Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38170 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Sign up now! [8/9]
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 09:51:40 pm »

And that's 9!  Roles are going out shortly.

Night 0 starts now- Kingmaker, send me your choice for king!  In a minimum of 24 hours, Day 1 will begin!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Night 0- Kingmaker, crown us a king!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 09:54:04 pm »

There was trouble in the kingdom of Doyentao.  Old King Lewis died last week without an heir.  Worse, he was poisoned- someone is trying to destroy the kingdom!  The question of succession must be handled carefully.  The old king’s nine closest advisors are charged with handling both crises, but all reports indicate that two of them are responsible!

There is a secret order of Kingmakers that controls issues of succession in this region, and it appears there is an agent amongst the council, for there are proclamations posted in the council chamber:

All hail King Webadict!  He has regal authority for this day!

You must listen to his wisdom, and help guide him in the correct direction of rooting out the villains responsible for this tragedy.

Day 1 begins now!  Day will end when an execution order is handed down by the King.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:10:08 pm »

Good choice, Kingmaker. Good. Choice.

Now, before you outright claim and ruin my questioning for the Day, don't. I'll be taking some sweet time to interview you all before I make a decision. If you wish to leave little clues for me to find, feel free. I do enjoy breadcrumbs.

Now, since I obviously can't ask the same question of all of you, I have randomly made up a question (or two) for each of you.

Ottofar: Do you think the Kingmaker should claim? Why or why not?
Jim Groovester: Who do you believe should've been King? And yourself isn't an adequate answer. Please explain, as well.
NativeForeigner: How should a non-King player help the King make a rational decision?
Jokerman-EXE: Who would you kill if you were scum? Why?
Pandarsenic: What questions would you ask of your loyal subjects?
Mindmaker: What would you want me to know before I make a final decision on who to execute?
Zrk2: Who the heck are you? Do you have experience in Mafia? What are you looking for in scum?
Dariush: How do you believe scum would play this game?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 10:30:58 pm »

NativeForeigner: How should a non-King player help the King make a rational decision?

By presenting a reasonable case against the person in question to the king, handling any counter arguments, and otherwise guide the king to see the points that a non-king player sees to help the king come to a decision or make his own judgments.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 10:57:25 pm »

By presenting a reasonable case against the person in question to the king, handling any counter arguments, and otherwise guide the king to see the points that a non-king player sees to help the king come to a decision or make his own judgments.
Professional-looking case. I do enjoy.

Now, what if the King is scum? What would you do?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 11:10:04 pm »

All hail King webadict!

Jim Groovester: Who do you believe should've been King? And yourself isn't an adequate answer. Please explain, as well.

Myself, but that's apparently an inadequate answer.

You, me, and Pandarsenic are the only players in the game that would make a good uninformed choice for King. J-EXE lurks too damn much, and everybody else is either an unknown or incompetent.

Pandarsenic also has an annoying tendency to lurk too damn much, and I can never get a good read on you, and since I apparently can't choose myself, I'd rather the onus of deciding who to kill be in the hands of somebody I can get a better read on, so I'd have to pick Pandarsenic.

Now, a question for you. How should the town and the king handle a former king who mislynched?

Mindmaker, Zrk2, NativeForeigner: I've never played a game with any of you. In the absence of the RVS how do you think we should go about getting a conversation going in the early stages of the game?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 11:29:55 pm »

All hail King webadict!

Myself, but that's apparently an inadequate answer.

You, me, and Pandarsenic are the only players in the game that would make a good uninformed choice for King. J-EXE lurks too damn much, and everybody else is either an unknown or incompetent.

Pandarsenic also has an annoying tendency to lurk too damn much, and I can never get a good read on you, and since I apparently can't choose myself, I'd rather the onus of deciding who to kill be in the hands of somebody I can get a better read on, so I'd have to pick Pandarsenic.

Now, a question for you. How should the town and the king handle a former king who mislynched?

Mindmaker, Zrk2, NativeForeigner: I've never played a game with any of you. In the absence of the RVS how do you think we should go about getting a conversation going in the early stages of the game?
I can believe that. I don't find myself too difficult to read, but that's just me.

