Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299291 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Meta: Get a replacement for my missing arm that has been conveniently forgotten about.
It disappeared during turn 41. Huh. Neglected to bring it up until you could get a replacement, I see. ;D
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

It's lonely in here... :(
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

DO NOT BE LONELY, FOR I AM HERE TO- *Gets distracted and wanders off*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Neglected to bring it up until you could get a replacement, I see. ;D

But of course.  GM makes a mistake not in your favor: question him about it (but don't argue!).  GM makes a mistake in your favor: never speak of it until it's in your advantage to do so.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

But of course.  GM makes a mistake not in your favor: question him about it (but don't argue!).  GM makes a mistake in your favor: never speak of it until it's in your advantage to do so.

Like, say, when the fancy bionic lab opens up :D

Meta: "Blood sacrifice, eh? GM, I request the locations of all organic life on this vessel."
Fantasy: To the shore!

Incidentally, who's JC? And the decks on the meta map are counted from the top, yes? Hence 3 and M3 being where the red dots are?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Incidentally, who's JC? And the decks on the meta map are counted from the top, yes? Hence 3 and M3 being where the red dots are?
Jumbo cat. The rows of ASCII characters on the ship represent, from top to bottom:

Hangar
Main Deck
Deck 2
Deck 3
Deck M1
Deck M2
Deck M3
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:16:13 pm by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Ah, Jumbo Cat.........

It occurs to me that I am a salty sky dog, and therefore delicious.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

RW: Find some explosives.
FW: Find another swordfish.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

*Realizes that HEN is online*

HEN, get in here and post your action!
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meta: Get to the teleporter
Fantasy: Pull Urist out of the ocean.

(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Fantasy: Pull Urist out of the ocean.

What the- where did- how did you-

Turn soon.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Pfffft hahahahahaha!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The GM said he could!

Meta: Ask GM how he feels about metagaming. Prepare to destroy anything that comes through the medbay door.
(...) "So, how do you feel about meta-gaming?"
"SEARCHING MEMORY BANKS FOR METAGAMING... MATCH FOUND. META-GAMING IS OCCASIONALLY A VITAL PART OF ROLL TO DODGE, AND HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AS A VIABLE STRATEGY. IF THIS REALITY WERE, IN FACT, ALSO A RTD, YOU COULD SAY THAT MENTAL ABILITIES IN THIS WORLD COULD AFFECT ACTIONS OF OTHER PLAYERS' CHARACTERS IN OUR CURRENT GAME OF RTD. NOW SHUT THE HELL UP MEATBAG."

Emphasis mine. ;D
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Meta: Ask GM how he feels about metagaming. Prepare to destroy anything that comes through the medbay door.
(...) "So, how do you feel about meta-gaming?"
"SEARCHING MEMORY BANKS FOR METAGAMING... MATCH FOUND. META-GAMING IS OCCASIONALLY A VITAL PART OF ROLL TO DODGE, AND HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AS A VIABLE STRATEGY. IF THIS REALITY WERE, IN FACT, ALSO A RTD, YOU COULD SAY THAT MENTAL ABILITIES IN THIS WORLD COULD AFFECT ACTIONS OF OTHER PLAYERS' CHARACTERS IN OUR CURRENT GAME OF RTD. NOW SHUT THE HELL UP MEATBAG."

Emphasis mine. ;D
And the words mine. Point taken. :D
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

People pulling continuity on me...
*grumble*

**********~
Turn 80
**********~

META TURN:

To Deck M3! Maybe!

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Elevator Room

Actions
(...) You fail to get to the teleporter. Which is good, because you should have been heading for the elevator.

You walk into the elevator.
RW: Go to elevator and hit Deck M3.
(...) You enter the elevator and mash the button for Deck M3, leaving John and Frederick behind on the main floor. The doors open on a familiar hallway. A HALLWAY THAT IS STILL FILLED WITH THOUSANDS OF MECHANICAL SPIDERS.
Meta: Get a replacement for my missing arm that has been conveniently forgotten about.
(...) Using your laser dagger, you remove Greco's one remaining limb and show it to the medi-bot in the cryogenics lab. It performs the same arm-grafting procedure it gave John, and you have a new arm!

New Bionic Enhancement Acquired: Bionic Arm
+1 to strength and hand-to-hand combat rolls with the right arm.

...Yes, that's your nose.
Meta: "Blood sacrifice, eh? GM, I request the locations of all organic life on this vessel."
(...)
"Blood sacrifice, eh? GM, I request the locations of all organic life on this vessel."
"KZZZZZZT"
"...GM?"
"KZZZZZZZZZZ- SIX ORGANIC LIFEFORMS ON THIS SHIP. ...HOW CAN THIS BE? THERE ARE 5 MEMBERS PER TEAM AND 932nm16i TEAMS CURRENTLY ON THIS VESSEL. THESE NUMBERS DO NOT ADD UP."
"Are you alright?"
"..."
A mechanical spider jumps on your face!
RW: Find some explosives.
(...) Unsurprisingly, you can't seem to find explosives around here.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Meeting his old friends.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Keen Helmet | Marshall Coburn (commanding)
Wounds: None
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Getting a new arm.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Getting a close look at a mechanical spider.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal
Wounds: Broken Rib
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Wishing he hadn't gotten in the elevator.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner
Wounds: Missing Legs | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Rooting through the trash again.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm | Broken Nose | Fractured Leg
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Wounds: None
Abilities: Eye Laser

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:17:38 pm by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110