Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299571 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 70: Acinonyx Sapiens]
« Reply #825 on: April 03, 2011, 02:34:13 pm »

Meta: Since there's music, begin the dance fight!

Fantasy: Find some driftwood to hold on to.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:52 pm »

Meta: Use telekinesis to throw the equipment crushing me at one of the Cheetah's

Fantasy: Swim to the surface

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #827 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:11 am »

...I used pun logic to name one of those cheetahs. See if you can figure it out.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #828 on: April 04, 2011, 03:57:14 pm »

The turn name isn't a typo DAMMIT.

**********~
Turn 71
**********~

META TURN:

And now... The Cheetahmen.

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
C.H.E.E.T.A.H.

Actions
RW: naeared reaeag! THROUGH THE FIRE AND THE FLAMES I CARRY ON!

MC: Prime directive: Kill Felines.

Sub Directive: Be chargin yer lazor.
(...)
Derek: "Henshin a-go-go, baby!"
You leap into the air and perform a flying kick toward Greco! (...) Your foot slams into the cheetah's chest and sends it flying into the wall! (...) MC leaps at Morbis with its metal appendages outstretched! (...) The cheetah sidesteps MC and grabs onto its leg, flinging it at Frelock! (...) MC crashes into Frelock, and they both tumble onto the floor, activating a pressure plate! (...) (...) Both roll out of the way in time to avoid a falling pile of junk!
Meta: Run away.
(...) You run across the room, stepping on several pressure plates! Piles of equipment fall from the ceiling and scatter in every direction! (...) Kyle rolls out of the way as a heavy radio crashes to the floor!
Meta: Spray Felines with Pressure Washer
(...) You spray your pressure washer at Morbis, propelling yourself backward across the room! (...) Morbis leaps over the stream and lands on the railing far above! Just then, your wheelchair rolls over a pressure plate! (...) You quickly roll out of the way of the falling radio equipment. Suddenly, the pressure washer begins shooting out of control! You're lifted off the ground and sent flying through the air, zigzagging above the combatants below and spraying steam to hold yourself aloft!
Meta: Since there's music, begin the dance fight!
(...) You moonwalk up the stairs and confront the cheetah sitting on the railing.
Meta: Use telekinesis to throw the equipment crushing me at one of the Cheetah's
(...) The radio equipment flies into the air and the lights dim. Your broken body levitates above the floor and you thrust your hand forward, sending the heavy piece of equipment at Greco! He is smashed and pinned to the wall!
Quote from: Greco
rrrraaaaggghhh
(...) Greco weakly pushes against the radio equipment, but is still pinned to the wall.
Quote from: Morbis
RRRAAAWWWRRR
Morbis leaps at MC with his claws raised! (...) MC leaps out of the way and clings to the wall, chargin' his lazor!

Mechanical Feline Twins
Cheetah Bros.
----------------------------
Greco
Head: Crushed
Body: Smashed Open
Arms: Fine
Legs: Fine
Morbis
Head: Fine
Body: Fine
Arms: Fine
Legs: Fine

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Red-hot kicking.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Marshall Coburn (commanding)
Wounds: None
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG (...)

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Dancing.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger
Wounds: Light Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Hovering.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle
Wounds: Broken Rib
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Zooming around overhead.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner
Wounds: Missing Legs
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Hiding.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades
Wounds: Missing Arm | Broken Nose
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Wounds: None
Abilities: Eye Laser

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:28:44 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 71: Catch-52]
« Reply #829 on: April 04, 2011, 04:04:10 pm »

RW: Me: Show Morbis my stabs.

MC: Show morbis your beams.

FW: CAT YOU GET RIGHT THE FUCK BACK HERE AND TAKE US TO THE BOAT.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 04, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »

Meta: Bury Greco under pile of triggered trap components in as violent a fashion as possible.

Fantasy: Get on the m!@#$%^&*()!g boat!

Aaaah, psychic powers. What did I ever do without you?

...oh right I shot things. Good times.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 04, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »

wait, the boat? do you mean this boat?

The Borealis
Condition:
Sunk

or was there some other boat?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 04, 2011, 09:20:08 pm »

Boat we stole from the navy.

The one I almost sucked into the whirlpool? Again?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 04, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »

That's right.  That transition of boats was also how we lost that warrior, IIRC...

Meta: Stab Cheetah on the railing.  Tweak the odds, too

Fantasy: Swim to the boat.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 04, 2011, 09:23:03 pm »

Oh THAT'S where she went.

Man, I really was fantastic back there, eh?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 04, 2011, 09:29:43 pm »

Ah. Right. Forgot about that there.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 04, 2011, 10:08:48 pm »

Although now you mention it, we should raise the Borealis from the deep. For teh lulz!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 05, 2011, 12:37:40 am »

Odds are, it would be raised from the deep on top of an Old One's back, so I'm going to say...no.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 05, 2011, 08:02:32 pm »

Meta: Sneak around to look for a severed robot arm or something.
Fantasy: Wield battle axe with beard. Then carve another pegarm.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:31:58 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #839 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:15 am »

*Ahem*

HEN will be NPC'd in a few hours. For now, enjoy a summary.

