Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21199 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 1, afternoon, complete!
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2011, 09:37:30 pm »

Help guard our stuff.
[/post]

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2011, 10:14:09 pm »

Grab any large available stick, choosing for springiness and length, and try to find some sturdy vines, or create some by twining a few together. I'm also going to search out long straight branches, and work on a bow with some branch arrows.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2011, 10:20:21 pm »

"Hey guys, what's been happening around here? and where is everybody?"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2011, 10:58:06 pm »

General word of warning: Strife is back on base, and limited to a few minutes of online time a day, while he's still in-country before shipping out.  So he's probably going to be barely active if at all for the foreseeable future.
That's cool, he let me know he'd be mostly unavailable after the 2nd, so...yeah.

Hmmm. Well, for now, I'd like to sneak up to the cave as best I can, without entering. Barbarossa, you're the only other person with the same agility as me, so if you could help me scope the place out, I'd be glad. We don't want to make too many noises while we don't know where any bad-people are
Sounds like a plan. Depending on the height of the cliff/ledge, scaling it may be an issue, but I'll certainly help sneak up there and scope it out.
You can easily walk up to the ledge via a series of rock outcroppings that sort of look like steps. Just be careful, they're slick. The ledge is about 10 feet up.

Rough sizing on the coral?
Anywhere from 1"x1" to 1.5"x3".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 02, 2011, 11:01:44 pm »

Scratch that last order. I'm going to find a big, sturdy stick, then stay with our inventory and guard it.
[/post]

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 02, 2011, 11:21:12 pm »

Quote from: MaximumZero
Hmmm. Well, for now, I'd like to sneak up to the cave as best I can, without entering. Barbarossa, you're the only other person with the same agility as me, so if you could help me scope the place out, I'd be glad. We don't want to make too many noises while we don't know where any bad-people are
Sounds like a plan. Depending on the height of the cliff/ledge, scaling it may be an issue, but I'll certainly help sneak up there and scope it out.
You can easily walk up to the ledge via a series of rock outcroppings that sort of look like steps. Just be careful, they're slick. The ledge is about 10 feet up.
Alright, then my idea is that we scale the ledge on the completely opposite side of the cave mouth to that.
How hard does it look, and what's underneath us if we fall?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:43:04 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2011, 01:51:17 am »

The opposite side has less "steps" that are wider apart, but it still doesn't look overly difficult. If you fell, you'd be looking at A) black stone, and then B) fruit bushes. Well, that or C) water, depending on which way you fell.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50:05 am »

" Well someone should make some fishing poles we can fish from the lake ." I will shapen my hunting stick

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2011, 04:44:35 am »

Alright. I like that idea. Easy to climb, and not where the hypotheticals would expect someone to come up.

What do you think, Barbar?"
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2011, 06:17:51 am »

So, I think there's two things that need doing: First, a couple of people or so should take this turn to rest, so they can stay up and watch the camp on the next one. I'd be more than happy to do this myself, but I also think it's important that we at least start building on a shelter - even if it's just a simple for-the-time-being leanto-shaped wind shelter - before most people go to sleep. Granted, of course, that we have time to accomplish anything before dark sets in, otherwise it might be better to leave it 'till the morning.
So: 1, Do we have anyone good at building in the camp? I'm not a builder myself, hence why I thought I could rest this turn and guard the next?
2, Is anyone else up for late night guard duty?  ;)

And lastly; Max-O, how long can we estimate it to be before it's to dark to work?
Love, scriver~

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2011, 06:19:33 am »

May I be some guy who washes up on the beach, because I REALLY WANT TO JOIN.
 :P
If so I will make a character sheet
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2011, 07:15:51 am »

And lastly; Max-O, how long can we estimate it to be before it's to dark to work?

It's currently late afternoon. Being unsure of where exactly in the world you are, you'd say that you can probably work throughout the evening. That is, of course, unless someone builds a fire.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2011, 07:30:00 am »

I say we try and get a fire started while it's light out.

However, I'm a good construction person. The question is, would I be more useful making shelter, or scoping out the cave?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2011, 08:09:36 am »

is there anybody left back at the beach? cus that's where I headed to.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2011, 09:04:32 am »

I'll start making the tools already.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31