Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299359 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 4: Robots and HAIR METAL]
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2011, 01:02:38 am »

*cough*

Sry; out with GF for 2 days. New Years and all.

Meta: GTFO to med bay

Fantasy: become mildly depressed at the sale of my hammer, then ask around the shady underbelly about people near the mayor. become curious about servants.
Glad you made it. Your character might not, though...

More awesomeness this turn, mostly from monk.

**********~
Turn 5
**********~

META TURN:

Klaxons are blaring! You should probably get it together fast.

Goals
Get the hell out of wherever we are!

Current Soundtrack
Fire Cross

Actions
RW: Attempt poorly made splint of leg
(...) You hop over to the cabinet of medical supplies and pull out a splint and some painkillers. You pop 2 pills and lash the splint in place. Finally, your leg can heal!
Meta:
Clean up that blood.
(...) Back flipping off the floor buffer (that thing needs a name...), you dip your mop in the bucket sidecar in midair and clean up the swathe of blood in a single swoop! Not satisfied, you mop up the walls and floor all around the junction, stepping around Frederick and the robot's wrestling match as you do so. Squeaky clean!
Meta:Throw the robot to the ground and run into the Medical Bay.
(...) You swing the robot with all your might, buying yourself just enough time to dive into the medical bay and close the door behind you. You then promptly collapse on the floor and bleed some more.
Meta: Retrieve arm of fallen robot, use it and copious amounts of explosives to defeat horde of robots.
(...) Uttering several Bruce Campbell lines in preparation, you pick up a robotic arm and blow up the other robot with a well-placed burst of plasma. Suddenly, a group of 5 more robots comes running down the hall!
"I'm the lord of the harvest! GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" you scream as you spray the group with plasma bolts!

(...) Deftly dodging an incoming blast of plasma, you blow off the head of the foremost robot, then toss a grenade in the air. It detonates directly in center of the group of attack bots, sending a cloud of flame and shrapnel in every direction!
"Looks like you just got... " *you mentally put on sunglasses* "power washed."
YEEEEAAAAHHHH
Meta: GTFO to med bay
(...) You run screaming down the hall and slip, hitting your head on the floor! Everything goes dark.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Laying low in the Med Bay.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers
Wounds: Fractured Left Leg
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Fighting to stay conscious.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit
Wounds: Missing Arm | Very Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Pocketing grenades.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Frag Grenade x4 | Plasma Rifle
Wounds: None
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Mopping obliviously.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Floor Buffer | Rubber Gloves
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might

Player: bowdown2q
Name: Paulie
Description: My friend, it would be best... if you didn't know, capiche?
Currently: Dying.
Wounds: Unconscious | Heavy Bleeding x2 | Broken Hand
Abilities: Blackhand | Dumb Muscle | Go For Broke

Locations

Interrogation Room 7E-364: You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Medical Bay: It's got a ton of medical supplies, and a surgical table. That's all you can see now.

Janitor's Closet: Full of precious cleaning supplies!

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:07:54 am by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

RW: Limp out and down the hall, toward the elevator. (can we have a map of currently known areas?

FW: Water blast then run like hell.

COuld someone tell the thieves guild that I was with you guys and It was all a horrible mistake?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:56:07 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

(can we have a map of currently known areas?)
It's getting far too complicated to keep describing the map in words, so I'll make a map of each area. Keep in mind that, since this is RTD, the entire universe is like a schroedinger's city. So my maps are made as we go and will make no sense architecturally. Sort of like a Dwarven fortress, actually. :P But I'll do my best at making sense of it anyway.

The blue lines are windows, crosses are doors, and all the rooms are labeled. Future maps will follow a similar format.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

with what have ytou constructed that map? it;s sweet.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Meta: Desperately find something to stop the bleeding.

Fantasy:Help bowdown with getting info from thieves' guild.  Drop a little cash to get their tongues going if need be.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:41:03 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meta:
Help out the guy wrestling the robot.See if there is anything in the medical bay I can use to upgrade my trusty steed. (the name is The Gorden-freeman-mobile[Gorden-Mobile for short])
Fantasy:
go out of the shop, and 'admire'(look for a way in) the Mayor's Manor.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 07:58:02 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

with what have ytou constructed that map? it;s sweet.
AsciiDraw. It's very useful!
Meta:
Help out the guy wrestling the robot.

That robot's kinda dead now. Monk went nuts and destroyed them all.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

AAAAHHHHHH Links to Tvtropes. Ironically, the page that inspired the tabsplosion was Seen It All.

Meta: Attempt to save the life of Paulie, that his character might use his SCIENCE! to merge my grappling hook/arm/crossbow. Take Paulie to Sickbay, attempt to find and activate competent Robot Doctor.

Fantasy: Examine shipyard for a vessel that could easily be crewed by half a dozen men and may also be airworthy.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:59:51 pm by monk12 »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

I've decided that skilled medical attention can be attempted by any character. But if you are not, in fact, skilled, you get a -2 penalty to healing rolls. So be careful. In other news, the next turn is almost done.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Hm.

