Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38217 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:15 am »

I determine who would've kinged me and why before requesting (or even allowing) the claim, then lynch someone I think is scum based on past days' events.

I am also offended by your assumption that everyone will think I'm scum at some point. Jerk.

Wubadict, whom do you feel is most scummy presently?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2011, 12:56:20 am »

Webadict: Still the same question, but town is unanimously against one person, but you know they're town (or at least you're pretty damn sure). How do you handle the situation?
I know they're town, or I believe wholeheartedly they're town?

Because the first means I obviously would never lynch the person. The second means that I probably wouldn't lynch the person. Overall, I'm the King. I control the lynch. So... I wouldn't lynch the guy.

I determine who would've kinged me and why before requesting (or even allowing) the claim, then lynch someone I think is scum based on past days' events.

I am also offended by your assumption that everyone will think I'm scum at some point. Jerk.

Wubadict, whom do you feel is most scummy presently?
I feel Zrk2 is the most scummy, but there's some quiet people that I feel are lurking. They might need to be picked at a little before I lynch.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2011, 12:59:16 am »

Jokerman: If you were king how would you go about making your decision? Say the blame is spread across two or three people evenly, but you believe none of them scum. Would you go against the town's wishes and go for your pick? Or play it safe and lynch a possible towny?

I always stick to my guns. If I didn't think people were scum, I wouldn't kill them, period. The town can have their opinions, but ultimately, I'm the King, and I'm going to make a decision based on what I think. If the town can argue their case well enough, they can persuade me, but if I truly don't think someone is scum...no, I wouldn't execute them just to please the rest of you.

Of course, there are some problems with the way your question is phrased. First, going against the town's wishes is not always a bad thing; if I'm right in my decision and kill scum even when the town isn't looking at them, then I'm ultimately doing what Town needs. And secondly, you always run the risk of lynching Town. It's how determined you are that matters.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2011, 01:32:47 am »

Jim: Who do you think would be the most unfortunate scumteam for town? Who do you think is actually scum? How would you handle being a scumking with only minor suspicion upon you?

Most unfortunate scum team is one the town has no chance in hell of figuring out. I think webadict and Jokerman-EXE would run rings around everybody in this game. webadict goes out and does all the work and gets people mislynched, because he's a powerful force no matter what his alignment, and then Jokerman-EXE sits back and chastises people when people suspect WUBA for being WUBA, because he has enough experience that people will listen.

I don't know who's scum yet. I've only got one candidate for the position and I need two. Like I mentioned earlier, Zrk2's done some odd things (and odd things are suspicious), and that's the best I've got so far. It bugs me somewhat that we haven't heard from certain people in a while, like Ottofar or Dariush, and I'm worried that some people are only participating when prodded, like Mindmaker.

PPE: And this sounds just like what webadict said. Oh well.

As scumking with minimal suspicion, I would do normal scumhunting, or at least its pretense, and lynch somebody based on a cooperative mesh of who I say I suspected at the time and the town's pick. If this happens to be my partner I wouldn't necessarily rule him out for the axe, but my preference would be for a mislynch.

Don't be too hesitant to jump on somebody. If you suspect someone apply some pressure and see what happens. Yes, that's hard without a vote, but questions can do the same thing.
This, however, is a great improvement over BM for you, I'm glad. Who is your second scumpick (if you have one)?
Please reference the most recent BM before you decide whether or not Zrk2 is scum. I think this is only his second game. However, also don't disregard him as a possible scum member.

I'm curious to know why you're going out of your way to help Zrk2 out by giving him advice and offering his inexperience as an explanation against webadict.

What's in it for you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2011, 01:48:45 am »

Webadict: Still the same question, but town is unanimously against one person, but you know they're town (or at least you're pretty damn sure). How do you handle the situation?

Because the first means I obviously would never lynch the person. The second means that I probably wouldn't lynch the person. Overall, I'm the King. I control the lynch. So... I wouldn't lynch the guy.

You believe wholeheartedly. But you still answered, so yeah. Okay, then who would you lynch? Assuming the scum has done fairly well and mostly avoided your radar.

Jokerman: If you were king how would you go about making your decision? Say the blame is spread across two or three people evenly, but you believe none of them scum. Would you go against the town's wishes and go for your pick? Or play it safe and lynch a possible towny?

I always stick to my guns. If I didn't think people were scum, I wouldn't kill them, period. The town can have their opinions, but ultimately, I'm the King, and I'm going to make a decision based on what I think. If the town can argue their case well enough, they can persuade me, but if I truly don't think someone is scum...no, I wouldn't execute them just to please the rest of you.

Of course, there are some problems with the way your question is phrased. First, going against the town's wishes is not always a bad thing; if I'm right in my decision and kill scum even when the town isn't looking at them, then I'm ultimately doing what Town needs. And secondly, you always run the risk of lynching Town. It's how determined you are that matters.

