Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38108 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Day 2: Fallen Hero
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2011, 09:32:52 pm »

lolwat
I realize you're not even trying, but... at least stop posting if you're going to not do anything.

I think Dariush is Town, and I enjoy the lack of explanation used. I mean, hey, I listed everything possible, JUST IN CASE it might have brought out something or made me change my mind.

Are you an idiot?

I'm getting pretty close to making a decision and I'm thinking it's going to be Dariush.
Jim: Before you decide on Dariush, I would like you to please restate your case on him and then provide your two runner ups and why, including why you might be choosing Dariush above them.

He was a giant sack of uselessness and passiveness on Day 1, and on Day 2 he's not doing much better. Then he's trying to blend in with everybody else for being wrong about Zrk2, and trying to convince people that he always suspected Zrk2 even though he spent a good majority of his scumhunting on Day 1 trying to build a case on Ottofar, and there's only really post which can be loosely interpreted as him suspecting Zrk2. Then he said he didn't want to be accused of bandwagoning, so he didn't say he suspected Zrk2.

Passive, inconsistent or unclear suspicions, and actively avoiding suspicion.

It should be no surprise at all that this is my decision.
I still disagree with the lynch. 4 Hours is actually NOT enough, and pretending like it is is inane.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2011, 09:40:10 pm »

"So it's lynch or lose, and I think Jim's lynching town, but King me when we... don't have a day tomorrow?"
-Webadict

Since you're too scum too admit what I pointed out you said.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:13 pm »

I still disagree with the lynch. 4 Hours is actually NOT enough, and pretending like it is is inane.

I'm getting pretty close to making a decision and I'm thinking it's going to be Dariush. I'll wait for the magical mystical disappearing Mindmaker to make an appearance first and explain why he felt he was above giving me immediate suspicions.

Actually, since it's the weekend, I'll refrain from making a decision until Monday.

I have done exactly what I said I was going to do.

If you wanted more time, maybe you should've said something during the weekend, or perhaps when I announced I was going to make a decision very soon.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »

"So it's lynch or lose, and I think Jim's lynching town, but King me when we... don't have a day tomorrow?"
-Webadict

Since you're too scum too admit what I pointed out you said.
I laugh at your failure.

It's not lylo. You clearly have no idea how Kingmaker works nor the simple concept of counting.

You're an idiot.

I'm getting pretty close to making a decision and I'm thinking it's going to be Dariush. I'll wait for the magical mystical disappearing Mindmaker to make an appearance first and explain why he felt he was above giving me immediate suspicions.

Actually, since it's the weekend, I'll refrain from making a decision until Monday.

I have done exactly what I said I was going to do.

If you wanted more time, maybe you should've said something during the weekend, or perhaps when I announced I was going to make a decision very soon.
You mean the time when you said that "Four hours is enough"? Oh, you're right. I should've been on here every four hour increments, anyhow. My bad. I also should've been here more often on the WEEKEND. And today's definitely not some sort of holiday, is it?

I fear your ineptitude is incredible.

One paragraph seems to be enough evidence for you? Yeah, okay. That's laughable, considering the situation. If you're going to lynch someone, perhaps you should ask them to talk when it's NOT the weekend. Or maybe give more reasoning. Like, enough to garner some information out of their death. Making sure that even if you're wrong, you don't deserve to be lynched.

So, Ottofar, King me and I will lynch Pandarsenic faster than anything else. It's not even a debate. He deserves nothing.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2011, 11:09:04 pm »

So, Ottofar, King me and I will lynch Pandarsenic faster than anything else. It's not even a debate. He deserves nothing.

You've been king already, wuba. He can't king you.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2011, 11:14:30 pm »

You mean the time when you said that blah blah blah? Blah, blah blah. Blah bl'ah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah.

Keep thrashing and raging about it if it makes you feel better.

You've had enough time to make whatever point you're trying to make. It's not my problem if poor WUBA can't make a decision or a convincing case in less than a week.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2011, 11:28:24 pm »

After a period of debate, King Jim stands and bangs his fist on the table.  “I have decided!” he says.  “Dariush will die!  It has to be him!”

As before, the guards rush in to grab Dariush.  He panics and backs up to the wall, but it is no use.  He is hauled out to the town square where the noose is placed around his neck.  He continues to protest his innocence, but it is of no use- the lever is thrown, and he is silenced forever.

