Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299317 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 80: Oh Right, The Spiders]
« Reply #960 on: April 18, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

RW: Me: Rage against the machine!

MC: LASER!

FW: Attempt to decipher what the goblin said whilst moving forward at a somewhat leisurely pace.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:38:28 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 18, 2011, 10:30:15 pm »

Meta: Mop-smash the spider.
Fantasy: Get onto land
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 19, 2011, 12:14:36 am »

Meta: Use Telekinetic powers to rip spiders to pieces. STARTING WITH THE FACE HUGGER

Fantasy: Break the Bloody Arrow. Pretend this is extremely significant.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 19, 2011, 04:17:20 am »

New Bionic Enhancement Acquired: Bionic Arm
+1 to strength and hand-to-hand combat rolls with the right arm.
Player: Frelock
Inventory:  abbr=A clawed arm taken from Greco of the Cheetah Bros. +1 to strength and hand-to-hand combat rolls with the left arm.]Cheetah Arm[/abbr]
Just sayin...

Meta: Equip dagger in bionic hand and go call the elevator.  Uncanny prediction to get to the right floor.

Fantasy: Obtain a new skill
All generalizations are false....including this one.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 19, 2011, 05:36:04 pm »

RW: Follow Frelock.
FW: Get to the ship.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:22:15 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #965 on: April 19, 2011, 05:37:42 pm »

Meta: Equip dagger in bionic hand and go call the elevator.  Uncanny prediction to get to the right floor.
What's your definition of "right"?
RW: Get to the corner of the elevator while everyone else covers me.
The elevator left without you, you're still safe on the main deck.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 19, 2011, 06:21:35 pm »

Ah, I see. Then... uhh... assess the situation!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15:11 pm »

What's your definition of "right"?

Whatever my uncanny prediction tells me  ;D

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #968 on: April 20, 2011, 09:31:38 pm »

This is what happens when you roll multiple sevens. This is why we can't have nice things.

**********~
Turn 81
**********~

META TURN:

To Deck M3! Maybe!

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Mute City

Actions
RW: Me: Rage against the machine!

MC: LASER!
(...)
"ARGLEBLARG"
Presumably, you were trying to make an obscure reference. It surely would have been all kinds of clever were it intelligible. Indomitable rage wells up from within as your body is enveloped with flames, and you reach for your companions...
"Falcon....."
(...)
"Preparing ocular laser device..."
Meta: Mop-smash the spider.
(...) Spinning your mop like some kind of spider-shredding propeller, you prepare to charge the horde!
Meta: Use Telekinetic powers to rip spiders to pieces. STARTING WITH THE FACE HUGGER
(...) Your telekinetic powers shred the face-hugging spider, then envelop you and your companions!

Telekinetic energy lifts the three of you into the air and flings you forward at startling velocity as flames shoot out from Derm's fist and incinerate the swarm of mecha-spiders! Flaming bits of mecha-spider are reduced to metal shavings by the rotating mop blade! Your combined force continues to propel you down the hall and past the janitor's closet! At last, a humongous laser pierces the rotating cone of fire and obliterates everything in front of you!!

When you come to, you discover an enormous circular hole in the wall in front of you. And the wall after that. And another. And the next 15 after that. The entire hallway behind you is blackened and slowly cooling from the wall of flames, and the area ahead (which looks like another crew quarters) has been run through by the massive laser.
New Quadruple Tech Acquired!
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor
(...) You enter the elevator. Deck M3 seems about right. You reach for the button labeled M3, but your hand slips and you press the... hangar button.
RW: Follow Frelock.
(...) You happily follow Frelock into the elevator. Suddenly, the doors spring open and you are sucked out into the vacuum of the hangar!