-2 unskilled.

-1 distracted by TV Tropes.

TAKE PAULIE TO MED BAY, FIND MED ROBOT

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meta: remain unconscious. Attempt to punch out Death if he comes. Or offer him a protection racket on his scythe.

Fantasy: as if we might join this raid on the mayor's home. nonchalantly ask if anybody's ever tried to kidnap him.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Uh, we need Frelock's fantasy action, then we can continue.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Sorry about that; I was mildly hung-over this morning.  Action edited.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Er, there was a typo. It's a harpoon gun Edgar bought, not a crossbow.

Nevermind, it turns out Frederick is the true badass.

**********~
Turn 6
**********~

META TURN:

"WELL DONE, PARTY 364. YOU HAVE PASSED YOUR FIRST CHALLENGE. THOSE ATTACK UNITS WERE ONLY THE FIRST OF MANY HOWEVER, SO I ADVISE THAT YOU MAKE HASTE. END TRANSMISSION."
You can feel the voice in your mind. It must be able to communicate to you all through your neural implants.

Goals
Get the hell out of wherever we are!

Current Soundtrack
Sanctuary

Actions
RW: Limp out and down the hall, toward the elevator.
(...) You manage to stand again, and leave the Medical Bay. What happened in here?! There's scrap metal and burn marks everywhere! Stepping around the debris, you motion for the others to follow when they are ready, and approach the elevator. It looks like a normal elevator, with up/down call buttons. You press the up button, step inside, and look out the window for the first time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Desperately find something to stop the bleeding.
(...) Receiving near-superhuman strength from an unknown source, you pull yourself onto your feet and grab for a roll of gauze and alcohol. Your eyes bug out of their sockets and you let forth a scream of primal rage as you pour the whole bottle of alcohol onto your wound! Kyle peeks in, gets a terrified expression on his face, then slowly backs away. Rapidly swinging the gauze around your torso, you manage to hold back the bleeding enough to patch yourself up. [If you had rolled anything but a six, you probably would have died!]
Meta:
See if there is anything in the medical bay I can use to upgrade my trusty steed. (the name is The Gorden-freeman-mobile[Gorden-Mobile for short])

(...) You decide it's about time to upgrade the Gordon MobileTM with something in the Medical Bay, so you- OH GOD WHAT IS FREDERICK DOING?!
...You decide now isn't the best time to upgrade the GM.
TAKE PAULIE TO MED BAY, FIND MED ROBOT
(...) You drag Paulie into the Med Bay (man, he's heavy) and look for something to help... THERE! There's a med robot deactivated and sitting in the corner. You press a large button on the back of its head, and it suddenly comes to life! It quickly rolls over to Paulie and shoots a blue syringe into his neck, then sprays some kind of translucent foam on his bleeding plasma burns. It wraps the foamy areas in a silky gauze, applies some kind of gelatinous cast to his hand, then turns toward Frederick. "No thanks, I got this covered." says Frederick, twitching a little. The robot shrugs, then rolls over to the corner and deactivates.
Meta: remain unconscious. Attempt to punch out Death if he comes. Or offer him a protection racket on his scythe.
(...)

"So, how's it goin'?" says Death.
"Uh... alright. Am I dead?"
"Probably not, seems you just got healed."
"Oh, that's good. Soooo... what are you doing here?"
"Oh, I've gotta stay here until you wake up. Kind of awkward, actua-"
You suddenly bolt upright, panting and sweating! You're in the med bay. Looking down, you see some gauze wrapped around your wounds.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Standing in the elevator.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers
Wounds: Fractured Left Leg
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Twitching and panting.
Wounds: Missing Arm | Very Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Standing in the med bay.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Frag Grenade x4 | Plasma Rifle
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Mopping obliviously.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Floor Buffer | Rubber Gloves
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might

Player: bowdown2q
Name: Paulie
Description: My friend, it would be best... if you didn't know, capiche?
Currently: Really confused.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Hand Cast
Wounds: Heavy Bleeding x2 | Broken Hand
Abilities: Blackhand | Dumb Muscle | Go For Broke

Locations

Interrogation Room 7E-364: You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Medical Bay: It's got a ton of medical supplies, and a surgical table. That's all you can see now.

Janitor's Closet: Full of precious cleaning supplies!

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:07:16 am by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 6: "Medi-bot?" "MEDI-BOT!"]
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2011, 03:06:37 am »

Just goes to show you, actuaries are REAL MEN!

Question: can I use my tweak the odds ability in addition to performing a normal action?

Meta: Talk to the medi-robot about replacement arms.

Fantasy: Formulate a cunning plan with the thieves guild...or listen to the plan they doubtlessly have already.  When are we moving in?  How much time will we have?  What are the exit strategies?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 110