Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21181 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Game on!
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:56 pm »

Start heading in the direction of the village, sticking to brush as much as possible.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2010, 06:14:55 pm »

Final action: Head to the cave site, while hauling things that need hauling, such as the fridge.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2010, 08:43:47 pm »

Well, first up, I'll sift through the jagged metal, and try to find a short strip which I can stomp out, and then cut a sleeve free and wrap it around the base for a makeshift knife. Hopefully i can use that to make our path a little clearer for people following afterwards.

Afterwhich, I'll help with packing things up, and bundling it into hammocks.

And then I think we travel.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2010, 11:28:03 pm »

Always heard that typing with drunk was supposed to be intreste d, decidec to try it out. Pleas e leave this for me to reasd tomorrow : D
Back to Mafia with me!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 31, 2010, 11:31:51 pm »

Not all that interesting, I'm afraid. Barely enough to distract me from not updating the map and making a legend for it . . . I'll get around to it. Maybe. Eventually.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2011, 04:11:14 pm »

Okay folks, just waiting on adwarf to post his final action (provided Aqizzar still wants to go to the village.) Then I'll do my rolling and writing thing, and we'll continue. Happy new year, everyone!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2011, 08:49:01 pm »

happy new year Max0
Back to Mafia with me!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2011, 02:32:28 am »

More importantly, adwarf is taking his time, so make him follow what the majority of people are doing.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2011, 02:48:18 am »

I'll give him til tomorrow evening. Then I'll do the turn, either way.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2011, 11:45:55 am »

Follow the group if they move oterwise i shall hunt where I did last time

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2011, 07:57:40 pm »

As the sun reaches to a point almost straight above you, the group decides to split up. Barbarossa spends a little time telling Strife how to get to the village, and Aqizzar and Neyvn offer to join him on his scouting trip. Sheb also offers to join, as soon as he is finished making a stretcher to carry stuff to the cave. Lordnincompoop, Scriver, and Kitsunin offer their help to Sheb, and get the stretcher done in virtually no time at all. Most of the crew are moving stuff over to the minifridge as the stretcher is completed, and Aqizzar, Sheb and Neyvn take off west along the beach, led by Strife. (You four will get your turns via PM.) Tack fishes through the scrap for something that looks like a blade, but comes up with nothing but a nifty idea in its place.

After all of the supplies are gathered up, Japa strolls into camp carrying a long, somewhat leafy stick and four things that look like large, oblong coconuts, as well as a handful of dried fruits. Diakron states that he will be staying on the beach, to look for more wreckage from the plane, noting that it should be easy enough to follow the tracks of nine other guys. AntiAntiMatter and adwarf have an easy time picking up the stretcher loaded with all the supplies (aside from the rocks), as the minifridge fits nicely on sonerohi's shoulder. Tack leads the crew to the east, into the grasslands and uphill a short way, until the mountain looms directly north. He then turns toward the mountain, and leads the crew through the undergrowth and brush. Kitsunin pulls up a couple of aloe plants easily, and gently places them on the stretcher, as to not break them.

The floor of the rainforest is surprisingly clear, but it is very dark, even at midday. The hissing of snakes in the trees above you is worrisome, but fairly distant. The ground is uneven and thick with tangled roots, but they do not impede you too badly. After about 1km hike, you fight through underbrush again, and come out into a grassy clearing. There is a small, crystal clear lake in the middle of the clearing, fed by a waterfall running down a black stone outcropping. Behind the waterfall is a ledge, and on that ledge is the mouth of a cave. It would be almost nothing to climb up to. Around the lake are several patches of dark soil, almost completely black in color. Many colorful fish swim in the lake, splashing quietly in the sunlight. From the clearing, you can see the mountain loom ominously to the north, as directed by Tack's makeshift stone compass near the cave. Barbarossa heads immediately to the far side of the clearing, near the cave, finding a bush containing several fist-sized peach fruits that resemble apples. Kitsunin notes that one of the patches of dirt nearest the western side of the clearing has been dug in, and there are jagged rows of what look to be long stalks covered in tiny blue flowers growing there.

Sheb,Lordnincompoop [+.2 Construction]
Scriver, Kitsunin [+.1 Construction]

Group [+1 stretcher, -2 torn floatation devices, -2 sticks]

Diakron spends several hours walking up and down the entire south end of the island. It soon becomes apparent that there will be no more signs of the plane today, but he comes away with several jagged pieces of coral, and a handful of teeth like the ones scriver found earlier in the day.

[+7 Sharp Teeth, +9 pink coral pieces, +.1 Foraging]

By now, the sun is starting to sink toward the western horizon. Strife, Aqizzar, Sheb and Neyvn have not yet returned from their mission.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2011, 08:07:42 pm »

Well, the place has the faint signs of being inhabited. Or previously inhabited.

Hmmm. Well, for now, I'd like to sneak up to the cave as best I can, without entering. Barbarossa, you're the only other person with the same agility as me, so if you could help me scope the place out, I'd be glad. We don't want to make too many noises while we don't know where any bad-people are.

First, though, I want to secure the fridge and items in a small copse of plants, so that they can't be seen.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 1, afternoon, complete!
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »

Rough sizing on the coral?

While waiting for the scout team to return, I'll start erasing the signs of so many people being here, and the main trail leading to the cave (brush tracks out mostly) leaving just a few sign that someone survived
Back to Mafia with me!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2011, 09:29:26 pm »

Hmmm. Well, for now, I'd like to sneak up to the cave as best I can, without entering. Barbarossa, you're the only other person with the same agility as me, so if you could help me scope the place out, I'd be glad. We don't want to make too many noises while we don't know where any bad-people are
Sounds like a plan. Depending on the height of the cliff/ledge, scaling it may be an issue, but I'll certainly help sneak up there and scope it out.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »

General word of warning: Strife is back on base, and limited to a few minutes of online time a day, while he's still in-country before shipping out.  So he's probably going to be barely active if at all for the foreseeable future.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31