Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38194 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 11:16:51 pm »

I would watch for clues about who your partner is based on your actions.

I think we should get a conversation going by asking many questions and making sure to follow them up.

And do you want my to theorize about a scum claiming to be kingmaker?
Yes. Please do it. I told you I wanted it. Now, get to it. What would happen if scum claimed kingmaker?

I'm not good at asking questions in the early game - assuming I would have to work from scratch, without even your list to steal, I would request each person explain who I should lynch and why, basically going "Have fun with the RVS, which I hate but which I know to be a necessary evil."
You're also not very good at answering them. You didn't really ask any questions for your subjects. I mean, if you were King, it'd be YOUR JOB to lynch scum, right? And you've got nothing you want to ask them whose lives are in your hands? There isn't room for mistakes here. If you mislynch, you might as well have lynched yourself.

So, I will let you think before answering this time, but re-answer the question. Pretend your life depends on a good answer. Or at least your pretend life.

*Rolls eyes*

I would ask whom they think I should lynch and why. Don't pretend it wasn't clear.

I've made it abundantly clear, I don't like the blind flailing shit at the beginning of the game, so I would ASK WHAT I SAID I WOULD ASK to get material to pay attention to started.
Fine fine. But, I like making things very transparent.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2011, 12:11:13 am »

I think we should get a conversation going by asking many questions and making sure to follow them up.

It's cool to talk about it, but when are you actually going to do it?

If you think asking questions is a good way to get a conversation going, what questions are you going to ask and to whom?

This is just a thinly veiled attempt to get you to get scumhunting, by the way.

Mindmaker: How much responsibility does the King have to the rest of the town in his choice of target for execution?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2011, 12:53:57 am »

Jokerman-EXE: Who would you kill if you were scum? Why?

You. To be honest, I only feel threatened by you, Pandar, and Jim. The rest...well, Mindmaker, Zrk2, and Native aren't as experienced, and Ottofar and Dariush don't really have much going for them either. You're my top pick because Pandar can be counted on to lurk, and Jim is slightly below you because he has a habit (it seems to me) of getting distracted sometimes.

J-EXE lurks too damn much,

Not so! Just...y'know, lately. >.>
Even though there's a possibility for a Doctor? What if I mislynched as King? What if I lynched correctly? Would these affect your decision to kill me? If they would, who would you kill?
I don't really understand what the possiblity of a doctor would mean if I was scum and you were...not. I would still try to kill you. If you mislynched, I would leave you alive so that I could attack you for it. If you lynched correctly, I would kill you for the WIFOM, probably. It's pretty easy to think of a reason to kill a player like you, because it's easy to convince the other players to believe me.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2011, 03:04:08 am »

Ottofar: Do you think the Kingmaker should claim? Why or why not?
Jim Groovester: Who do you believe should've been King? And yourself isn't an adequate answer. Please explain, as well.
Jokerman-EXE: Who would you kill if you were scum? Why?
Pandarsenic: What questions would you ask of your loyal subjects?
Mindmaker: What would you want me to know before I make a final decision on who to execute?
Zrk2: Who the heck are you? Do you have experience in Mafia? What are you looking for in scum?
Dariush: How do you believe scum would play this game?

In order:

1): I think it would be a situational kind of thing. For instance, the kingmaker might not want to claim if they're taking heat, it could be seen as a last-ditch effort and scum could jump in saying that they were actually kingmaker. And even if they weren't taking heat, when they claim, a scum member could claim to try to bring suspicion towards the kingmaker's way. So really, it's a tricky situation as scum could use it to their advantage at the risk of exposing themselves.

2): To be honest, I think you're doing a fine job yourself, you seem to be one of the more experienced players, so that (hopefully) means that you'll make an informed decision on which person gets executed and take in information from everybody (which you seem to be doing with these questions) rather than just going by your opinions alone.

3): Probably you. You seem to be the most threatening right now. I've played with Pandar and he's been lurking a little, so that knocks him down a little. I haven't played with Jim before, Zrk2 wasn't exactly fantastic in the last game I played with him, and I'm pretty sure you have more experience than the rest, so you'd be on the top of my list.

4): I'm not sure, but I might start with their top scum picks and why, followed up by individualized questions. I would be keen to target those that I think are scummy and those that the majority of my subjects feel to be scummy.

5): Uh, well I would like you to know whether or not they're scum before you execute them. But in the reality of things, I think you should know everyone's opinions on your choice of execution before you go through with it. That way you know whether or not the majority agree and, depending on the flip, know who was against it for some more insight the next day.

6): I'm NativeForeigner. I have a few Mafia games under my belt. I look for scumtells, shadiness, a hesitation to scumhunt, slipups, and generally untown-like behavior (such as disagreeing with the lynch of someone who's obviously scum.

7): I believe the scum would want to be active and work on "scumhunting". Bringing attention to themselves to avoid suspicion and being an active, seemingly helpful (but deadly) member of the king's nation.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 04:37:22 am »

Dariush: How do you believe scum would play this game?
I think they'll try to kill everyone.

No, really, looking at previous games, they were killing the most experienced players while the scum was the most lurky lurker. So, I think we should start with them.
Oh, you're pretty clever.

