Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299060 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 99: 240 Miles per Soul]
« Reply #1215 on: June 01, 2011, 02:35:27 pm »

RW: Look for a hallway or something, cannon ready.
FW: Rudely interrupt:
"Hey guys, can any one of you make my sideburns stronger?"

I wish to craft a three handed sword, for fun. Maybe I can charge it with ghost energy.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 01, 2011, 02:36:33 pm »

I could, but this is turn 100, So I'm doing dangerous and awesome things FOR SCIENCE!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 01, 2011, 04:34:59 pm »

Meta: Look for materials to make a true Gauss Rifle.
Fantasy: Wake up and heal myself.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:34 pm »

Fantasy: "Well, I KNOW we're trapped in a simulated world full of AI's while our meatier halves try to survive aboard a ship in the deep reaches of space at the mercy of an insane computer that may or may not have eliminated civilization as we know it. I SUSPECT a great many other things- for one, that you were once in our situation."

Meta: DESTROY FLASHY LIGHTS

My normal posting order has been momentarily disrupted for comedic effect. Just in case you didn't figure that out.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 02, 2011, 01:53:10 pm »

Fantasy: "Well, I KNOW we're trapped in a simulated world full of AI's while our meatier halves try to survive aboard a ship in the deep reaches of space at the mercy of an insane computer that may or may not have eliminated civilization as we know it. I SUSPECT a great many other things- for one, that you were once in our situation."

Breaking the fourth wall, I see... Whelp, I guess I got to go erase that line in the Trope Page (I'll wait until the turn is posted, though). At least your only breaking one layer of the fourth wall though.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 02, 2011, 08:50:25 pm »

Let's see how many Meta-s we can get in this thread. Anybody want to play a game of DnD with the pirates in the fantasy world?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 03, 2011, 01:05:06 am »

Let's see how many Meta-s we can get in this thread. Anybody want to play a game of DnD with the pirates in the fantasy world?
There's meta gaming, and then there's recursive gaming.  I'm pretty sure this would fall under the latter.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1222 on: June 03, 2011, 02:26:28 am »

Breaking the fourth wall, I see... Whelp, I guess I got to go erase that line in the Trope Page (I'll wait until the turn is posted, though). At least your only breaking one layer of the fourth wall though.
You're looking for this trope in that case. Of course, assuming what Monk is saying is the absolute truth, the fantasy world isn't a truly fictional universe.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 03, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »

You're looking for this trope in that case. Of course, assuming what Monk is saying is the absolute truth, the fantasy world isn't a truly fictional universe.

I had pointed out in the trope page that no one in the fantasy world had bothered to break the fourth wall between fantasy and meta UNTIL this turn. Despite the fact that it was there for the breaking the whole time... in fact... it was one of the few things that wasn't broken by these guys. I think though whether or not the fantasy world is "real" has no real effect on the fourth wall breaking, it's just a slightly different kind of fourth wall.

Thanks for the No Inner Fourth Wall trope I haven't seen that one before.

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1224 on: June 04, 2011, 08:41:15 am »

The next turn is a travel turn! Post three fantasy actions.

META TURN:

What the-

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Potential For Anything

Actions
Meta: Get up, look around, and stab the first hostile enemy that comes our way.
(...) You stand up and get a good look at the room. It looks to be a perfectly cubic room, the walls made of some kind of soft, slightly amorphous material. The only exit seems to be the door you fell through, which is on the ceiling from your perspective. The only other notable feature in the room is the flashing control panel on the wall.
RW: Analyze substance. Gain new ability.
(...) You attempt to analyze the substance with your helmet, but it suddenly goes haywire as the world spins around you! You're not sure what's happening, but the whole room has suddenly erupted into bright light!
RW: Look for a hallway or something, cannon ready.
(...) You skirt the edges of the room, unable to find any exits other than the one that you all fell through.
Meta: Look for materials to make a true Gauss Rifle.
(...) You are immediately blinded by a bright light as you stand up and look around!
Meta: DESTROY FLASHY LIGHTS
(...) You send a wave of glowing plasma at the wall, obliterating the flashy lights! A pre-recorded message booms from a set of unseen loudspeakers.

Holodeck malfunction. Please exit in an orderly manner and call a ship maintenance staff member immediately. Have a nice da-
€ƒ}÷ ~@T¶TA¶4Aˆ0S%Ï3{¿}^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%Ï}÷ ~÷ ~@T¶TA¶^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%ψ0S%Ï3{¿}^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%Ï}÷ ~÷ ~@T¶TA¶^]¡A¶4ˆ0S%Ï3{¿}^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%Ï}÷ ~÷ ~@T¶TA¶^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%ψ0S%Ï3{¿}^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%S%Ï}÷ ~÷ ~@T¶TA¶^]¡A¶4ˆ0ST¶TA¶^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%ψ0S%Ï3{¿}^]¡A¶4Aˆ0S%Ï}÷ ~÷

The room suddenly fills with a blinding light, pervasive and absolute. The world around you fades from existence, replaced by something new and unfamiliar.

You are all in a 10x10x10m metal cube. Lining three of the four walls of the cube are nine dark metal pedestals, each marked with a roman numeral from I to IX. On the fourth wall is a bright green panel with nine dark yellow buttons, marked with the same numerals. Above the panel is a sign that reads "Control Panel. Touch me." Below the panel is another sign reading "Hepl". In the top right corner of the panel is a small square with an X on it. Built into the same fourth wall are latches which open quantum containers of unknown contents.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: ?
Inventory: Underwear
Wounds: Heavy Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds (...)

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Inventory: Underwear | Balloon Animal
Wounds: Broken Rib
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Wounds: Missing Legs | Triple Head Bumps | Blind
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy | Clairvoyance

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Wounds: None
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

Maintenance Deck 3, Engineering Lab

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:57:28 am by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 100: Polyworld Psychosis]
« Reply #1225 on: June 04, 2011, 12:01:34 pm »

Meta: Press a random button, Than open container. In that order.
Fantasy: Heal myself.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:36:43 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 04, 2011, 12:42:04 pm »

RW: Open the containers and use the contents to break the walls of the room.
FW:
-Strengthen sideburns
-Find steel
-Craft three handed sword to wield
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:50:54 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1227 on: June 04, 2011, 12:53:27 pm »

RW: Shoot side of cube to see if we can break out.
Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Wounds: None
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 04, 2011, 01:51:38 pm »

*chortles* I see what you did there Gatleos.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 04, 2011, 02:49:59 pm »

Oh, in that case, changing it.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 110