Five heroes, all of disparate backgrounds, met around a table in the Westport tavern: Derm Hell-binder the elementalist summoner, Frelock Von-Heisenberg the thief luck-o-mancer, Edgar the sky pirate, HighEndNoob the ninja sniper, and Artymir the mad scientist. Westport was a small port village, situated along the southern tip of Hellfire Cove. After angering a warrior at the bar and obtaining a map of the village from the barkeep, the heroes set out on their mission to kidnap the mayor of the small community. Unfortunately, the manor where the mayor lived was swarming with guards.

Learning of the thieves' guild underneath the local weapons shop, the party contacted them in hopes of joining forces to kidnap the mayor. The thieves agreed, and coincidentally were planning on a raid of the mayor's manor that very night. Preparations were made and the heroes received a map of the manor. Meanwhile, Derm was captured by guards for his misconduct inside the weapons shop. That night, the raid on the mayor's manor began. Their cover was immediately blown when the glass doors on the second floor balcony were shattered, and they had to fight their way out of the town. Derm summoned a pack of rats to help him escape from the prison along with the warrior from the tavern, and they rejoined the others just as they were escaping the town by boat.

Boarding the ship that Frelock had purchased earlier that day and named The Borealis, they departed for the sea. During their voyage, they found out that the warrior who they had seen in the tavern and who had escaped from the prison with Derm was after the mayor as well. He was, as she explained, a demon named Ogomspoxom. Ogomspoxom could only truly be defeated if he was cast into the fires of Mt. Helmath before his powers fully returned. As soon as she finished explaining this, Artymir went batshit insane and tried to kill the others. After subduing him, they dumped his body overboard and went along their way. About this time, Derm got bored and turned his last surviving summoned rat into a genetic abomination using additional summoning magic. Then he named him George. The party then came across a lone Dwarf, drifting the sea on a wooden raft. He introduced himself as Urist Anvilsmasher, the soapmaker.

Shortly thereafter, the heroes noticed a large navy frigate closing in on them from behind. They were fugitives from the law, and the navy was looking to bring them in. They attempted to escape, but Derm's overzealous use of water magic sank The Borealis and they had no choice but to surrender to the navy ship. Luckily, Frelock was able to hypnotize the entire crew into thinking they were fish and hijack the ship. Unfortunately, Derm hadn't learned his lesson and caused the formation of a maelstrom that almost sank the navy frigate. The crew, as well as the party's warrior companion, were sucked beneath the waves. At last, the heroes reached the island of Helmath on their stolen ship.

After a short trek through the town, during which a kitten exploded, a human was fused to a dwarf and a swordfish, and a patrol of guards were cooked inside their own armor, the heroes began their trek through the Jungle of Piercing. Mt. Helmath was at the center of the island, past the thick vegetation. Edgar was captured almost immediately by the island's tribe of feral Elves, along with the sack o' demon he was carrying. Derm summoned a giant riding rat, and Frelock enslaved befriended an Elf to show him the way to the retreat. He named him Elica for no particular reason. The party trekked through the jungle and, around nightfall, arrived at the Elven forest retreat. After storming the retreat head-on and rescuing Edgar from an interrogation room, the party began ascending the central tree toward the coliseum where the demon was being held. Somewhere along the way, Derm decided it would be a good idea to use fire magic inside the Elven forest retreat made entirely from wood.

As the retreat burned around them, the heroes finally reached the coliseum at the top of the central tree. The sacrificial ceremony was just beginning, and a wild unicorn was released into the arena to kill the demon. Unbeknownst to the Elves, they would be releasing the demon upon the world once more in doing so. In an attempt to teleport to the top of the tree, Derm accidentally glinched the giant rat with the unicorn, producing the Unirat! The fight was on! After causing plenty of chaos in the coliseum and vanquishing the Unirat, the heroes descended to the burning jungle once more on the back of a giant snake that Derm had summoned during the fight. Edgar, Elica and Frelock took the sack o' demon to the summit. On the way, Edgar noticed that they were being observed by a mysterious man in a suit. They tossed the sack (which they oddly neglected to make sure still had a demon in it) into the volcano, and the island immediately began to quake violently.

Meanwhile, Derm, HEN and Urist were escaping from the burning forest retreat. The fire had extended to the jungle, and was spreading rapidly. After Derm accidentally encased Urist in a block of granite, they began racing through the jungle on Derm's recently summoned giant riding cat. The giant snake carried the granite block containing Urist and followed behind. Edgar, Frelock and Elica were still at the base of the volcano, but were flung violently through the air after Edgar and Frelock used their grappling hook arm and spring shoes (respectively) in tandem. The three of them flew halfway across the island, and landed in the ocean nearby the docks. By this time, Derm, HEN and Urist had reached the town and were heading toward the docks. Urist tried to free himself from the granite block by cutting it with his beard, but accidentally cut off his one remaining arm (the first was lost during the fusion incident and replaced temporarily with a swordfish) in the process. In his desperation, he learned to use his beard as a working limb and achieved TRUE DORFDOM.

The volcano erupted at that moment, showering the jungle with ash. The giant cat wandered off, Urist healed his own arm with his muscle-beard, and Edgar, Frelock and Elica began swimming toward shore. What adventures await these heroes when at last they escape the island of Helmath? Perhaps even the author does not know...
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110