Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38148 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2011, 04:11:13 pm »

I personally find that a null tell.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2011, 04:29:53 pm »

He is saying 'Fine lynch me, but you'll regret it!' When I tried that it was seen as a scumtell, so if you think it is sufficient lynch him. If not, wait for more questions.

Dariush you seem to be giving up. A townie would yell and scream about being innocent, but you seem to be taking it. Provide a detailed reason why you should not be lynched. Do not be afraid to go on ad nauseum.
Please answer the question in a way that ISN'T passive.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »

I don't think we should rush into a lynch, D1 will go on as long as it needs to. I think he should be interrogated more before continuing.

As for questions to ask him, I haven't got any right now. I'll try to think of some later.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2011, 05:02:57 pm »

Giving up is never a scumtell.
At least, it never was the last 3 times I saw it used and neither the one time I considered using it myself.
If it is, then explain me, how?

As for Dariush, can't say if he's scum, be he sure is drawing a lot of attention.

Dariush, how come you believe, that you could get lynched for such mundane reasons?
If he tried, he would have to face the consequences.
You think we're that gullible?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2011, 05:19:10 pm »

I don't think we should rush into a lynch, D1 will go on as long as it needs to. I think he should be interrogated more before continuing.

As for questions to ask him, I haven't got any right now. I'll try to think of some later.
At least, it never was the last 3 times I saw it used and neither the one time I considered using it myself.

As for Dariush, can't say if he's scum, be he sure is drawing a lot of attention.

Dariush, how come you believe, that you could get lynched for such mundane reasons?
I see you both failed the passive test. Thank you.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »

Dariush: You have no reason to be giving up so soon, you have plenty of time to try to redeem yourself regardless of your apparent inability to answer certain questions. You could try scumhunting, for example, and find someone scummier than yourself. However I don't think I've seen you actually scumhunt yet. Why is this? Is it because you're scum and find it difficult because you know you'd be hunting town?

Who are your top scumpicks and why? In addition, why are you giving up rather than hunting for them? If you were truly interested in living (and town), you should be more compelled to look for scum.

Is that a good thing? Is it like failing an STI test?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:45 pm »

As I didn't directly adress your question, I hardly could have failed.
The game isn't evolving exclusively around you.
Tone down the superiority complex.

To adress your question:
No, whe shouldn't lynch him (yet). I want him to answer my questions and simply listen to what he has to say.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2011, 07:10:31 pm »

Do I think you should lynch him in general? Perhaps.

At the moment? No. Too early. It would end the day prematurely. However, Blackmailing The Town (IF YOU LYNCH ME YOU'LL BE SORRY 'CAUSE I'M TOWN) doesn't sit well in my book.

Mindmaker, why does the day not revolve around the only person who has the power of lynchery?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:41 pm »

Meanwhile, I'll simply ask EVERYONE ELSE this question: Should I lynch Dariush? Why or why not? If not, who would you rather I lynch?

This is pretty par for the course for Dariush. He says lots of stupid stuff all the time and gets extremely paranoid extremely easily. This is something he does as both town and scum however.

You laid out a fair deal for Dariush: go find someone scummier or hang. If he doesn't do it (or at least start asking a bunch of questions to get there) by his next post, axe him.

However, I personally suspect Zrk2 more, and would prefer it if you axed him instead. I shouldn't need to restate my suspicions against him but I'll reiterate if need be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2011, 08:02:13 pm »

I won't ask you to restate it all, but I'd like to know what you consider to be the single scummiest thing about him so far.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »

He finds my hypothesizing weird. I find his only questioning me weird. It isn't achieving anything.

We should pick one person and then question them, then move on to the next, then the next until we have covered everyone. This would provide a more detailed view of each person for this game. I would be willing to take the first round of questions.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2011, 03:38:38 am »

I won't ask you to restate it all, but I'd like to know what you consider to be the single scummiest thing about him so far.

His opening few posts.

He speculates about hypothetical scenarios unbidden. I wouldn't have a problem with it if webadict had asked him to speculate on it, but that didn't happen. Then he said he brought it up for the experienced players to mull it over.

Making empty contributions and then trying to justify them is not a great way to start the game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2011, 04:46:41 am »

He finds my hypothesizing weird. I find his only questioning me weird. It isn't achieving anything.

We should pick one person and then question them, then move on to the next, then the next until we have covered everyone. This would provide a more detailed view of each person for this game. I would be willing to take the first round of questions.

Oh my fuck this post reeks scum in every way. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT screams "Don't look at me! I'm hideous!"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2011, 05:33:43 am »

So, you're really showing us how it's done here with the first sentence. I mean, with that sentence alone, I felt like you were a powerhouse to be dealt with. And the way you support that premise is simply astounding. I almost sucked a lemon right there.

I mean, you showed up and answered my question, leaving to go show us how it's done. And by this, I mean you showed up and answered my question like crap, then booked it on out of here in order to lurk until I told you to re-answer it.
Sure, you asked everyone how they would play as town and you asked me and Jokerman-EXE how would we play as scum. Either all your questioning targets were random, or you suspected me from the start and nothing I could say would change your decision. If I posted a detailed answer, you would execute me because that is a scum plan. I answered otherwise, and you tried to nail me for answering by stating boring facts. I have no doubt that you will execute me since I can't adequately defend myself, this being day one, but you'll be wrong.
I don't see how I could have: 1) gotten away with executing you for telling the truth, or 2) known you were going to lie when I said what would you do as scum. Are you really going to try that on me?
So, my life or death depends on how the scum will act?
But, I enjoy the attempt to dissuade me through emotional appeal. You know, instead of logic. That earns you double points.
Where did you see emotional appeal in my response? I just saw that however I answered your question you would deem me as scum, so I didn't try to struggle, since that would be pointless anyway.
I was gonna answer this sooner, but I've been busy.

