Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38183 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2011, 10:36:03 am »

Is anyone else here?

What's that supposed to mean?
Are you unhappy about your co-players?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2011, 11:25:38 am »

Is anyone else here?

What's that supposed to mean?
Are you unhappy about your co-players?
A little. But then I remembered that it's the weekend.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2011, 01:45:18 pm »

Yeah.
Mindmaker, tell us a bit about your Mafia playing style, both scum and townie.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2011, 02:17:09 pm »

Yeah.
Mindmaker, tell us a bit about your Mafia playing style, both scum and townie.

That far I've only been in two games, both as town.
Haven't been that effective at making inquiries on my own, but been quite good at pointing out and persiuing logical fallacies of other players.
So I guess you could say, that I'm basically not a day 1 person, but my playstyle improves, as the game advances.

Evaluating your own qualities, is quite tricky.
Not sure what I can tell you, besides that being attentive and responsive are both good traits to have on either side.
When town, being a "pain in the ass" for th other players can net you some additional information or cause scum to slip.
I'd try to play similar when scum, however I might be a bit more contained, since it's harder to fake innocence.

Probably not the satisfying answer you had expected.
You may add further questions to my answer, should it not be enough.

How different would you playstyle be, if this was a normal game of mafia, or if you weren't in your position, webadict?
Would there be any difference (as you seem to be a very confident person)?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2011, 02:57:54 pm »

Ok, now, if you were a raging scum and someone was hounding you relentlessly, what would you do?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2011, 04:14:56 pm »

Jim:
Awesome. A round of questions directed at nobody in particular. This is going to be completely useless.
Not at nobody - at everybody. I think gathering answers to same questions from everyone will give more results than just asking one question per person.

The questions are so general as to be completely worthless. You're not going to get anything out of anybody until you hound them for what they've done instead of answers to hypothetical questions.

2) If nobody died I'd be inclined to believe the person who claimed protected him. If somebody does die it doesn't mean anything, except that the Doctor is giant idiot.
And what if the claimee is scum? Even if he is not, scum may choose not to kill him at night, since WIFOM is on their side. So, another question - What will you think if someone who claims doctor doesn't die at night?

If the Kingmaker is fakeclaiming then the real Kingmaker should claim. Tada! Easy scum lynch. And if the scum don't kill the Kingmaker it doesn't mean anything. The only reason to even think about a claimed Kingmaker being scum is if somebody counterclaims.

I'd be more suspicious of that. Doctors are completely helpless, so if they don't die I would be surprised.

4) I'd bicker and whine and try to get his partner lynched. And the Kingmaker is always town. If nobody counterclaims Ottofar it means that either he is the Kingmaker. If Ottofar is fakeclaiming the real Kingmaker should claim immediately, because Ottofar would be scum. That's probably not going to happen though, because it would mean Ottofar and his partner are giant frothing idiots and basically outed one of them on Day 1.
And what if Ottofar is the Kingmaker and someone else claims that he is not?

What if this, what if that. These things haven't happened yet and are completely useless to talk about until they do.

It's easy. We lynch one of the two Kingmaker claims, whichever one looks scummiest. If he flips town, we lynch the other.

Why? Are you going to claim Kingmaker? Do you know Ottofar is scum because you're the real Kingmaker? Because if you are you should. Right now.

8) Declare the king scum.
Even if he convincingly explains his action the following day?

If he can convincingly explain his actions on the following day he could have convincingly explained his actions on the previous. There's no reason to quicklynch, so he'd still be scum.

I see you trying to make a case against Ottofar. If nobody counterclaims Ottofar he is the Kingmaker and as good as confirmed town. So I don't know why you're trying, unless you're desperate.
I am not trying to make a case against him; I directly stated that I don't have sufficient material to accuse anyone with certainty. I just said that his claim is the only foothold in the investigation.

You're asking a bunch of questions about Ottofar and whether he's a scum fakeclaiming Kingmaker. I think it's pretty clear that you're trying to make a case against him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2011, 07:20:22 pm »

Jim Groovester Since you are so upset about these 'pointless' questions, come up with some you think would be useful instead of whining.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2011, 07:44:54 pm »

Okay.

Where the hell do you get the idea that you can lecture me on what I should be doing, noobnuts?

I'll do what I feel like, thanks. If that's pointing out the uselessness of Dariush's questions, or how he's avoiding saying that he's making a case on Ottofar, or wondering if he's the Kingmaker, then that's what I'll do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2011, 08:03:39 pm »

I am so fantastically suspicious of Zrk2 now words fail to express it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2011, 09:44:18 pm »

Okay.

Where the hell do you get the idea that you can lecture me on what I should be doing, noobnuts?

I'll do what I feel like, thanks. If that's pointing out the uselessness of Dariush's questions, or how he's avoiding saying that he's making a case on Ottofar, or wondering if he's the Kingmaker, then that's what I'll do.

Ok, asshole. I'll stop trying to be a useful townie. Brilliant idea.

Why? Because I'm pissed off because all Jim does is whine? That's BS.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2011, 09:49:19 pm »

Okay.

Why? Because I'm pissed off because all Jim does is whine? That's BS.

Both parts of this make absolutely no sense. Maybe you should chill out and realize it's a game.

Nowhere does he tell you to stop being a useful townie.

He doesn't only whine, he's been making a case against Dariush and probably has the most posts of anyone this game.

WUBA: have you come any closer to making a decision? Because as time goes on, it seems more and more like we're not doing much to influence your decision on whom to execute, and I'd like to know if that's true.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2011, 10:02:01 pm »

There's always at least one new player who gets his panties in a bunch about how I play this game.

I guess this game it's you.

He doesn't only whine, he's been making a case against Dariush and probably has the most posts of anyone this game.

It's not even whining. Throwing out a bunch of hypothetical questions to everybody accomplishes exactly nothing and Dariush wouldn't even do it if his ass wasn't on the line.

It's perfectly valid to state this, so I don't know what the hell Zrk2's problem with this or with me is.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2011, 10:11:07 pm »

I'm fine, Joker. I just want to make sure I lynch correctly. I'm slowly narrowing down who is best lynched.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2011, 11:15:00 pm »

I'm just going to state for reference - Zrk2 is, without ambiguity, my top pick for scum at this point in time.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2011, 01:02:11 am »

Ok, now, if you were a raging scum and someone was hounding you relentlessly, what would you do?

How is he hounding me? Be more specific.
Does he have good arguments? Or is it just some sort of rant, based on a gut feeling?

Also Dariush and Zrk2, seem to get upset really fast, for the most ridiculous reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24