Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Die2nite Mega-Town - Part Deux! Game is GO!  (Read 7871 times)

TWeaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2nite Mega-Town - Part Deux! Game is GO!
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2011, 07:54:17 am »

Arg. Sorry I died last night, computer problems. Well, that and lack of sleep catching up with me. Slept most of the afternoon until 10pm game time, then my computer wouldn't POST. Got it working this morning - I think the 40% OC finally caught up with it a bit ;D

Anyway wish you guys the best of luck getting to Day 25. Hopefully it won't be too hard for ya with how well we were doing.

Also, you might do well to recycle my house. I don't know if it does but maybe it will get you back the resources used for my kitchen and lab. You'll need someone else to get a lab - I'd say Jachu since he's already the pill'ead :P

I'm probably gonna take a break from the game for a bit too. Let me know if there's any decent updates to the game that might make it interesting again - that ghoul thing that the French version sounded pretty cool. Also, let me know if the mods stop being dicks and the devs get their act together for our version :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:34 am »

The desert takes us all... 1 by 1... not the zombies...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2011, 05:54:02 pm »

Double Post!

Day 25...

And so the zombies have finally caught up to the desert...

20 points to the zombies
20 points to the desert

Well played desert... well played.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2011, 07:55:57 pm »

That was a good run :D

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2011, 08:27:08 pm »

I screwed up somewhere along the line and I can't find the final list of civilian's deaths and the Last Man Standing. Who did get LMS? Our town isn't registered as Season 1 :(
Also, are we starting another megatown any time soon?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:33:16 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »

No, taking a break.  Kinda burned out.   (I freakin randomed into a +20 day potential town for jah's sake...)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:22 pm »

I hope we can make another town soon, but as Zangi said, many people are burned out. I'm going to be messing about in throw away towns for the time being to unlock new hero abilities. Given that our defense was way above that of everyone else, and half of us died due to inactivity or life issues until the very end, I think we could easily beat the Day 26 record if we made another attempt.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

TWeaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »

I'm holding out and saving my hero days and trying to take a break from games that require me to log on regularly or at specific times of the day. It's a bit of a relief :P

How many days did you guys get to in the end then? Nice to see a few of you up in the top soul points.

Merlon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2011, 03:51:20 am »

Here are some of the logs from Wooden Theatre of on High.

Waterlog: (does not account for usage in construction, or constructions adding to the well.)
We started with 4 waterbuildings and 173 water in the well. Water was (almost) never an issue. (Mega pump was never built)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Defensive items, also not taking construction into account:
(This is pretty much all from scavenging as we didn't have any good defensive item building. We peaked at 199 items.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Losing 11 people the first week didn't make for the best start, but we still did amazingly well!

How many days did you guys get to in the end then? Nice to see a few of you up in the top soul points.
We made it to day 25. 4k+ zombies....

TWeaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2011, 07:17:04 am »

Day 25?! Wow! That was my target for that town, glad some of you did it! It must be a record.. it's the longest I know of.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2011, 08:03:17 am »

Day 25?! Wow! That was my target for that town, glad some of you did it! It must be a record.. it's the longest I know of.

Disturbed Plaines managed to cruise to Day 26 with incredibly low zombie counts. Most of them died to zombie numbers we were dealing with on Day 23. Though they did lack the water buildings we benefited from, so it's not like they didn't deserve their success. I think another town (Red Center?) also made it to Day 26 successfully right after Plaines did.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2011, 06:33:37 pm »

I keep dying on like day 1 or 2. >.>
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

ao13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2011, 11:12:27 am »

any chance another town starting before season 1 ends?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2011, 11:26:25 am »

any chance another town starting before season 1 ends?
Eh, if someone organizes one, you'd probably grab a few from the last town.  But, we've scattered to the winds already.  At least, give it 1-2 weeks notice to gather people if you can wait that long...

I'm just playing for myself till probably season 2-3... when/if new end-days stuff gets implemented.  Survive +20 days and you seen most of everything... rest comes from taking it easy...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2011, 05:21:35 pm »

I've sorta been drifting about. Not really putting much effort into it as school started up and I'm awfully busy lately.

I'm still game for any town though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9