I never said it would be a bad thing to go against the town's wishes, simply that you would be. But that's beside the point. Say you don't do as the town suggests and you lynch someone you believe to be scum, present a decent case, but he flips town. Someone, probably scum, turns it into a big deal because you went against the majority and lynched a towny, even though they were scummy and possibly gets you lynched. Do you feel that the risk would be better left alone if you weren't sure of your target, or would you rather get rid of the scummiest town thinking they were scum?

Jim: Who do you think would be the most unfortunate scumteam for town? Who do you think is actually scum? How would you handle being a scumking with only minor suspicion upon you?

Most unfortunate scum team is one the town has no chance in hell of figuring out. I think webadict and Jokerman-EXE would run rings around everybody in this game. webadict goes out and does all the work and gets people mislynched, because he's a powerful force no matter what his alignment, and then Jokerman-EXE sits back and chastises people when people suspect WUBA for being WUBA, because he has enough experience that people will listen.

I don't know who's scum yet. I've only got one candidate for the position and I need two. Like I mentioned earlier, Zrk2's done some odd things (and odd things are suspicious), and that's the best I've got so far. It bugs me somewhat that we haven't heard from certain people in a while, like Ottofar or Dariush, and I'm worried that some people are only participating when prodded, like Mindmaker.

PPE: And this sounds just like what webadict said. Oh well.

As scumking with minimal suspicion, I would do normal scumhunting, or at least its pretense, and lynch somebody based on a cooperative mesh of who I say I suspected at the time and the town's pick. If this happens to be my partner I wouldn't necessarily rule him out for the axe, but my preference would be for a mislynch.

Don't be too hesitant to jump on somebody. If you suspect someone apply some pressure and see what happens. Yes, that's hard without a vote, but questions can do the same thing.
This, however, is a great improvement over BM for you, I'm glad. Who is your second scumpick (if you have one)?
Please reference the most recent BM before you decide whether or not Zrk2 is scum. I think this is only his second game. However, also don't disregard him as a possible scum member.

I'm curious to know why you're going out of your way to help Zrk2 out by giving him advice and offering his inexperience as an explanation against webadict.

What's in it for you?

I see, completely reasonable. New situation, you're heavily suspected of being scum, but your partner isn't. You've somehow managed to become king and the only way town will leave you alone for even a day is if you hit scum. Obviously you can't just straight out execute your partner, town would catch on immediately because no one really suspects him. How do you handle this situation?

I'm helping Zrk2 a tad because I don't want this to end up like the last BM (no offense, Zrk2, but that was pretty bad). I'm not ruling him out as either town or scum yet, but I don't want him to screw town over again if he is town. I was merely warning Webadict to not immediately label him as scum, as that's how town lost in the last BM. However, interrogation is heavily welcome towards him. That way it can be determined whether or not he is really scum.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2011, 01:51:29 am »

You believe wholeheartedly. But you still answered, so yeah. Okay, then who would you lynch? Assuming the scum has done fairly well and mostly avoided your radar.

Whoops, that should read "Okay, then how would you decide who to lynch? Assuming the scum has done fairly well and mostly avoided your radar, but there are a few people scummier to you than the town's choice.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2011, 02:11:59 am »

I see, completely reasonable. New situation, you're heavily suspected of being scum, but your partner isn't. You've somehow managed to become king and the only way town will leave you alone for even a day is if you hit scum. Obviously you can't just straight out execute your partner, town would catch on immediately because no one really suspects him. How do you handle this situation?

First and foremost wonder who this shitty Kingmaker is that he keeps crowning scum Kings.

What kind of situation are we talking about here? If it's completely unsalvageable I figure it's better to take advantage of the Kingmaker's idiocy and take out a townie. An especially outspoken and powerful one, because if you're going to be lynched tomorrow no matter what you do you might as well do as much damage as possible.

If the situation is salvageable by lynching my partner (assuming that a case is slowly built up towards it in a reasonable enough looking way), I still don't think it would be worth it, because I don't think it would be enough. If I'm suspected and I lynch scum, even if the case looks reasonable enough, there are still going to be people who think that I did it for the WIFOM. Better to look for a reasonable mislynch instead.

In both cases, I don't think it's worth compromising my partner's extremely favorable position just to improve my own. Because I would have just killed the scum team's most valuable asset.

Are all these questions you're asking helping you figure out who's scum? You have any scum picks yet?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2011, 02:19:11 am »

First and foremost wonder who this shitty Kingmaker is that he keeps crowning scum Kings.

What kind of situation are we talking about here? If it's completely unsalvageable I figure it's better to take advantage of the Kingmaker's idiocy and take out a townie. An especially outspoken and powerful one, because if you're going to be lynched tomorrow no matter what you do you might as well do as much damage as possible.