But, you've really proven your point by doing absolutely nothing. I certainly am looking for a reason to execute you now. You answer was crap and you know it. Your defense for that is I'm looking for a reason to type out an execution order on you? Nice.
I have been busy, and I don't have any clear suspicions, so I wanted to evaluate situation a bit before making my questions. If you think that is lurking, do as you wish.
Now seriously, how do you think I can answer the question about what I will do without any specific circumstances?
No clear suspects, but plenty of time to respond. Not nearly enough time for you? I do think that's lurking. You don't deny it. Not implicitly, anyhow. So, maybe you can stop pretending and start participating.
Did you even read my answer? I can't start hunting until I know whom I want to question and what about. You keeping all attention focused on me, which doesn't help it.
So, now, why shouldn't I lynch you? What do you have to contribute to our game? Do you plan to lurk a whole ton instead? Do you feel my questions aren't helping me determine who's scum?
Because basing a lynch solely on my inability to answer questions with no adequate answer and on my absence is senseless? I'll ask questions as I have them. Right now there's nothing to base suspicions off. No, I don't plan to lurk. No, I don't feel so, but I think you should be more consistent at asking them.
So... you can ask questions as you have them, but I can only ask questions that make sense? You have no suspicions at all? I'd say killing you would make a whole lot of sense.
This is day one, and all that has been said is how people would react to some specific situation. I can't imagine how that helps.
How about I won't kill you if you can find someone scummier. Sound like a deal?
...and then you'll kill me anyway because my proof is insufficient.
He is saying 'Fine lynch me, but you'll regret it!' When I tried that it was seen as a scumtell, so if you think it is sufficient lynch him. If not, wait for more questions.
When I don't have any visible way of defending myself? I just accepted the futility of resistance.
Provide a detailed reason why you should not be lynched. Do not be afraid to go on ad nauseum.
Because I'm a townie and executing me because I wasn't actively hunting (ignoring the WIFOM of it) for the whole half of first day instead of seeking other targets is not a particularly good idea?
Because I've been told that I'm 90% on the way to execution?

Well, if the things are going this way, I'll start asking despite how weak my questions may seem:
Ottofar, why did you claim Kingmaker so easily without first checking for the presence of doctors and thus possibility of you surviving the night?
Since his claim has been the only landmark to orient from,
Everyone:
What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night? Would that change your view of his scumminess?
Same question if someone else claims to have protected him.
What can you make out of Ottofar's laconism and straightforwardness about his Kingmakerness? Did his immediate giving up raised or lowered your suspicion of him?
Now, general ones:
What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker?
How would you determine if current king is scum?
What will you do if the current king suits your suspicions?
Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day?
What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions?
If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which?

As for me, I think Ottofar's immediate claim is more a scummy move than not so that it can be used later if he is accused.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2011, 06:20:28 am »

Everyone:
1) What would be your reaction if Ottofar isn't killed during the night? Would that change your view of his scumminess?
2) Same question if someone else claims to have protected him.
3) What can you make out of Ottofar's laconism and straightforwardness about his Kingmakerness? Did his immediate giving up raised or lowered your suspicion of him?
Now, general ones:
4) What will happen if someone you previously thought as scum becomes king? Your reaction to (supposed) Kingmaker?
5) How would you determine if current king is scum?
6) What will you do if the current king suits your suspicions?
7) Same question if you are elected king next day. Will you execute him without asking any further questions, thus risking the execution the following day?
8) What will be your reaction if the king executes someone without any questions?
9) If you become Kingmaker, will you choose someone you chose from the start or will you act upon current circumstances? If latter, on which?

As for me, I think Ottofar's immediate claim is more a scummy move than not so that it can be used later if he is accused.

Awesome. A round of questions directed at nobody in particular. This is going to be completely useless.

1) I would simply assume that the scum opted not to kill him, for whatever reason. There's usually very little information to be gleaned from speculating about the night kill anyway.
2) If nobody died I'd be inclined to believe the person who claimed protected him. If somebody does die it doesn't mean anything, except that the Doctor is giant idiot.
3) He claimed in a straightforward manner, which is the best way to claim. And no, him claiming did not raise or lower my suspicion of him.
4) I'd bicker and whine and try to get his partner lynched. And the Kingmaker is always town. If nobody counterclaims Ottofar it means that either he is the Kingmaker. If Ottofar is fakeclaiming the real Kingmaker should claim immediately, because Ottofar would be scum. That's probably not going to happen though, because it would mean Ottofar and his partner are giant frothing idiots and basically outed one of them on Day 1.
5) See how he plays and who he chooses to lynch. It's not like there's any special method of determining whether the king is scum over any other player.
6) Make a case against him and try to get him to lynch his partner.
7) No, absolutely not. That's just dumb.
8) Declare the king scum.
9) Circumstances. Whoever I thought was town, and generally agreed with my suspicions.

I see you trying to make a case against Ottofar. If nobody counterclaims Ottofar he is the Kingmaker and as good as confirmed town. So I don't know why you're trying, unless you're desperate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24