Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299245 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 85: 'Splosion Man, Part 2]
« Reply #1005 on: April 27, 2011, 01:39:05 pm »

To be honest, killing that chieftain completely changes the path this story is taking. I just wasn't expecting Derm to immolate him beyond recognition before he could even say a word.

Not sure why I wasn't expecting that.

Also, we just broke 1000 replies! Wheeee!

Fantasy: Attempt to land on the goblin nearest Urist. DEMAND IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION
You are many stories z-levels in the air... I'm not sure a Goblin corpse is enough to cushion that fall.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:41:38 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 27, 2011, 01:53:36 pm »

It works in DF, why shouldn't it here?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 27, 2011, 02:15:40 pm »

I just wasn't expecting Derm to immolate him beyond recognition before he could even say a word.

Sigged XD
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 27, 2011, 02:41:20 pm »

To be honest, killing that chieftain completely changes the path this story is taking. I just wasn't expecting Derm to immolate him beyond recognition before he could even say a word.

Fantasy: Attempt to land on the goblin nearest Urist. DEMAND IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION
You are many stories z-levels in the air... I'm not sure a Goblin corpse is enough to cushion that fall.

Hm. Action altered.

On a semi-related topic, the winner of a given fight is the one who still alive when its done, yes?
And I was fighting the goblin chieftain for leadership of the dark fortress, yes?
And only one of us is still alive, yes?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 27, 2011, 02:45:00 pm »

On a semi-related topic, the winner of a given fight is the one who still alive when its done, yes?
And I was fighting the goblin chieftain for leadership of the dark fortress, yes?

As soon as the other goblins in the throne room tell their buddies that you...oh wait, they're dead...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1010 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:56 pm »

Hm. Action altered.

Technically Derm is now leader of the Goblins. In the process of pretending to be Ogomspoxom, he obtained red skin and became the leader of a Goblin fortress. Maybe he was the demon all along... :o
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:43 pm »

Meta:  Gain a new ability.
Fantasy:Stab the Gobbo with my longsword
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1012 on: April 27, 2011, 05:38:57 pm »

So, uh... all the plot-important NPCs are dead.

Crap.

**********~
Turn 86
**********~

META TURN:

To Deck M3! Maybe!

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Valhalla

Actions
RW: Thank Frelock, then go through the elevator.
(...) You trip halfway there. Oh, and you forgot to say thank you.
Meta: To Deck M3!  Maybe!
(...) You drag John into the elevator and press the button for Deck M3. You arrive in an extra crispy hallway covered with metal shavings. You can see Kyle at the other end of the hall screaming and holding his head.
RW: OH GOD FIRE STOP DROP AND ROLL OH GOD WEBBING GET OUT OF THE ROOM AND ROLL!
(...) The sticky fibers wrap around you as you thrash around on the floor. Soon, you're trapped in a sticky, burning cocoon! You can't move and the flames begin to burn your flesh!
Meta: MacGuyver up that web shooter whatever for the droid.
(...) Stepping around the raging fire in the center of the room, you gather some parts together from the various cabinets scattered around and build a web shooter! You then attach it to MC. Now you just need some web to stock it with.
Meta:  Gain a new ability.
(...) Just as you begin to concentrate on gaining new abilities, you are hit with a psychic shockwave given off by Monk's discovery of pyrokinesis! The shockwave unlocks a power buried deep in your psyche. Suddenly, you begin to sense every thought and wireless signal within a mile radius! Your brain feels like it's going to explode! The pain subsides as you don the gas mask. Curiously, it seems to block out the massive amounts of telepathic interference. You should probably learn to control it a little better.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: ON MORE FIRE
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Keen Helmet | Leather Gloves | Pencil x4 | Guitar | Coffee Mug | Marshall Coburn (commanding)
Wounds: Light Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Looking down the hallway.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Fitting MC with a web shooter.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal
Wounds: Broken Rib
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Get it?
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack | Spray Can | Gas Mask
Wounds: Missing Legs | Head Bump
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Laying in the elevator.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm | Spacesuit
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Wounds: None
Abilities: Eye Laser | Web Shooter

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:09:27 pm by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 86: Psycho HENtis]
« Reply #1013 on: April 27, 2011, 05:44:38 pm »

RW: UNWRAP MYSELF OH GOD MC HELP ME.

FW: Get up. Summon snake mount. Ride down castle steps.

You seem to be ignoring my skill-ups.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 57: Hyperspace Shenanigans]
« Reply #1014 on: April 27, 2011, 05:47:44 pm »

You may notice that Derm didn't get any experience for that at all.

The magic system is a poor sport and doesn't like to be screwed around with.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 27, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »

What did I do?

You said summoning magic is from the elemental plane of life! If that isn't a substitute for healing magic (which I have been hinting at trying to learn since the whole bone thing) I don't know what is.

The pyrotechnic this was me trying to maybe shoot a couple fireworks in the air. At no point did I say Kill the plot important goblins, nor did I think I would roll a 7. That was entirely you.

On the other hand you are the GM and have total control over my fate. so... you win >.>

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 27, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »

RW: Create a psychic link between me and my fantasy character. Just because.
FW: Heal monk, then myself.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:56:57 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1017 on: April 27, 2011, 05:59:37 pm »

What did I do?

You said summoning magic is from the elemental plane of life! If that isn't a substitute for healing magic (which I have been hinting at trying to learn since the whole bone thing) I don't know what is.

The pyrotechnic this was me trying to maybe shoot a couple fireworks in the air. At no point did I say Kill the plot important goblins, nor did I think I would roll a 7. That was entirely you.

On the other hand you are the GM and have total control over my fate. so... you win >.>
You may be closer to learning straight-up healing magic than you think. The pyrotechnics were a proper spell usage, but your bonus made you land on a 7. You only get a skill-up on a 5 or 6. The healing/summoning spell landed on a 5, but it wasn't a pure summoning spell, so you didn't get any summoning experience.

Keep trying at the healing spells, and you'll eventually be able to get experience for those. Right now, you can only use healing indirectly through summoning magic. But you're getting close.

Healing magic is a bit out of character though if you ask me...
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 27, 2011, 06:02:09 pm »

Healing spells = Greater abomination potential.

Or making the enemy's brain a hyper advancing mass of cancer.

or perhaps giving myself an extra arm or two.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1019 on: April 27, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »

RW: Create a psychic link between me and my fantasy character. Just because.
FW: Kill the gobbo then run to safety while healing myself.
THEY DEAD. And I think someone else might have more use for some healing right now... ::)
Healing spells = Greater abomination potential.

Or making the enemy's brain a hyper advancing mass of cancer.

or perhaps giving myself an extra arm or two.
D:
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 110