Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Succession game - ultimate survival  (Read 1247 times)

Neth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Succession game - ultimate survival
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:28:55 pm »

Hello to everyone. I propose for 6 o'ya + me a great challenge.
Imagine, that you are a team of explorers, lost in wilderness or badlands with no hope of someone find you. We decided to encamp in some location and survive for as long as we can. Some scrap traders will eventualy find us, but they have no interest in saving us.

Following rules are applied for this game:
1) only 7 players allowed - please set d_init population_max to 1, all migrants will be killed
2) no buildings underground - only stocks and farms allowed (yes, no pumps underground, and there will be aquifier)
3) no wood axe chopping
4) you can't trade for weapons (incl. picks and xbows), only for metal, ore etc.

Rules for dwarfing:
1) you can pick 1 dwarf and his larbour (no restrictions exept for mining and woodcutting)
2) you can pick 1 animal that cost <101 points
3) you can pick one of following
 a) copper axe (1 for team)
 b) copper pick (1 for team)
 c) copper sword
 d) copper hammer
 e) 10 of any stone
 f) 10 of any wood
 g) 15 of any booze (everyone can drink it)
 h) 15 of any 2 points cost food (everyone can eat it)
 i) any item from armor, clothing, rope, backpack, quiver, flask type with summar cost =<30
 j) wooden xbow
 k) 20 of any seed (can be mixed. remember, that it wont be easy)

choose your item carefully

Turn rules:
If some dwarf dies during the turn, then:
1) if it's your dwarf - you are free to reload the game if you still have time to play your turn (1 week)
2) if it's someone's else dwarf - again, you are free to reload, but if you decide to post the game - owner of the dead dwarf will be removed from basic turn sequence, but new reality will be created by giving this turn to the owner of the dead dwarf, so he can save him. Also, sequence in this altered reality will be reversed.
tl;dr - your turns will be managed by me, dont worry, but expect, that your turn might start anytime.

Players:
1. Neth - 5 carpentry, 2 diagnost, 1 sut, 1 bonedoc, 1 wounddres, 1 cat female, 1 copperaxe
2. Crocatova - 5 blsmth, 5 hammerdw, 1 dog male, 10 stones (type(s) not selected)
3. Mega Matikus - 3 mason, 2 mec, 1 bdis, 4 points left, 1 dog female, 10 stones (type(s) not selected)
4. AngleWyrm - 5 farming, 2 cook, 2 brew, 1 plantproc, 1 cat male, 20 seeds (10 sweetpods, 10 plumphelmets)
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

Map details:

--In progress--

Turn management:
1. - pending
2. - no turn
3. - no turn
4. - no turn
5. - no turn
6. - no turn
7. - no turn
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:01:23 am by Neth »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession game - ultimate survival
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 01:52:55 pm »

Well that's exactly what happens in "The Last Fortress Succession" now. Dwarves were wiped out in natural way there and now they got only five migrants during last five years. They have a shortage of players now, why don't you try? (Or if you insist, you could borrow their world for new fort.)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Neth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 01:57:54 pm »

nop, for this game I need _absolutely_ no migrants

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 02:33:51 pm »

You can't avoid the two waves that show up in the first summer and autumn. You can, however, label them traitors and toss them under a bridge.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 05:08:44 pm »

pity... okay, so be it... topic will be modified soon

Neth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »

signup started

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 02:42:44 pm »

Ill give this a go. Gimme a dwarf that is a smith/hammerdwarf. Give him one regular dog (he must be later trained into a war dog <he starts off cheaper untrained>). You said 10 of any stone. Can that be separated into 10 separate stone types?
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Neth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 10:31:07 am »

yes. Please more ppl join

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 12:42:31 pm »

I suppose ill give it ago, i want...3masonry, 2mechanic, 1building designer, 10 stone, a normal dog of opposite sex
All ur fort are belong to us!!

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:01:24 pm »

@MegaMartikus, it looks like you still have four skill points you can spend on your character.

I'll be a Farmer-5/Cook-2/Brewer-2/Plant Processor-1/Herbalist-0, and I'll take 10 plump helmet spawn and 10 sweet pod seeds, and one male cat.

Question: Will we be raising children? It may be exceptionally difficult to roll an all-male team...chances are something like 1/128. But I think there's a setting in the init files that can shut off births, if that's the way we want to go.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 07:46:52 pm by AngleWyrm »

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 08:29:30 pm »

Hey Neth, you still around?

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 09:32:51 pm »

*sigh* another fort abandoned before the earth has even been tread upon, let alone struck by the tools of dwarven expansion... Armok sheds a magma laden tear unto Neth's sleeping quarters whilst he slumbers...
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Neth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 03:53:06 am »

still around. Don't worry.
still searching for an easy way to limit population

And an answer - no children, no migrants

Also note, underground farming will be hard
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:03:34 am by Neth »

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 04:02:17 am »

The way to limit population cap is with [POPULATION_CAP:200] in the file d_init.txt in the init folder. Set the number part to 7, but the first two migrant waves will come reguardless, and will have to be terminated.

Also in that file is a line that limits babies:

"This allows you to control the number of babies+children in your fortress.  The first number is an absolute cap on the number of babies+children.  The second is a percentage of the current number of adults in your fortress (the default is the essentially meaningless 1000% here).  The lower number is used as the cap.  The cap only prevents further pregancies, so migrant children, multiple births and existing pregnancies from old saves can still push you over the cap.  Setting either number to zero will disallow pregnancies in the fortress."

[BABY_CHILD_CAP:100:1000]

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:05:50 am by AngleWyrm »

Neth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 04:06:07 am »

problem is that I still get migrants even with a popcap of 1, but some ppl say, that there will be only 2 waves in this case, so this migrants can be slaughtered for a greater good. Their stuff and pets are another problem however.
Pages: [1] 2