If the situation is salvageable by lynching my partner (assuming that a case is slowly built up towards it in a reasonable enough looking way), I still don't think it would be worth it, because I don't think it would be enough. If I'm suspected and I lynch scum, even if the case looks reasonable enough, there are still going to be people who think that I did it for the WIFOM. Better to look for a reasonable mislynch instead.

In both cases, I don't think it's worth compromising my partner's extremely favorable position just to improve my own. Because I would have just killed the scum team's most valuable asset.

Are all these questions you're asking helping you figure out who's scum? You have any scum picks yet?

Right now these questions are for me to get an idea of where everybody's head is at and, if their response is a little off, push them on it. But it's mostly to get everyone to indirectly state where their head is at and how they'll supposedly deal with certain scenarios. Should they at some point deter from what they said, we'll have documented proof to present against them.

I don't actually have any scum picks yet. It's especially difficult to tell when only a few people are posting.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2011, 02:24:52 am »

I never said it would be a bad thing to go against the town's wishes, simply that you would be. But that's beside the point. Say you don't do as the town suggests and you lynch someone you believe to be scum, present a decent case, but he flips town. Someone, probably scum, turns it into a big deal because you went against the majority and lynched a towny, even though they were scummy and possibly gets you lynched. Do you feel that the risk would be better left alone if you weren't sure of your target, or would you rather get rid of the scummiest town thinking they were scum?

Like I said, it's always a risk you take when you make a decision like who to kill. If you do it well, you'll have people screaming it was a buss; if you mislynch, you'll have people casting you as obvscum. Either way, it's going to come down to how sure you were, what made you say that, and your ability to be decisive. In this game, the only way to prove your claims is through your own death, so you - I think the risk is worth it, and I would do what I could to help Town, even if it wasn't the popular choice.
BLARG IM DED

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2011, 02:27:19 am »

Like I said, it's always a risk you take when you make a decision like who to kill. If you do it well, you'll have people screaming it was a buss; if you mislynch, you'll have people casting you as obvscum. Either way, it's going to come down to how sure you were, what made you say that, and your ability to be decisive. In this game, the only way to prove your claims is through your own death, so you - I think the risk is worth it, and I would do what I could to help Town, even if it wasn't the popular choice.

yes*
BLARG IM DED

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:36 am »

What about if you have a suspect the rest of the town doesn't agree with? What should you do?

Elaborate why my suspect looks scummier to me than theirs.
If they cannot be convinced and their cases against other suspects would be lacking, I would go after my target.

Are we talking about light or heavy suspicion?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2011, 02:31:45 am »

It bugs me somewhat that we haven't heard from certain people in a while, like Ottofar or Dariush, and I'm worried that some people are only participating when prodded, like Mindmaker.

I've already explained myself.
You can expect me being more active starting today (after I get some proper sleep).
Not to sound disrespectful, but it's not like we're running out of time, is it?

It's been a busy week and I'm asking for a bit of understanding.
That's not the usual state of affairs, if you're worrying about that.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2011, 02:34:33 am »

Mindmaker:
-Thinks we should be able to remember everything
-Seems like a standard opening
-Avoiding questions

1) Not remember, but consider.
2) Standard, like in generic, or more like nothing unusual?
3) I might have appeared to be a little grumpy, but I have answered all the questions, I believe.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2011, 02:36:05 am »

Should they at some point deter from what they said, we'll have documented proof to present against them.

Oh, that's devious. I'll keep in mind that you're clever.

But what people think they would do in a situation is sometimes not what they actually do. How worth it is to have these responses on hand if one of these situations ever comes up? If I acted differently, I know I would say "Fuck what I said earlier," especially if I believe the way I acted was the right choice.

What about if you have a suspect the rest of the town doesn't agree with? What should you do?

Elaborate why my suspect looks scummier to me than theirs.
If they cannot be convinced and their cases against other suspects would be lacking, I would go after my target.

Are we talking about light or heavy suspicion?

How about you elaborate for both?

You can expect me being more active starting today (after I get some proper sleep).

What does your activity entail? Are you going to go out and ask questions of people and find who's scum?

Because I take issue that you're only answering questions that are posed to you at this point.

And yes, I am forgiving when it comes to infrequent participation. Up to a certain point. You haven't reached it yet. So, no worries for now.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2011, 02:45:27 am »

Should they at some point deter from what they said, we'll have documented proof to present against them.

Oh, that's devious. I'll keep in mind that you're clever.

But what people think they would do in a situation is sometimes not what they actually do. How worth it is to have these responses on hand if one of these situations ever comes up? If I acted differently, I know I would say "Fuck what I said earlier," especially if I believe the way I acted was the right choice.

It at least keeps them from outright denying it and it allows for a basis to go by. It's not supposed to be an oh-my-golly-you're-scum! tell, merely some useful material to have later in the game when it's relevant that could lead to more questions, pressuring, and a possible scum slip if they have inconsistent or lousy reasons for going against their previous claims.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24