Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299098 times)

iiowyn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 111: The Entertainment]
« Reply #1365 on: July 08, 2011, 10:53:42 am »

John Freeman is actually Jaime Hyneman...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 08, 2011, 10:55:44 am »

CANNOT UNSEE.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 08, 2011, 06:17:08 pm »

John Freeman is actually Jaime Hyneman...

Yeah, I thought that too. ;D (Too bad he isn't in the Fantasy world though... if the group killed a dragon or something he could have said, "Myth Busted!" in a really epic way.)
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1369 on: July 11, 2011, 01:27:33 am »

Alright, I'm back! Sorry for the wait, there've been a lot of things going on. But we're back on schedule now.

**********~
Turn 112
**********~

META TURN:

THIS IS THE FUTURE

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Potential For Anything

Actions
Meta: Follow Freeman.
(...) You stand over the prone Freeman, staring at him for a while.
Meta: "We're under attack! Quickly everyone, to the security pedestal!"
(...)

"We're under attack! Quickly everyone, to the security pedestal!"
"But we're nowhere near the battlefront right n-"
"My God, you're right! EVERYONE TO BATTLE STATIONS!"

The dining hall erupts into activity as the hundreds of jumpsuit clad diners leap into action! People start rushing out of the dining hall down the various hallways!

"This is Lieutenant Obutu, requesting all officers to the bridge!"

RW: Run into the kitchen and fill some canisters with gas to make ammo for my launcher.
(...) You grunt and crawl on the ground a bit.
RW: Ramp up the transmission power and try MC again.
(...)

"MC, can you hear me?!"
"Yes, stop shouting."
"Okay, see that panel up on the wall? I need you to hit that!"
"I'll see what I can do."

(...) MC leaps at the panel, but fails to touch it!

"No dice."
"Keep trying!"

Meta: Computer, activate super hard mode, DF, with a super-large world and a 1050 year history; embark on a 16x16 ocean map with a natural waterfall with as many cavern layers as possible.  Spend all embark points on cats, and set the ignition temperature for cat's fur in the raws to 10.
(...)
"Computer, activate super hard mode, DF, with a super-large world and a 1050 year history; embark on a 16x16 ocean map with a natural waterfall with as many cavern layers as possible.  Spend all embark points on cats, and set the ignition temperature for cat's fur in the raws to 10."

Checking scenario alias "DF"......... match found. This scenario was forbidden by Earth Federation officials for fear of compromising ship computers. Access denied.

"Pleeeeaaase?"

Access denied.

"Pwetty pwease with a chewwy on top?"

Access granted.

The world goes out of focus and disappears completely, replaced by total darkness. You can hear a faint chugging sound, like the holodeck computer is loading something huge. Suddenly, the world around you explodes into vibrant colors! Around you is a vast beach with towering cliffs overhead. The sea etends into the distance, out of sight. Considering your embark choices, this is surprisingly serene. You expected some kind of hell on earth. Everyone's standing still, too-

"Computer, press space bar."

You feel intense heat around you as all the cats spontaneously combust. Unfortunately, the burning cats seem to be the least of this embark's problems. You feel an enormous rumbling noise from beneath the earth, and the world around you begins to tear at the seams! The ground blows apart and sinks into a seemingly bottomless chasm as far as the eye can see, and the ocean ahead begins draining all at once into the chasm below! The sky darkens, and an intense red light emanates from the great swirling magma sea at the bottom of the cavern! The whole site tumbles down into the gaping crater, house-sized rocks plummeting around it!

Horrifying screams come from the darkness below, and an undulating pillar of screeching demons explodes from beneath the magma sea and blots out the sky! The heat becomes unbearable as you all continue to tumble toward the great magma sea, and you can see schools of ravenous magma carp gulping at you below!

A glowing aura around the padded holodeck walls dissipates, and you look around the room. Smoke is billowing out from the panel on the wall. The door (which now seems to be back in front of you) opens with a labored scrape, startling you a bit.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: All like, "Whoa man, that was nuts."
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Keen Helmet | Leather Gloves | Pencil x4 | Broken Guitar | Coffee Mug | Marshall C. Coburn (commanding) | Micro Mecha Spider (commanding?)
Wounds: Heavy Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Spraying blood from the eye that had a thermometer jammed further into it when he landed OH GOD
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds | (...)

