Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299401 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I disappear for a week and only one turn? For shame.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

To be fair, I was gone too so I couldn't post an action.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

That, and I only got back from a camping trip which coincided with the return of Derm's internet just now.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

That, and I only got back from a camping trip which coincided with the return of Derm's internet just now.

COINCIDENCE!?! I think not!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

This is turn one hundred and fifteen of a roll to dodge game called Roll to Roll to Dodge: A Meta-Adventure, as posted to the Bay12 forums.

**********~
Turn 115
**********~

META TURN:

Storage ho?

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Dynamo Core

Actions
Meta: Investigate pedestal
(...) You squirm around in the hallway for a while, actually moving a bit further from the storage area.
Meta: Commence looting!
(...) You begin to loot the storage room, but are quickly distracted by a box of bran flakes. You devour the whole box, then collapse on the floor.
Meta: Find a piece of machinery than try to repeat previous roll.
(...) You scream incoherently and thrust your pelvis at the pile of machinery. Nothing seems to be happening.
RW: Check pedestal for shiny red button.
(...) You jog a short distance, close enough to the pedestal to tell that there is no button, shiny or no, on its surface. You have the feeling that there would be some kind of Total Recall/Lotus Eater Machine joke at this point, had that DAMNED RED COYOTE not ruined it earlier-

Oh. Anyway, what you can see is a set of five LEDs, two of which are lit a bright green color. There is a closed hatch on the pedestal's surface.
RW: Build a sonic cannon out of parts and guitar, activated by EPIC RIFFING!
MC: Get all the webbing you can carry!
(...) You work long and hard, fusing the various holodeck components with your guitar while Kyle stands off to the side and does pelvic thrusts at you. At last, you activate the power source and your sonic cannon comes to life!

"Let's rock."

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Prepping for face meltage.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Keen Helmet | Pencil x4 | Coffee Mug | Sonic Cannon | Marshall C. Coburn (commanding) | Micro Mecha Spider (commanding)
Wounds: Heavy Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Fidgeting.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm | Thermometer
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Binging on bran flakes.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal | Mirror Suit
Wounds: None
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis | Legendary Record Keeper

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: What... the... hell...?
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack | Spray Can | Gas Mask | Bucket | Cleanz0r (commanding)
Wounds: Missing Legs | Triple Head Bumps | Blind | Nosebleed
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy | Clairvoyance

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Checking out the pedestal.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm | Spacesuit | Arm Cannon | Paperweight x3 | Gasoline Canister
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall C. Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Abilities: Eye Laser | Web Shooter

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

Maintenance Deck 3, Engineering Lab

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 115: Ready for Shreddage]
« Reply #1400 on: July 25, 2011, 11:25:34 am »

Meta: Find a shiny object.
Fantasy: Get up and try to find where we're suppost to go.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 25, 2011, 11:27:45 am »

RW: Jump into the hatch.
FW: Sheath weapons(s) and follow HEN.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 25, 2011, 11:28:27 am »

*Subtley pokes gift of the magi to 3.5*

RW: To the pedestal room! Try to collect a bunch of webbing for later, and to sorta clear out the floor.

FW: Teleport down to Edgar.

The tvtropes page needs more love ;.;
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 25, 2011, 12:28:32 pm »

Meta: Go to pedestal and open the hatch.

Fantasy: Go up to second to top floor of the tower and pull the lever there.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:22 pm »

*squints* ...Is that a dead horse on level 36?

Meta: Get everyone to the pedestal.

Fantasy: Convince Derm to summon me some legs.

The good news is that I think Derm can shut down this pump stack with a judicious summoning of magma. The bad news is that we need Derm to be judicious with magma.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 25, 2011, 09:21:27 pm »

Well monk I am already going down to heal you. In a technical sense.

And yay magma!

Did you create that fort specifically for this game?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1406 on: July 25, 2011, 10:17:28 pm »

*squints* ...Is that a dead horse on level 36?
Yup, and that's a "whirlpool" drowning trap it's in. You can see another horse fighting the current on level 38. Just for reference, the room where the water broke through and HEN found the map is just below that, on level 35. And the courtyard with the water pipe running through it is where you lost your legs. :P

Oh, and take the huge piles of mutilated corpses as you will- it got a lot worse shortly after that map was exported. :o
Did you create that fort specifically for this game?
Nah, it's been on the DFMA for a while now. Most of it is built completely haphazardly and held together with Dwarven duct tape, which makes it perfect for dungeon crawling.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1407 on: July 27, 2011, 01:05:14 am »

I think we're reaching critical meta levels.

**********~
Turn 116
**********~

META TURN:

Storage ho?

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Dynamo Core

Actions
Meta: Find a shiny object.
(...) Well, there doesn't seem to be anything shiny in the holodeck now that it's been gutted of all its extraneous blinking lights and glowing panels, so you head into the storage area and search through there. Before long, you find a shiny spot on the wall! You feel a weak gravitational pull emanating from the spot, and... you think you can hear voices coming from it.

HOLD ON! I THINK I KNOW WHAT IT'S TRYING TO DO!
RW: Jump into the hatch.
(...) You dance on top of the pedestal for a minute or so, trying to get the hatch open. Not much gets accomplished.
RW: To the pedestal room! Try to collect a bunch of webbing for later, and to sorta clear out the floor.
(...) You loiter out to the hallway. Maybe you'll go to the storage room later.
Meta: Go to pedestal and open the hatch.
(...) You head over to the pedestal and clamp down on it with your robotic arm! Try as you might, however, the hatch won't open. Two of the lights on the pedestal's surface light up in the meantime.
Meta: Get everyone to the pedestal.
(...) You grab Derm and toss him into the storage room, then go in yourself.

The last LED light on the pedestal lights up and the hatch springs open, revealing a SHINY RED BUTTON!

You run over to the pedestal and headbutt the button! The door at the front of the storage area slams shut and machinery can be heard activating nearby! Just then, Derek receives a transmission...

"Hey. Derek."
"...Uh... yes?"
"Just a little warning, we're about to come through there. Might wanna get away from that portal."
"What portal? Wait, are you me from the future?!"
"Oops, must have dialed earlier than I thought. Anyway, another thing. The, uh... boss guy."
"Yes?"
"He's on the ceiling. Like, right above you. Might wanna move. Oh, and there's gonna be some time travel involved later on. Just a heads up."

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Talking to himself.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Keen Helmet | Pencil x4 | Coffee Mug | Sonic Cannon | Marshall C. Coburn (commanding) | Micro Mecha Spider (commanding)
Wounds: Heavy Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Getting ready for some sort of boss encounter type situation.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm | Thermometer
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Being unnecessarily epic about everything.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal | Mirror Suit
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis | Legendary Record Keeper

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Staring at the wall.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack | Spray Can | Gas Mask | Bucket | Cleanz0r (commanding)
Wounds: Missing Legs | Triple Head Bumps | Blind | Nosebleed
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy | Clairvoyance

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Sitting by the pedestal.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm | Spacesuit | Arm Cannon | Paperweight x3 | Gasoline Canister
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall C. Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Abilities: Eye Laser | Web Shooter

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

Maintenance Deck 3, Engineering Lab

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:58:49 am by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Shotgun5559

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh...

Where's monk's fantasy move?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Was just about to say that- based on my current status, I'm guessing I rolled a 2 or something.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110