See, you didn't adequately answer my question. I want to know how you think a scum would play. Not who I should go after. Not what happened in previous games. Just your plan and simple thoughts.
Really? I don't have a freaking idea how scum would play apart from quoting last game, which you dismissed. If I was scum, I would have gone after the most experienced players and generally played depending on situation.
However, because I especially dislike your answer, you'll have to answer another question: How should a townie play this game? Answer as a King, a Townie, and a Kingmaker.
So, you won't buy the answer 'hunting scum'. Why does it look like you're just looking for a reason to execute me? I can't give a more specific answer unless I have specific circumstances.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 06:22:15 am »

Ottofar: Do you think the Kingmaker should claim?

It'd mean a Confirmed Townie, but on the  following  day, only.
Scum'd have the time to kill him. Unless doctors.

It might actually be a good idea.
Following day only? Explain.

You also skillfully dodged the question. It's actually a yes or no question, oddly enough. Guess which two words you avoided. I'm rather disappointed by that too. You'll now have to explain why you chose your answer and then make a counter-argument for the answer you didn't choose.

It can only be confirmed by the Kingmaker announcing his primary and secondary selection, for the next day.

Then, when either the first choice is the king, or killed, and the secondary is the king. Before that it's impossible to confirm.

But, I'd say yes.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 12:49:27 pm »

Mindmaker: What would you want me to know before I make a final decision on who to execute?

The facts.
And by facts, I mean you should everything that has been said.
Not only the question you've asked yourself, but also the ones others have posed.

That's been the issue in the former games I have played.
Players haven't been paying attention, to the overall picture.
You could get away giving inconsiderate, curt and unsatisfactory answers, because nobody would question you about them.
Now considering, that everyone acted like this, pinning down somebody with a vote and forcing them to give usable answer, wasn't an option.

That shouldn't happened in advanced games.
So, do you plan to reiterate every fact that has appeared with no bias? How would you tell me this before I lynch? While I respect the cute answer, I'm looking for a realistic answer. As such, please try again. And take your time answering. I've got all day.

As well, I'll let you know that I plan to pay much attention. If you feel I'm not, then say so.

In that case:
I would point out anything you might have overlooked. Or any flaws in the process of decision-making and reasoning.
Don't know what I could tell you more. I don't have much tools at my disposal to unearth the truth and convince you of it.

Mindmaker: How much responsibility does the King have to the rest of the town in his choice of target for execution?

That depends on how much his vote represents the will of the other players.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 01:46:15 pm »

Alright. If the scum claimed to be kingmaker they would reveal to the kingmaker that they were scum, but he would have an equal chance of being believed as would the scum. Were anyone to take a chance on picking one of those conflicted kingmakers you would end up with one of these things

-A dead scum from the true kingmaker lynching the scum
-A dead townie after him humming and hawwing to appear as a townie
-His partner dead, leaving him safe so long as the other did not become king, but the other would likely get lynched because no scum would kill his partner (This would require a champ to pull off)
-The real kingmaker dead, showing him to be a scum, and taking all the attention of the partner (Requiring some more champs to pull off)
-A clusterfuck of screaming and confusion ending in the collapse of the game

Is that good?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 03:49:48 pm »

You can elaborate more on the answer than this.

Does he have to make everyone happy? Or should he just do whatever the hell he feels like?

Zrk2: I'll repeat my question here.

It's cool to talk about it, but when are you actually going to do it?

If you think asking questions is a good way to get a conversation going, what questions are you going to ask and to whom?

This is just a thinly veiled attempt to get you to get scumhunting, by the way.

Pandarsenic:

Pandarsenic: One of the things I remember from the last Kingmaker is that you felt powerless to scumhunt without a vote. Do you still feel that way?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 04:13:18 pm »

I have been busy hypothesizing. I will review the thread and then post some questions later tonight.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 04:17:44 pm »

Of course I can.
But it's such a redundant question, with such an obvious and equally redundant answer.

Does he have to make everyone happy? Or should he just do whatever the hell he feels like?

Neither.
I wouldn't lynch somebody, because other people just tell me too, without providing a proper and convincing reason.
This might get you killed, but at least you acted in all consience.

On the other hand, I wouldn't rest my case, just because I came to a self-satisfying conclusion.
A good argument can still change my mind.

In the end, it's not about making anyone happy, but about finding the miscreants.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:10 pm »

And sorry, that I'm not asking any question myself.
It's just that the last few days have been very tiring.

I'll try to think up something tomorrow.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 04:30:18 pm »

Of course I can.
But it's such a redundant question, with such an obvious and equally redundant answer.

That doesn't matter. The point of the question is not for you to point out how obvious it is, it's for you to answer in a detailed way so I can get a good read on you, and ask followup questions that let me get a better read on you.

Unless this is something you don't want. In which case, answer any questions posed to you in a similarly curt manner.

Neither.
I wouldn't lynch somebody, because other people just tell me too, without providing a proper and convincing reason.
This might get you killed, but at least you acted in all consience.

On the other hand, I wouldn't rest my case, just because I came to a self-satisfying conclusion.
A good argument can still change my mind.

In the end, it's not about making anyone happy, but about finding the miscreants.

What about if you have a suspect the rest of the town doesn't agree with? What should you do?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 04:41:27 pm »

You should reach a conclusion that satisfies you, and if they are not persuasive enough to change your mind, then lynch whoever you think did it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 04:52:56 pm »

Thank you for your input, but the question was directed at Mindmaker.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24