Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!  (Read 36760 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Apocalypse!
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 10:25:24 pm »

Name: The_breadbocks (Name rendered unpronounceable with current audio technologies. Nicknames: bread, breadbocks(pronounced breadbox), breadblocks, blocks, guy who's name is never capitalized)
Race: Human/Sectiod Hybrid
Weapons: Mind Bender and (Ask me when we get there)
Bio: Was an experimental hybrid. First hybrid made, a couple years after the first Alien wars. Name was given to self, after being annoyed by the human name given to it. It is the only creature in the world capable of pronouncing his name. Closest hybrid to the sectiod race. After seeing the abominations that were the aquatiods, it requested to be put into cryo for the next big battle with the aliens...
OOC: He MUST have near max psi. The excuse you have for trying multiple times is it would be hard to find THE hybrid.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 10:30:10 pm »

I decree that everyone be hostile towards the Hybrid.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »

As said, Dakam, back as an old man who,s too old for this shit.

Also, ishis retirement date will be fixed for 2 days after he got wounded fatally.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 10:50:11 pm »

Name: The_breadbocks (Name rendered unpronounceable with current audio technologies. Nicknames: bread, breadbocks(pronounced breadbox), breadblocks, blocks, guy who's name is never capitalized)
Bio: Was an experimental hybrid. First hybrid made, a couple years after the first Alien wars. Name was given to self, after being annoyed by the human name given to it. It is the only creature in the world capable of pronouncing his name. Closest hybrid to the sectiod race. After seeing the abominations that were the aquatiods, it requested to be put into cryo for the next big battle with the aliens...
OOC: He MUST have near max psi. The excuse you have for trying multiple times is it would be hard to find THE hybrid.

Actually, the hybrids in the recruitment pool are very bad. I think the best rookie hybrid would only be able to mind control 5% of the time or so, and then only for a short time (I'll be playing real-time). Endgame though, hybrids will dominate the battlefield, being equal with humans physically and being able to use psionics. Anyway, I'll put you in, but don't complain about poor psi skill.

As said, Dakam, back as an old man who,s too old for this shit.

Also, ishis retirement date will be fixed for 2 days after he got wounded fatally.

Any weapon preferences?

United Forenia Forever!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 10:50:34 pm »

About The Poet's age: By this point, humanity has developed the means to rewrite the cells "death timer" mechanism, effectively stopping aging.

Name: Akura
Race: Human Male
Weapons: Explosives mostly. Rocket launchers, bombs, etc. Will settle for an Autocannon until bigger weapons come available.
Bio: Has a fascination for explosions. Has a history of small jobs within the organized crime factions within Mega Primus. Ran afoul of the law during a job for Osiron to blow up a transport that turned out to belong to one of the prominent Technocrats. The intended target was not on the vehicle when it was destroyed, but facing forced-labor in the Elerium mines(a death sentence if you're lucky), he instead signed on with XCOM in exchange for a clean record should they win the fight against the aliens.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 11:39:17 pm »

Okay, I think that's enough people, starting soon. Any suggestions as to names? Base name up to 18 characters, vehicles up to 24.

United Forenia Forever!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 11:42:23 pm »

Base Name: Evening Moon, homage to Morning Star.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:13 pm »

In Character Base Name: Human Purity 01
Out Of Character Base Names: Salvation Complex, The Eclipse, Earth Eternal
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 11:55:45 pm »

BASE:
'Not a Secret Base' (3.5 votes)
'Mini-Primus'

FUTURE BASES:
'Psyclone Factory' (Especially if you have this as a military personnel base stocked with rookies farming psyclones from the Cult.)

VEHICLES:
-Cars-
'Party Van' (at least for the roomiest cars; air or land)
-Tanks-
'Shiela' (RvB reference)
-Bikes-
'Joyrider'
-Aircraft-
'Bloodfist' (Shameless self-plug; preferably with the better future craft. Could also name the starting craft it as well, I suppose.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:20:37 am by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 11:57:14 pm »

'Not a Secret Base'
"Just a Slum Block"
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 11:59:28 pm »

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 12:00:57 am »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 12:13:39 am »

Surveillance Pizza.

For the weapons, go with what is needed, i never played thus am unaware of what is important.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 01:02:57 am »

Actually, the hybrids in the recruitment pool are very bad. I think the best rookie hybrid would only be able to mind control 5% of the time or so, and then only for a short time (I'll be playing real-time). Endgame though, hybrids will dominate the battlefield, being equal with humans physically and being able to use psionics. Anyway, I'll put you in, but don't complain about poor psi skill.
Hmmm... Excuse is he's still groggy from waking up from cryosleep.
'Not a Secret Base'
This.
Fourth'd.

Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 01:16:40 am »

Name: Tim Newton
Race: Human
Weapon: The biggest cannon-iest thing to hand
Bio: A man of SCIENCE! Tim enjoys hands-on demonstrations of various scientific concepts. Explosions are one of his favorites, what with air pressure and currents and temperature and such and he would really just love to blow it all up and watch the SCIENCE! happen.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21