Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38157 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 05:31:48 am »

Dariush: How do you believe scum would play this game?
I think they'll try to kill everyone.

No, really, looking at previous games, they were killing the most experienced players while the scum was the most lurky lurker. So, I think we should start with them.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 05:37:21 am »

Ottofar: Do you think the Kingmaker should claim?

It'd mean a Confirmed Townie, but on the  following  day, only.
Scum'd have the time to kill him. Unless doctors.

It might actually be a good idea.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 09:16:26 am »

Mindmaker, Zrk2, NativeForeigner: I've never played a game with any of you. In the absence of the RVS how do you think we should go about getting a conversation going in the early stages of the game?
Being attentive and unforgiving about everything that is posted.
Not leaving anyone off the hook with a weak "I'll be watching you", but being persistent and asking additional questions until everything is clear.
Good enough?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 03:15:35 pm »

Mindmaker, Zrk2, NativeForeigner: I've never played a game with any of you. In the absence of the RVS how do you think we should go about getting a conversation going in the early stages of the game?
Not leaving anyone off the hook with a weak "I'll be watching you", but being persistent and asking additional questions until everything is clear.
Good enough?

I second the motion. People need to be investigated thoroughly. I am new to mafia and have been in two previous games. (I was lynched in both despite being a townie.)

But what if a scum claimed to be kingmaker? This would cause much shenanigans, unless someone was willing to take the risk of appointing one to be king. I think this could be a valid scum strategy.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »

Good enough?

I second the motion. People need to be investigated thoroughly. I am new to mafia and have been in two previous games. (I was lynched in both despite being a townie.)

So, both of you think this way. Are both of you going to do it?

But what if a scum claimed to be kingmaker? This would cause much shenanigans, unless someone was willing to take the risk of appointing one to be king. I think this could be a valid scum strategy.

The Kingmaker is always town, so why would the Kingmaker who knows that somebody is fakeclaiming Kingmaker make that person King, when that person is scum? It's a valid scum strategy, but neither for the situation or for the reasons you say, so I'm very curious to know why you brought it up.

Pandarsenic: One of the things I remember from the last Kingmaker is that you felt powerless to scumhunt without a vote. Do you still feel that way?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 03:53:04 pm »

Good enough?

So, both of you think this way. Are both of you going to do it?

The Kingmaker is always town, so why would the Kingmaker who knows that somebody is fakeclaiming Kingmaker make that person King, when that person is scum? It's a valid scum strategy, but neither for the situation or for the reasons you say, so I'm very curious to know why you brought it up.

Pandarsenic: One of the things I remember from the last Kingmaker is that you felt powerless to scumhunt without a vote. Do you still feel that way?

Because I am trying not to lurk, and I want to win this game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 03:57:49 pm »

That doesn't really answer what I'm curious about.

Why did you mention that specific scenario? What were you hoping would come out of bringing that up?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »

I brought it up in the hope that the town would think about it, and therefore allow the more experienced players another viewpoint from which to scumhunt. Besides, even the best laid plans fail the second the forces meet in battle. Were I suspected of being scum while being king I would consider lynching my partner in order to put myself above reproach. The possibilities are endless.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 04:15:44 pm »

You are rattling off several unsettlingly specific scenarios before they come up.

I brought it up in the hope that the town would think about it, and therefore allow the more experienced players another viewpoint from which to scumhunt.

So, are you just going to sit back and throw hypothetical scenarios at the experienced players while they go and do all the work?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 04:17:06 pm »

No, I just admitted I am not a good player. I will try to scum hunt as best I can, but I will not try to usurp an overlarge amount of power. Afterall, all I do all day is grub in the fields.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2011, 08:08:29 pm »

I'm not good at asking questions in the early game - assuming I would have to work from scratch, without even your list to steal, I would request each person explain who I should lynch and why, basically going "Have fun with the RVS, which I hate but which I know to be a necessary evil."
You're also not very good at answering them. You didn't really ask any questions for your subjects. I mean, if you were King, it'd be YOUR JOB to lynch scum, right? And you've got nothing you want to ask them whose lives are in your hands? There isn't room for mistakes here. If you mislynch, you might as well have lynched yourself.

So, I will let you think before answering this time, but re-answer the question. Pretend your life depends on a good answer. Or at least your pretend life.

Jokerman-EXE: Who would you kill if you were scum? Why?

You. To be honest, I only feel threatened by you, Pandar, and Jim. The rest...well, Mindmaker, Zrk2, and Native aren't as experienced, and Ottofar and Dariush don't really have much going for them either. You're my top pick because Pandar can be counted on to lurk, and Jim is slightly below you because he has a habit (it seems to me) of getting distracted sometimes.

J-EXE lurks too damn much,

Not so! Just...y'know, lately. >.>
Even though there's a possibility for a Doctor? What if I mislynched as King? What if I lynched correctly? Would these affect your decision to kill me? If they would, who would you kill?

This is true.

