Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299439 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Coupled with your comment that you and I may have been in the same place last weekend (atrociously unlikely though that may be), its starting to feel a bit like the Truman Show over here :P

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

I just realized, we're a few hours short of two days since the last turn. So Frelock will be NPC'd and I'll post soon.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Sorry, went to parent's house, and regrettably informed them that they needed a new hard drive.  Watched as my father decided "new hard drive" meant "new computer."  Then went on a quest to get them a new comp.  On the plus side I introduced them to the first two lord of the rings, basically acting as Mr. Exposition and Explanation.

Meta: Strike the head to kill the snake!

Fantasy: Continue to the volcano!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Frelock's alive! Huzzah!

In <8 hourse I'll be getting in a car, and I won't be climbing back out for 20 hours. So yeah.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Frelock's alive! Huzzah!

In <8 hourse I'll be getting in a car, and I won't be climbing back out for 20 hours. So yeah.
Twenty hours?! Are you driving halfway across the country or what?
On the plus side I introduced them to the first two lord of the rings, basically acting as Mr. Exposition and Explanation.
The best part of nerddom: flaunting your ridiculous amount of knowledge to the uninitiated.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Twenty hours?! Are you driving halfway across the country or what?
Meh. I've done that just getting to the other end of the state back home. What I want to know is what kind of vehicle can drive that long without refueling?

Actually, was curious about something in the game too, but I think I figured it out just as I finished writing the question. (I was confused how HEN could get a 1 on a healing roll, given his medkit and EMT training. But then I remembered the -2 for major medical operations.)
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Sorry about that, we had technical issues with one of the cameras while Monk was preparing for the return trip. *looks at monitor* Looks like he may be able to post soon, so we're good to go!

**********~
Turn 46
**********~

META TURN:
Xenocalamus!

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
G.U.N. Mobile

Actions
Meta: put john in the GM, and ride away from that enemy, than clean the blood from john.
(...) You grab John and ride to the other end of the room, then lay him next to the wall. (...) You manage to wipe up the blood on his face and put some... unicorn band-aids on the wounds. What are these doing in a first-aid kit on a military class space ship? You do this so quickly that you have time to fix John's nose too. (...) You manage to straighten John's nose (as he curses at you, apparently in great pain), but can't find a proper FUTURE CAST for it before John slaps you in the face and runs away.
Meta: Run away shouting for help.
(...) You black out for a moment, and wake up to find that JERK Kyle standing over you! You backhand him across the face, then run to the door and start banging on it and yelling for help!
RW: Channel my NERD RAAAAEEEEEG through the metal bar and attack mechanical serpent. FLAMING SWORD OF SRS BUZNESS! MC(Mecha spider): Use wireless systems to flood snakes senses with blinding white noise.
(...) MC is unable to access Xenocalamus's wireless sensors.
(...)
Derek: "This rod of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! NERD RAEG!!!"
With all your might, you swing the shimmering metal bar at Xenocalamus's head! (...) It effortlessly dodges the bar itself, but the wave of energy produced strikes it in the body and sends it flying into the wall! Hundreds of tiny metal appendages reach out of its underside and latch onto the wall, and it begins slithering overhead!
Meta: SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD! GRAB THE PLASMA RIFLE!
(...) Leaping through the air, you pull out your plasma rifle and shoot a bolt of plasma directly toward Xenocalamus's head! (...) It doesn't even see it coming, and the bolt strikes it right between the eyes! Half of its face is blasted off, revealing its mechanical innards!
Meta: Strike the head to kill the snake!
(...) You throw your scalpel at Xenocalamus, and it sticks in its non-bionic eye!
Quote from: Xenocalamus
HISSSSSSSSS
Xenocalamus leaps off the wall at John! (...) He jumps out of the way, but Xenocalamus's tail shoots out and grabs his ankle! He falls on his face as Xenocalamus descends on him! Suddenly, Xenocalamus's bionic eye begins to shine red!

Enormous Bionic Adder
Xenocalamus
----------------------------
Head: Ripped Open
Body: Singed and Battered
Tail: Fine

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Ripping off animes.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Bar | Mecha-spider (commanding)
Wounds: None
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Trowing sharp object at teh snaek lol.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Shooting at Xenocalamus.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Frag Grenade x3 | Plasma Rifle
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Wondering why he's still trying to help John at this point.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Floor Buffer | Rubber Gloves | Medkit
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Banging on the door.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Unicorn Band-aids
Wounds: Broken Hand | Heavy Bleeding | Broken Nose
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 46: Shining Rod SWORD!]
« Reply #517 on: February 22, 2011, 07:15:04 pm »

Good lord, so many atrocities, so little time.

... Screw it, Imma  Just roll with the evil wizard theme for now, see what happens.

RW: GIGA BAR TO THE FACE BREAKER (Use knowledge of computers to target his weak point.)

Spider: Attack.

FW: MORE SUMMONING MAGIC INTO THE BLOB! Then run like hell towards the volcano.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:23:22 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 22, 2011, 08:57:35 pm »

gah, that was MUCH MORE than 20 hours. Stupid snowstorm...

Meta: Use telekinetic powers to rip out mechanical innards

Fantasy: Fight wilderness

also new DF! wheeeeeee

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 22, 2011, 09:13:08 pm »

You ever going to expand the player list?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 22, 2011, 09:19:23 pm »

Meta: Calm down and thank Kyle.
Fantasy: Engage in conventional warfare.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 22, 2011, 09:21:14 pm »

Meta: Pullk out my mop, and use the GM to propel myself onto the boss' back
Fantasy: pull out 4 throwing-knifes, and prepare to throw them at the guards.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:32 pm »

MOST PRESSING CONCERN!!!

Will my black eye ever heal?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #523 on: February 22, 2011, 09:32:27 pm »

You ever going to expand the player list?
You mean the queue? Or the party itself?
MOST PRESSING CONCERN!!!

Will my black eye ever heal?
...Probably.
also new DF! wheeeeeee
Until the eminent bugfix on new features, I'm more excited about the new DF Talk. And Toady's apparent origin story in it.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 22, 2011, 09:45:11 pm »

I think he means the party itself.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 110