Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38199 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! King of the Mafia, now King of this Town
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 06:21:49 pm »

I am simply being active, input is never a bad idea.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »

Just a simple question for you: Are you the Kingmaker? Because I feel like you're either scum or the kingmaker.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »

I am not the kingmaker, I am trying to be more involved because I hung back in the last game and that convinced many people I was scum, despite my not being one, so in this game I am making sure to be vocal.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 06:46:26 pm »

Being active for the sake of being active is scummy, though. You need to be active, but in finding scum.

I'm not convinced you're doing that, because you're still busy hypothesizing about what questions you want to ask, and piping up to answer other people's questions and throwing out hypothetical scenarios are not exceedingly meaningful contributions.

So when are you going to ask those questions? It shouldn't take you this long to start scumhunting, especially with somebody like me urging you to get to it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »

Just a simple question for you: Are you the Kingmaker? Because I feel like you're either scum or the kingmaker.

Please reference the most recent BM before you decide whether or not Zrk2 is scum. I think this is only his second game. However, also don't disregard him as a possible scum member.

Zrk2 Reflecting on the few posts so far, who do you think might be scum?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 07:52:34 pm »

WUBA, in case you missed it:

Jokerman-EXE: Who would you kill if you were scum? Why?

You. To be honest, I only feel threatened by you, Pandar, and Jim. The rest...well, Mindmaker, Zrk2, and Native aren't as experienced, and Ottofar and Dariush don't really have much going for them either. You're my top pick because Pandar can be counted on to lurk, and Jim is slightly below you because he has a habit (it seems to me) of getting distracted sometimes.

J-EXE lurks too damn much,

Not so! Just...y'know, lately. >.>
Even though there's a possibility for a Doctor? What if I mislynched as King? What if I lynched correctly? Would these affect your decision to kill me? If they would, who would you kill?
I don't really understand what the possiblity of a doctor would mean if I was scum and you were...not. I would still try to kill you. If you mislynched, I would leave you alive so that I could attack you for it. If you lynched correctly, I would kill you for the WIFOM, probably. It's pretty easy to think of a reason to kill a player like you, because it's easy to convince the other players to believe me.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 08:49:49 pm »

Here are some notes I made rereading the thread

Native Foreigner:
-Over eager to please
-Willing to kill off townies on suspicions
-Answers questions not directed to him
Jim Groovester:
-Sucking up or RPing
-Trying to get Pandarsenic to be king
-They could be the scum
-Very insightful
-Wants to lynch townies for seeming useless
-Very quick to question
-Good king, so long as he isn't scum
Pandarsenic:
-Hanging back early
-Careful or scum for not trying to get conversation too indepth too early
Jokerman-EXE:
-Try to befriend
-Seems to be getting favoured status by acting jovial
-Scummy
Mindmaker:
-Thinks we should be able to remember everything
-Seems like a standard opening
-Avoiding questions
Dariush:
-Seems to be saying the obvious
Ottofar:
-Wants kingmaker to claim
-Admits would alert scum
-Doesn't matter because they already know who the non-scum are. Kingmaker doesn't really change anything
Mindmaker:
-Standard opening
Webadict:
-Quick to think I think he is scum
-Questionable

If I were to choose anyone to be scum at this point I would say Jim Groovester is scum because of his overzealous scumhunt and his determination to remain permanently on the offensive, likely so no one will question him.

Jim Groovester why are you questioning me so thouroughly while ignoring the others? Do you think I am scum, or are you hiding something? If you were scum what would you do?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »

If I were to choose anyone to be scum at this point I would say Jim Groovester is scum because of his overzealous scumhunt and his determination to remain permanently on the offensive, likely so no one will question him.

This is called being town.

Jim Groovester why are you questioning me so thouroughly while ignoring the others? Do you think I am scum, or are you hiding something? If you were scum what would you do?

Because there's stuff to pick at you about and you're more responsive and available than the other people I'm trying to get answers out of.

Do I think you're scum? I'm starting to think that you are. You've given lots of odd answers and done lots of odd things and things that are odd make me suspicious. But you're also new, so I'm keeping that in the back of my mind. But then you go and do something like this, and then I stop caring that you're new.

If I were scum, I probably would have come down on you earlier in the day instead of asking you a bunch of questions to get a decent read on you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »

Native Foreigner:
-Over eager to please

-There's a difference between eager to please and cooperative.
-When did I ever say this?
-Actually, Webadict asked me to answer the remaining seven of the original eight he asked everyone. I haven't answered any questions not directed towards me.

This, however, is a great improvement over BM for you, I'm glad. Who is your second scumpick (if you have one)?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2011, 10:02:38 pm »

Here are some notes I made rereading the thread

Native Foreigner:
-Over eager to please
Jim Groovester:
-Sucking up or RPing
-Trying to get Pandarsenic to be king
-They could be the scum
-Very insightful
-Wants to lynch townies for seeming useless
-Very quick to question
-Good king, so long as he isn't scum
Pandarsenic:
-Hanging back early
-Careful or scum for not trying to get conversation too indepth too early
Jokerman-EXE:
-Try to befriend
-Scummy
Mindmaker:
-Thinks we should be able to remember everything
-Seems like a standard opening
-Avoiding questions
Dariush:
-Seems to be saying the obvious
Ottofar:
-Wants kingmaker to claim
-Admits would alert scum
-Doesn't matter because they already know who the non-scum are. Kingmaker doesn't really change anything
Mindmaker:
-Standard opening
Webadict:
-Quick to think I think he is scum
-Questionable

Hmm... You've suddenly stepped up your game. But, are you calling me questionable for Town because I think you're scum, or for some reason you have yet to explain?