Well, I would probably start with chronic lurkers. If we get lucky and don't have any of those, the next best thing would be a townie who is either doing very poorly at scumhunting or the scummiest town. Yes, it seems a bit harsh, but it's with the town's best interests in mind, it would be better to lose someone that isn't contributing than to lose a powerful scumhunter. However, a good thing to do if someone has a strong suspicion towards the scum-king's scumpartner would be to present a reasonable case against the suspect and try to get the king to lynch his buddy. If he goes through with it, that's (hopefully) one scum down. If not and he goes for someone with a much weaker suspicion towards them, hopefully the next king would have the sense to execute the previous.
While I feel that you are scummy, you seem to be telling the truth. That doesn't make me feel too great, but I'd like you to answer the rest of my original 8 questions (which I will quote if you ask, but would rather not).

Mindmaker: What would you want me to know before I make a final decision on who to execute?

The facts.
And by facts, I mean you should everything that has been said.
Not only the question you've asked yourself, but also the ones others have posed.

That's been the issue in the former games I have played.
Players haven't been paying attention, to the overall picture.
You could get away giving inconsiderate, curt and unsatisfactory answers, because nobody would question you about them.
Now considering, that everyone acted like this, pinning down somebody with a vote and forcing them to give usable answer, wasn't an option.

That shouldn't happened in advanced games.
So, do you plan to reiterate every fact that has appeared with no bias? How would you tell me this before I lynch? While I respect the cute answer, I'm looking for a realistic answer. As such, please try again. And take your time answering. I've got all day.

As well, I'll let you know that I plan to pay much attention. If you feel I'm not, then say so.

Dariush: How do you believe scum would play this game?
I think they'll try to kill everyone.

No, really, looking at previous games, they were killing the most experienced players while the scum was the most lurky lurker. So, I think we should start with them.
Oh, you're pretty clever.

See, you didn't adequately answer my question. I want to know how you think a scum would play. Not who I should go after. Not what happened in previous games. Just your plan and simple thoughts.

However, because I especially dislike your answer, you'll have to answer another question: How should a townie play this game? Answer as a King, a Townie, and a Kingmaker.

Ottofar: Do you think the Kingmaker should claim?

It'd mean a Confirmed Townie, but on the  following  day, only.
Scum'd have the time to kill him. Unless doctors.

It might actually be a good idea.
Following day only? Explain.

You also skillfully dodged the question. It's actually a yes or no question, oddly enough. Guess which two words you avoided. I'm rather disappointed by that too. You'll now have to explain why you chose your answer and then make a counter-argument for the answer you didn't choose.

No, I just admitted I am not a good player. I will try to scum hunt as best I can, but I will not try to usurp an overlarge amount of power. Afterall, all I do all day is grub in the fields.
Right, but the way to become a better player isn't to avoid overlap or let the more experienced players take over. It's to do as much of everything as you can. You take all of your evidence and make a case. Break it down, think like scum, make judgment calls. You won't get better by throwing small tidbits of information at everyone else. Because like it or not, the experienced players are the least likely to live long enough to use it. Alliteration, by the way.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 08:16:59 pm »

Applause for the literary devices. I have been trying to think like a scum, as seen by my hypotheses on how scum could use the power of king. Good point, but I never said I would only pass out tidbits, but that I would make sure to build a strong case instead of going off half-baked.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2011, 08:20:13 pm »

Good enough?

Erm... Did you answer my question?

Anyhow, I'd like you to do some investigative detective work. What would happen if scum claimed Kingmaker? Nobody else ruin the surprise.

Applause for the literary devices. I have been trying to think like a scum, as seen by my hypotheses on how scum could use the power of king. Good point, but I never said I would only pass out tidbits, but that I would make sure to build a strong case instead of going off half-baked.
Hmm... That was a fast response. Do you believe I'm a scum King? If you did, what would you try to get me to do?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:58 pm »

I would watch for clues about who your partner is based on your actions.

I think we should get a conversation going by asking many questions and making sure to follow them up.

And do you want my to theorize about a scum claiming to be kingmaker?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2011, 09:38:08 pm »

I'm not good at asking questions in the early game - assuming I would have to work from scratch, without even your list to steal, I would request each person explain who I should lynch and why, basically going "Have fun with the RVS, which I hate but which I know to be a necessary evil."
You're also not very good at answering them. You didn't really ask any questions for your subjects. I mean, if you were King, it'd be YOUR JOB to lynch scum, right? And you've got nothing you want to ask them whose lives are in your hands? There isn't room for mistakes here. If you mislynch, you might as well have lynched yourself.

So, I will let you think before answering this time, but re-answer the question. Pretend your life depends on a good answer. Or at least your pretend life.

*Rolls eyes*

I would ask whom they think I should lynch and why. Don't pretend it wasn't clear.

I've made it abundantly clear, I don't like the blind flailing shit at the beginning of the game, so I would ASK WHAT I SAID I WOULD ASK to get material to pay attention to started.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24