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: PAAAAWWWWNNNCCCHHH
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Keen Helmet | Marshall Coburn (commanding)
Wounds: None
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Floating around in the hangar.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Flexing his HATE MUSCLE
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal
Wounds: Broken Rib
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Shreddin' metal arachnids.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner
Wounds: Missing Legs
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Really wishing he hadn't gotten on the elevator.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm | Broken Nose | Fractured Leg
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Abilities: Eye Laser

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:12:05 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 81: Avian Beverage]
« Reply #969 on: April 20, 2011, 09:40:39 pm »

HELLZ YEAH

MC: Go forward into the now opened drill-tunnel. Extract/fabricate new Map from helmet.

FW: Ask Spmoxu about the guards. Closely observe his reaction.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 20, 2011, 10:01:34 pm »

hahahahaha

Meta: Explore!

Fantasy: Grappling hook to the top of the fortress

Frelock, as soon as all our fantasy characters get wheelchairs we have the perfect getaway power!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 21, 2011, 01:57:43 am »

Meta: Fix the hanger.  Tweak the odds as well.

Fantasy: Figure out how to reassemble legs that are shattered.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 21, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »

Meta: Check the spider wreckage.
Fantasy:Learn a new skill
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 21, 2011, 05:18:43 pm »

RW: Get back inside the ship (somehow, maybe use my beard?) and close the hangar.
FW: Charge at the nearest goblin.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #974 on: April 21, 2011, 09:57:47 pm »

Behold my Expository Dialogue!

**********~
Turn 82
**********~

META TURN:

To Deck M3! Maybe!

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Valhalla

Actions
MC: Go forward into the now opened drill-tunnel. Extract/fabricate new Map from helmet.
(...) Hurdling over the cooling metal, you explore the area ahead. Looks like the living area for maintenance crew members and engineers in the lower floors. Further down the hall, you can see a large door leading to what you can only assume is the engineering lab. Whatever that is. You're too lazy to go over there, so you scan the living area and fabricate a map.

Meta: Explore!
(...) Traversing the tunnel of melted metal piercing one half of the living complex, you proceed through the blue-level security door at the end and enter the engineering lab. It's in surprisingly good condition, considering the state of disrepair most of the ship is in.

"You've made it much farther than most. Your group is the last left on this derelict vessel, the last to die. But if you do manage to survive the hell that awaits you, I suggest you give in to the hive mind when the time comes. Lest you be culled like the rest.
"Who are you? Why are you talking to me?"
"Just an observer. Your friend, the one I spoke to on the main deck, he's received his first enhancement. As have a few others in your group. I'd suggest you do the same. It makes the amalgamation so much smoother."

He disappears into the shadows.
Meta: Fix the hanger.  Tweak the odds as well.
(...) Your eyes sting as the water on the surface of your retinas boils then freezes. You jam your eyes shut and swim blindly through the empty vacuum. Briefly opening your eyes, you spot a red switch on the left wall, labeled "Emergency Force Shield Reactivation". You thrash over to the switch and mash it with your bionic arm, nearly smashing the control panel it's mounted on. Immediately, the force field reactivates. Oxygen starts pumping into the room and the artificial gravity is restored. Getting back on your feet, you discover that you jammed your laser dagger straight through the control panel and into the wall.
Meta: Check the spider wreckage.
(...) It's more like a soot-covered pile of metal shavings that is unrecognizable as a former horde mecha-spiders. You retrieve a small sack from the janitor's closet and scoop a few handfuls in there. You know, just in case it comes in really handy later, like a heavily-foreshadowed plot convenience. You think they call those Chekhov's Herrings, or something like that.
RW: Get back inside the ship (somehow, maybe use my beard?) and close the hangar.
(...) You twist around in mid-vacuum, accomplishing nothing. Suddenly, you crash to the ground as the artificial gravity returns!

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Mapping out the living area.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Keen Helmet | Marshall Coburn (commanding)
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Resetting the hangar's force shield.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Advancing the plot.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal
Wounds: Broken Rib
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Scooping metal shavings into his handy sack.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack
Wounds: Missing Legs
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Laying on the hangar floor.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm | Broken Nose | Fractured Leg
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Abilities: Eye Laser

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:15:07 pm by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 110