WUBA, in case you missed it:

Jokerman-EXE: Who would you kill if you were scum? Why?

You. To be honest, I only feel threatened by you, Pandar, and Jim. The rest...well, Mindmaker, Zrk2, and Native aren't as experienced, and Ottofar and Dariush don't really have much going for them either. You're my top pick because Pandar can be counted on to lurk, and Jim is slightly below you because he has a habit (it seems to me) of getting distracted sometimes.

J-EXE lurks too damn much,

Not so! Just...y'know, lately. >.>
Even though there's a possibility for a Doctor? What if I mislynched as King? What if I lynched correctly? Would these affect your decision to kill me? If they would, who would you kill?
I don't really understand what the possiblity of a doctor would mean if I was scum and you were...not. I would still try to kill you. If you mislynched, I would leave you alive so that I could attack you for it. If you lynched correctly, I would kill you for the WIFOM, probably. It's pretty easy to think of a reason to kill a player like you, because it's easy to convince the other players to believe me.
I saw it. It's nice. I just was looking at Zrk2 for now. If you wish to talk more about something else, though, that'd be fine.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2011, 10:16:18 pm »

I figured that the GM would choose more experience players to be scum, because they would be able to do it better. And I do not think you are scum yet, I just put down feelings and thoughts I had based on your posts.

I think I questioned everyone's integrity.

I am not going to jump on someone yet, I am observing. If anything seems strange I will start following that person more closely.

This is called being town.

Because there's stuff to pick at you about and you're more responsive and available than the other people I'm trying to get answers out of.

Do I think you're scum? I'm starting to think that you are. You've given lots of odd answers and done lots of odd things and things that are odd make me suspicious. But you're also new, so I'm keeping that in the back of my mind. But then you go and do something like this, and then I stop caring that you're new.

If I were scum, I probably would have come down on you earlier in the day instead of asking you a bunch of questions to get a decent read on you.

If you were town you would question everyone equally, but it is possible that you just think I am more scummy than anyone else, which is wrong.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2011, 10:23:29 pm »

I figured that the GM would choose more experience players to be scum, because they would be able to do it better. And I do not think you are scum yet, I just put down feelings and thoughts I had based on your posts.

I think I questioned everyone's integrity.

I am not going to jump on someone yet, I am observing. If anything seems strange I will start following that person more closely.

Don't be too hesitant to jump on somebody. If you suspect someone apply some pressure and see what happens. Yes, that's hard without a vote, but questions can do the same thing.

I'll try to think of questions for some other people when I have the time.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2011, 10:25:05 pm »

I don't really know what to add. If you have questions for me, I'll hear them. I'll join the general conversation starting (real-world) tomorrow, when I have a better idea of how school and everything will pan out this quarter.

Jokerman-EXE:
-Try to befriend
-Scummy

- You'll have to explain that to me. It almost sounds like you think I'm befriending WUBA by telling him that I would kill him, given the chance and the reason.
- Favored status from whom? And why do you think I'm being jovial?
- Give me a reason.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2011, 10:36:23 pm »

This is never an assumption you can make and is never a reason to suspect anybody.

Roles are usually distributed randomly anyway. If they're not it's highly abnormal.

If you were town you would question everyone equally, but it is possible that you just think I am more scummy than anyone else, which is wrong.

No, not really.

I question people about things I find odd or scummy, and then based on their responses determine who is and who is not scum. Or I ask questions to people to see if they'll drop anything that looks odd or scummy. This rarely requires asking everybody questions equally.

Also, how am I wrong if I do think you're scummier than anyone else?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2011, 11:50:33 pm »

Zrk2: If asking lots of people questions is a town move in your opinion, why aren't you doing so yourself? Second question, because the first is boring: You're scumking, but no one suspects you. However, your partner isn't nearly as lucky and everyone knows almost certainly that he is scum and demands you lynch him. Do you so, stall, or do you try to pull an argument out of your ass against someone else?

Jim: Who do you think would be the most unfortunate scumteam for town? Who do you think is actually scum? How would you handle being a scumking with only minor suspicion upon you?

Jokerman: If you were king how would you go about making your decision? Say the blame is spread across two or three people evenly, but you believe none of them scum. Would you go against the town's wishes and go for your pick? Or play it safe and lynch a possible towny?

Dariush: Same scenario as Jokerman, but you know almost certainly that someone other than the town's pick is scum.

Webadict: Still the same question, but town is unanimously against one person, but you know they're town (or at least you're pretty damn sure). How do you handle the situation?

Ottofar: You just mislynched as king. A good portion of town was with you, but those that weren't are a little suspicious. How do you handle this?

Pandar: Almost everyone thinks you're scum, but you somehow lucked out and someone idiotically made you king. What do you do?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24