If a King has mislynched... Well, that's tough. In what manner did he mislynch? I think a well explained mislynching shouldn't immediately disqualify him or her from being King again, but it definitely should be worth noting. If the King made a very, very convincing argument for lynching a person, and that person was shown to be scum, then I would definitely fault the player's playstyle, and not the King's.

Unfortunately, that only applies to lylo. If a King mislynches, and it isn't lylo, I would definitely pick someone else. Indeed, I could pick scum, but it would give a better read to everyone involved.

Now, what would you do if a King had successfully lynched scum and THEN misynched?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 12:02:29 am »

That depends entirely on whether or not the king is known to be scum. If the king is suspected of being scum, I believe it would be best for town to guide the king towards lynching the least useful town and then presenting a case against him for the next king to decide on.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 12:05:34 am »

That might be an appropriate alternative to RVS. What do you think would be an appropriate topic?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 12:56:16 am »

That depends entirely on whether or not the king is known to be scum. If the king is suspected of being scum, I believe it would be best for town to guide the king towards lynching the least useful town and then presenting a case against him for the next king to decide on.
It's assumed to be suspected, as nobody but scum could know if someone's scum.

Now, how would you go about deciding who the least useful town is? Or even making a case against him, knowing he's town? Doesn't this sound a bit scummy?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 01:01:30 am »

I can believe that. I don't find myself too difficult to read, but that's just me.

Heh.

Now, what would you do if a King had successfully lynched scum and THEN misynched?

In general, probably just pick a new King, then look at the circumstances of the scum lynch and see if any of that looks contrived, like the King and the victim knew it was going to happen and things like that.

If the game's going into lylo, the Kingmaker shouldn't necessarily avoid making that person King. Bussing is a risky strategy and it's probably not a good idea to make an assumption either way about what that player was doing when he lynched scum.

That might be an appropriate alternative to RVS. What do you think would be an appropriate topic?

But that's what I'm asking you.

What do you think should be done?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 02:10:08 am »

I'm not good at asking questions in the early game - assuming I would have to work from scratch, without even your list to steal, I would request each person explain who I should lynch and why, basically going "Have fun with the RVS, which I hate but which I know to be a necessary evil."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 02:12:49 am »

Jokerman-EXE: Who would you kill if you were scum? Why?

You. To be honest, I only feel threatened by you, Pandar, and Jim. The rest...well, Mindmaker, Zrk2, and Native aren't as experienced, and Ottofar and Dariush don't really have much going for them either. You're my top pick because Pandar can be counted on to lurk, and Jim is slightly below you because he has a habit (it seems to me) of getting distracted sometimes.

J-EXE lurks too damn much,

Not so! Just...y'know, lately. >.>
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 02:19:03 am »

It's assumed to be suspected, as nobody but scum could know if someone's scum.

Now, how would you go about deciding who the least useful town is? Or even making a case against him, knowing he's town? Doesn't this sound a bit scummy?

This is true.

Well, I would probably start with chronic lurkers. If we get lucky and don't have any of those, the next best thing would be a townie who is either doing very poorly at scumhunting or the scummiest town. Yes, it seems a bit harsh, but it's with the town's best interests in mind, it would be better to lose someone that isn't contributing than to lose a powerful scumhunter. However, a good thing to do if someone has a strong suspicion towards the scum-king's scumpartner would be to present a reasonable case against the suspect and try to get the king to lynch his buddy. If he goes through with it, that's (hopefully) one scum down. If not and he goes for someone with a much weaker suspicion towards them, hopefully the next king would have the sense to execute the previous.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 04:25:46 am »

Mindmaker: What would you want me to know before I make a final decision on who to execute?

The facts.
And by facts, I mean you should everything that has been said.
Not only the question you've asked yourself, but also the ones others have posed.

That's been the issue in the former games I have played.
Players haven't been paying attention, to the overall picture.
You could get away giving inconsiderate, curt and unsatisfactory answers, because nobody would question you about them.
Now considering, that everyone acted like this, pinning down somebody with a vote and forcing them to give usable answer, wasn't an option.

That shouldn't happened in advanced games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24