Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!  (Read 36716 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2010, 09:25:34 am »

I have a feeling this thread is going downhill before it ever went uphill. Will you guys cut it out already?

What are you complaining about? There's a lot of nice RP material there :P.
Yeah, this faux-racism characterization is great. On that note:

The moral fiber of society has wavered over the past century, slowly but surely. There was once a day when the use of psionics was looked upon with rightious vengence by the people of the world, the unfortunate development of First Alien War X-Com scientists who went too deep and discovered things that humanity was never meant to dabble in. We could have ended it there, but most of our ancestors refused to say what they all knew of psionics, and suppresed the few with the courage to speak up. *Slams a dusty old copy of The Psionic Conspiracy: Behind The Scenes At X-Com By Rion Chrisson on the table* I, at least, know where my family's loyalties have always been. By the Second Alien War, our world had degraded to the point where psionics were being used in the daliy lives of individuals! It is no coincidence that this is the same period of time that the world's reliance on the alien-based Elerium caused a crash of the world economy to the point where whole nations joined together in a futile attempt to save their societies. But we continued on the doomed path none the less, unwilling to avert our obvious fate. We fought the new alien menice, and what did our victory using alien technology get us? Why, the ravaging of Mother Earth's seas, and later her air and the very ground itself! Our world is dying, and there is no one to blame but the aliens and their corrupt technology! Mega-Primus is our greatest chance at restoring humanity, restoring our Earth! And you would let these half-alien monsters in?! Psionicly corrupted humans!? Murderous AI's, waiting for the chance to extermanate us all?! Daily mass shipments of Elerium from old alien worlds?! What, do you "progressives" beleive will happen when the Elerium runs out? What about this new alien threat? What do you propose we do when they contact their Earthborn kin, or psionically contact their sympathizers? What of the AI threat? It is only a matter of time untill they announce that we organics are no longer needed and begin their uprising! We must strike first if we are to survive! This is Earth! Humanity's world! Humanity first! Humanity forever!
Spoiler: Forever! (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2010, 09:53:22 am »

or batshit insane pyromaniacs who want to blow everything up.
\8)\ <8)> /8)/ Hollah!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2010, 10:22:08 am »

I have a feeling this thread is going downhill before it ever went uphill. Will you guys cut it out already?

What are you complaining about? There's a lot of nice RP material there :P.
Yeah, this faux-racism characterization is great.

I was talking about the imagespam earlier. I'm okay with RP stuff, because it fleshes out your character a bit more, but could you please spoiler those images?

Anyway, we still have eight unnamed vehicles. Four Phoenix Hovercars and four Hoverbikes. Any names?

Spoiler: Update 2 (click to show/hide)

United Forenia Forever!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2010, 12:01:29 pm »

I'm so in.

Name: Hans-Joachim von Kleinfeld
Weapons: Machinegun
Bio: The grandson of Dr. von Kleinfeld (remember him?), Hans doesn't have his ancestor's intellect. Rather than go to college as his father wanted him to, Hans spent his time with bad boys and thugs of various kind, ending up as the leader of a small gang. Hans-Joachim has always been angry at the aliens for killing his grandad and his present social condition as an outcast only made him more of a alienist. He sees the recent aliens agressions as the final proof that they should be dealt with and is sure thant once they are dealt with, it'll be the hybrid's turn.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2010, 12:08:52 pm »

And now all we need is the Muller family!
And maaaaybe Jeremy's long lost clone-brother Jeromy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2010, 12:20:22 pm »

Thanks, by the way, Po..er...Author, for saving me from the Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2010, 12:42:43 pm »

No problemo.

I agree that psionics should be limited, if not ignored. Hard mode is fun mode, I always say!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 01:47:13 pm »

Ah, what the hell...

Name: Jack Grey
Race: Hybrid
Preferred weapon: Anything fully automatic
Bio: One of the earliest hybrids, cloned from an X-COM operative captured during the Havana Fiasco. Experimented on quite extensively before being liberated along with several human abductees and their hybrid offspring a few months after the Battle of Cydonia. Harbours terrible burning resentment towards the aliens, the Cult of Sirius and people who make anal probe jokes around him, but still relatively sane and well-adjusted for an X-COM recruit.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2010, 02:36:34 pm »

I'm still alive wewt.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2010, 02:41:34 pm »

There is not enough death. WHERE IS THE DEATH!?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2010, 02:59:14 pm »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2010, 03:00:48 pm »

posting to watch.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2010, 03:06:18 pm »

Has everyone been recruited yet?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2010, 04:40:41 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2010, 05:17:54 pm »

Hey, Azzuro, can you start raiding Temples? Great source of powerful weaponry early on in the game.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21