A search is conducted, but it is clear he is nothing more than a simple Townsperson.  You look at each other in fear- will you ever escape this nightmare?

Night 2 has begun!  Night 2 will last until 11 PM EST on Tuesday 1/18.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Night 1: Swing and a miss
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:14 pm »

You few left gather once more in the chamber, and it is quickly apparent that Pandarsenic  is not here.  The group heads to his room.  He had some luck, it seems- the first arrow that came into his room is lying in the floor broken.  Unfortunately for this townsperson, the second arrow is buried in his chest.  He won’t be influencing the kingdom any more.

You return to the council chamber to proceed with today’s discussion, and the expected proclamation is posted on the wall:

Mindmaker is now King of the realm!  May his wisdom guide you!

Day 3 begins now!  Day will end when an execution order is handed down by the King.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Day 3: Mind the King
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2011, 11:34:21 pm »

Huh. And here I thought Pandarsenic was just that bad.

Assuming Mindmaker isn't scum, which is all I really have to hope for, Jim Groovester and NativeForeigner are the scum. Unfortunately, I'm gonna go with the more likely Town has lost variant.

Which makes me question the rules as being clearly flawed in several areas, but will wait to see if a quicklynch happens. And it should, assuming scum, since NO ONE CAN BE A HERO.

So, Mindmaker, if you're scum, don't make me wait. Either QL or be for real.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2011, 11:44:14 pm »

Toaster: Can I point out that even if Mindmaker is Town, the Town would lose according to your rules? Just saying, don't be stupid about rules next time. Not being allowed to King someone twice? Really?!? That's just disappointingly bad, and there's actually nothing that's stopped due to it.

That, and there's no way to get to a point where there's normal voting restrictions, since you restricted extra roles to EXACTLY ONE. If you do no math at all, you'll realize that 1 (scum) + 1 (kingmaker) + 1 (extra role) = 3, which is equivalent to the lowest amount of players you can have in a game at one time.

I'll also make a small note about Heroes: Heros shouldn't be allowed to live. That makes a guaranteed Townie that is un-Kingable. Doesn't make sense.

Umm... am I missing - oh right the Doctor. Yeah, don't make the Doctor quit his day job. That just deprives the Town of an additional resource for no good reason whatsoever (which is kind of a returning theme in this game, isn't it?)

Other than that... Yeah, probably nothing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2011, 11:49:37 pm »

Not being allowed to King someone twice? Really?!? That's just disappointingly bad, and there's actually nothing that's stopped due to it.

I agree about that- it will change if I host this again.  I wish someone had pointed it out before game start.

Umm... am I missing - oh right the Doctor. Yeah, don't make the Doctor quit his day job. That just deprives the Town of an additional resource for no good reason whatsoever (which is kind of a returning theme in this game, isn't it?)

He doesn't quit his day job- he gets both roles, and can both king and protect.  I put in that rule to increase variety and decrease the likelyhood of a "no valid Kingmaker" scenario.

If people want to play this again, I'll have a rule discussion first.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2011, 12:04:25 am »

Not being allowed to King someone twice? Really?!? That's just disappointingly bad, and there's actually nothing that's stopped due to it.

I agree about that- it will change if I host this again.  I wish someone had pointed it out before game start.
Umm... so, the game is over, right? Assuming you're not changing the rules would imply that, as there's no feasible way of winning otherwise.

I would have pointed it out had I noticed it. I assumed a similar set-up to mine. I only noticed it later, when NF pointed it out.

And the Doctor gets double role? Hmm... I kind of dislike that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 19, 2011, 12:14:54 am »

Well, I hate to change the rules midgame, but I can remove the limit if the game goes to night tonight and no one objects.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2011, 12:28:53 am »

Assuming Mindmaker isn't scum, which is all I really have to hope for, Jim Groovester and NativeForeigner are the scum. Unfortunately, I'm gonna go with the more likely Town has lost variant.

By the same conditions and process of elimination, the scum team is you and NativeForeigner.

But yeah, you're right. If Mindmaker's scum then the game is lost. There's nothing to do until he shows up, then.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 19, 2011, 12:55:42 am »

If Mindmaker's scum, we've probably lost. If not, that means the scumteam is Jim and Wuba. Seeing as this has all come down to process of elimination, we're just going to have to wait until Mindmaker shows up to know. :/
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24