Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21219 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!
« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2011, 06:23:31 pm »

"The bullet wounds tripped me off to that, but I'm glad I have my suspicions confirmed. And I'm also not-glad, because we may have found their base of operations. If there's anyone who is good at languages, I'd like them to come with me back into the cave, because right now, I'm getting the feeling that we might be camping at someone else's back door. Japa, do you still remember the campsite you found?"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2011, 06:25:25 pm »

I know a fair amounts of languages. I'll go and have a look. Also, those wounds were not bullet wounds. I do not know if any of you dreamed of being pursued by laser-toting soldiers, but it may soon come true.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2011, 06:28:35 pm »

Just quick question, what about my little harvesting action???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »

I'll spend:
4 hours searching for Flint or obsidian (or anything like it :) )
If i find Obsidian: spend 2 hours making tool heads, 75% axheads 25% Spearheads
If I Don't Find Obsidian: Spend 2 hours exploring the immediate area around the cave cataloging things of interest.
Back to Mafia with me!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »

Unless that mountain is a volcano, there is no chance of you finding obsidian- and even then it would only occur very high up, if the temperature is cold enough.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2011, 06:45:32 pm »

Also, we did found stuffs in the village. 5 edible roots, 3 stone and bone hatchets, 4 shovels and a steel machete, with some weird writing on it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:47:10 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2011, 06:46:27 pm »

May I have one?
Also, did you want Barbarossa or I to go with you into the cave, or are you right?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:50:18 pm by Tack »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »

I'm not carrying them, ask Aquizzar. Also, I'll take the Machete with me, to compare the stamp on it with the writing on the door, and the signs I saw on that crate back at the village.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:54:59 pm by Sheb »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2011, 06:51:54 pm »

I'll follow Sheb then, see if I can be useful.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2011, 06:53:56 pm »

a steel machete, with some weird writing on it.
Can you describe the writing? The door Tack and I found inside the cave had some form of Kanji on it, I know that. It's either in Chinese, Korean, or whatever they speak in Vietnam. It can't be Japanese because there are no hiragana particles. I can show it to you, if you want.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2011, 06:59:25 pm »

Well, I'll use some sharp, flaky stone, and cut some bits off a long piece of wood, and see if I can't make a knife- or a few knives.

And then I might make another stretcher, for the new items we have, plus find some way to keep the flint together. A sack, perhaps?

It's not Chinese. Too many circles and curves in it.

My first guess would be Indonesian, but I'm as ignorant as the rest.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:32 pm »

Vietnamese and Indonesian are written using roman letter (although with some extra curves for Vietnamese). It could be Thai, Burmese or Lao.
As for the crate, I don't know, they didn't look like anything I know. As far as I know they might have been marking and not words.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 09, 2011, 07:06:50 pm »

"Um......

I can't read it but I think I recognized the symbols in what they could be. Manga Raws and all that help me notice what kind of Asian Lang I might be looking at...

I think its Korean or something like that..."
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 09, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »

Thinking about it, the charachter on the machete definitely look Korean. ((I couldn't display them on my other computer, but looking at them now, they're definitely korean.))

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 09, 2011, 07:17:53 pm »

Vietnamese and Indonesian are written using roman letter (although with some extra curves for Vietnamese). It could be Thai, Burmese or Lao.
As for the crate, I don't know, they didn't look like anything I know. As far as I know they might have been marking and not words.
It's not Thai that's on that door. I use Thai as a substitute for the Grippli language in one of my D&D games, and the characters are much smaller. Chinese is usually written vertically, and it looked like the door was more left to right. I'd go with Korean. Does anyone know it? Or any Kanji, really, the symbols mean the same thing. I wish Vector were here.

>I will show the person who found the strange writing in the village to the door in the cave. We'll compare the two writings and see if we can't decode it like a cryptogram. It'll be easier when the characters are entire nouns, right?

((For reference, the door reads as such: 출입 허용되지 않습니다. 위험에 처해 있어!))

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31