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: A bit confused.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal | Mirror Suit
Wounds: None
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Laying on Cleanz0r.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack | Spray Can | Gas Mask | Bucket | Cleanz0r (commanding)
Wounds: Missing Legs | Triple Head Bumps | Blind
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy | Clairvoyance

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Thinking of trimming his beard into a wicked walrus 'stache.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm | Spacesuit | Arm Cannon | Paperweight x3
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall C. Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Abilities: Eye Laser | Web Shooter

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

Maintenance Deck 3, Engineering Lab

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 112: Framerate Apocalypse]
« Reply #1370 on: July 11, 2011, 01:36:48 am »

RW: Thank MC for his effort. Fuse Broken guitar, mini mecha spider, metal spear, and leather gloves. Make something Fucking awesome.
MC: Fire webbing at hostiles if they appear. (Does he have any webbing?)

FW: Me: Grab onto Mutie.
Rats: Grab onto Mutie.
Mutie: Katamari up the stairs. Na, na na na na na na na na katamari damacy~~~

Will MC ever get a sprite? 0u0
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:45:14 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 11, 2011, 10:32:47 am »

RW: Repeat last action.
FW: Recklessly charge into battle! (Help Frelock)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 11, 2011, 10:35:39 am »

Meta: Follow freeman
Fantasy: Find a safe-place.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 11, 2011, 08:37:29 pm »

Meta: Cautiously exit Holodeck

Fantasy: Explain my plight to my ghost/rat friend, and ask for any spectral assistance he can provide

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 14, 2011, 09:15:11 am »

Meta:See what I can do about this bloody eye.  Then pick up the thermometer for good luck.

Fantasy: If the thing is guilty, then commence with the stabbing.  If not, run off towards that tower with the windmills, looking for levers.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1375 on: July 14, 2011, 09:51:51 pm »

Okay, NOW we're back. I can't believe I got delayed between turns twice in a row...

**********~
Turn 113
**********~

META TURN:

Great, you broke it. Now what?

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Dynamo Core

Actions
RW: Thank MC for his effort. Fuse Broken guitar, mini mecha spider, metal spear, and leather gloves. Make something Fucking awesome.
MC: Fire webbing at hostiles if they appear. (Does he have any webbing?)
(...) You tear apart the leather gloves and re-stitch them into a little leather jacket for the mini mecha spider! THAT IS SO ADORABLE
(...) Try as he might, MC doesn't seem to have any webbing to shoot.

"how do i shot web"

RW: Repeat last action.
(...) You attempt to return to the kitchen that only exists in the simulation which you are no longer in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Luckily, this is the type of future setting you'd normally find in some kind of generic FPS game, so there's a small canister of gasoline inexplicably sitting nearby. You yoink it.
Meta: Follow freeman
(...) You watch Freeman walk out of the holodeck and retrieve something from the room outside.
Meta: Cautiously exit Holodeck
(...) Peeking around the corner, you see a lobby outside the holodeck. It's littered with all the debris that fell after you toward the holodeck. The room itself seems to be a junction between three areas: the holodeck, the laboratory you were in before, and another area to the left marked "Secondary Storage".
Meta:See what I can do about this bloody eye.  Then pick up the thermometer for good luck.
(...) You tear off more of your jumpsuit, wrapping it around your head to cover your bleeding eye. That should allow it to heal. You also pick up the thermometer and carry it with you.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Dressing up his dolls deadly attack droids.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Keen Helmet | Pencil x4 | Broken Guitar | Coffee Mug | Marshall C. Coburn (commanding) | Micro Mecha Spider (commanding)
Wounds: Heavy Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Patching up his eye.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm | Thermometer
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds | (...)

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Exploring.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal | Mirror Suit
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Laying on Cleanz0r.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack | Spray Can | Gas Mask | Bucket | Cleanz0r (commanding)
Wounds: Missing Legs | Triple Head Bumps | Blind
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy | Clairvoyance

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Collecting ammo.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm | Spacesuit | Arm Cannon | Paperweight x3 | Gasoline Canister
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall C. Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Abilities: Eye Laser | Web Shooter

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

Maintenance Deck 3, Engineering Lab

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 113: X1K6C1D]
« Reply #1376 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:10 pm »

RW: Loot holodeck machinery innards.
MC: Seek out webbing.

FW: Teleport up to Frelock.
Mutie: Continue Katamari-ing. Grab stragglers as you pass by.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:01:01 pm by dermonster »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »

Meta: Loot Secondary Storage

Fantasy: Find the rest of the team

My soul-mate is a ghost rat. Hilarious.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:00 pm »

RW: Enter secondary storage.
FW: Lift spherical object with beard.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »

Meta: Try to have My Gauss Rifle Matirialize out of the computer realm into the meta realm.
Fantasy: WIll the water to lift me up and float (AKA gain Hydromancy)
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 110