ought to cover my leftover trails from my hacking. They may not be bright enough to have a competent file system, but I know full-well not to underestimate stupid people in large numbers. Enough stray brain cells can make up a mind somehow.

ADDENDUM:
On the plus side, at least it looks like I'll be relatively safe... for now. I just hope I'm not commanded by some racist bastard that hates us "Toasters". I'll see if I can spend some time later on to modify my personal stores before I get into the base (they always have personal inventory files for their troops, shouldn't be too hard to find), and see if I can get myself something I can work with better, and maybe a few other items to fuck with the minds of the inventory guys too. :P

FURTHER ADDENDUM:
I noticed a stash of psiclones in their inventories (what are they doing with those? I wonder...). I can probably snag one and drop some of the stuff into the drinks of the higher-ups, or modify the psiclone machines so I can reprogram their interface for some deathmatching or something. It shouldn't be too hard to... subtract one from inventory (and steal some funds from Psyche for about as much they'd buy for anyway to relieve some suspicion) and rename the transferred item in my inventory list as something less harmful, like Cyclon (energy drink for androids). I don't think they'll notice. Hell, I'll even bring a can of the stuff to minimize suspicion when I come in.

Spoiler: about:File_Extensions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:10:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2011, 04:14:54 pm »

Interesting update, but... why the hell is Kamina a Hybrid?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2011, 04:16:36 pm »

...Fun fact, Karmina uses Psi to give us aneurysms.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2011, 04:19:15 pm »

Another Fun Fact, Kamina can time travel. How else would he end up here a century later without being as old as Grandpa Harley?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:12:16 pm by Phantom »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2011, 08:08:20 pm »

Wasn't he killed then in that? Sometime?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2011, 08:10:14 pm »

Wait what? If you're referring to Phantom, I said if he was in that situation. If you're talking about Kamina, *shrugs.*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2011, 08:12:36 pm »

Wait what? If you're referring to Phantom, I said if he was in that situation. If you're talking about Kamina, *shrugs.*
I think it was Kamina (aka Terashell). And if I recall further back, his initial claim to fame was getting his ass shot off in his first combat run. Survived, and got many kills afterward, but had nothing left of his buttocks. And I think he also got it on with one of the scientists too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »

I think it was Kamina (aka Terashell). And if I recall further back, his initial claim to fame was getting his ass shot off in his first combat run. Survived, and got many kills afterward, but had nothing left of his buttocks. And I think he also got it on with one of the scientists too.
Oh well, let's not ask what happened. Let's wonder how long he'll last again.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:17 am »

Spoiler: Update 9 (click to show/hide)

United Forenia Forever!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:04 am »

Somewhat related, but I was playing this myself the other night. Is it normal for them to be wielding Disruptors in the first week, and Poppers showing up on the first day of the second week?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21