Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21176 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Game on!
« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2010, 06:48:44 pm »

Ah shit, I ignored the thread for a couple days, and now I'm waaay behind.  Call it post-crash shock.

Okay, so there's a cave, and a village full of dead people?  And Strife's military instincts are telling him to find cover.  Well, I'd be more than happy to search the village for clues and/or useful stuff.  I'll take a sharp stick or pole from the wreckage, a torch if I can make one (do we have anything to light fires, since sticks together is really hard?), and a wet cloth to tie over my mouth.

Is there somewhere to collect all the information, like inventories and stuff?  Because I don't really know what I'm carrying.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2010, 06:58:38 pm »

Also, we're not sure who killed the villagers, and that area I found looks like the perfect place for a camp. If I had a chart of all of the most dangerous things I could miss, an old campfire would be one of them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »

Firemaking is extremely simple. All we need is a rock (smaller than our soccer ball sized ones), two sticks, and bark.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2010, 07:05:40 pm »

My prefered fire starting methods:

#1 A lighter (damn TSA not letting me carry incend. weapons on commercial flights. I'm guessing that our dear GM wouldn't let me have the MRE I habitually keep with me on planes as well, containing matches and an ever-fun FRH)

#2 Matches

#3 Battery short circuit (run some steel wool between two terminals and it'll form a coal, one can get to flash point of most tinders just with some copper wire)

#4 Lens (just like frying ants, doable with sunlight and a pair of glasses)

#5 Fire drill (the old standby)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2010, 08:19:26 pm »

"You're probably right.  It's not too hard to find anyway, so long as you follow the beach."

(FINAL ACTION) >Follow the main group, watching for edible plants along the way. I'm not liable to find anything with my botany skill, but it's worth a shot. All I know is that...

'Berries white are a poisonous sight, berries red might leave you dead, and berries blue are good for you.'

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2010, 08:34:28 pm »

Flint and steel, too, Strife.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2010, 09:06:48 pm »

I'm  not the biggest fan of flint and steel. Firstly, there's the problem of finding the stuff, even if you've got a chunk of flint and a blade, it's not all that easy to start tinder with just sparks. I carried around a flint chunk for a long while (I lost it at some point). During one JROTC class I was challenged to start a fire with it. Heck if I could get anything other than short lived sparks and a nice burnt smell.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2010, 04:31:42 am »

I myself would also like to look into this village...

Also, Strife.. Why a blade... \\points to scrap metal from the wreck\\
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2010, 05:09:40 am »

"I do have glasses to start a fire with if we need too. And I'm able to live fairly well without them, so if the main group want them for a while, I can let your have them."

Having said that, Sheb return working on the stretchers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2010, 09:22:50 am »

I'm  not the biggest fan of flint and steel. Firstly, there's the problem of finding the stuff, even if you've got a chunk of flint and a blade, it's not all that easy to start tinder with just sparks. I carried around a flint chunk for a long while (I lost it at some point). During one JROTC class I was challenged to start a fire with it. Heck if I could get anything other than short lived sparks and a nice burnt smell.

The trick is to use something with a long draw and a rough edge, like a file or a bread knife. Well, that or LOTS of kindling.

Anyway, the actual reason for my post is to request everyone's finalized actions. There's lots of suggestions and group talk and whatnot, but Sheb, Japa and Barbar seem to be the only ones whom I actually know what they are doing.

Fakeedit: I know this is way behind, but here are answers to Strife's questions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:23:41 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2010, 09:43:32 am »

Oh!
> Go with the resters to the new site. Carry stuff as needed.

Also, Strife, I would still like a legend for that map of yours. So I don't get lost, you know.
Love, scriver~

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2010, 10:01:40 am »

I'll go with the others to the new site, keeping an eye out for anything at all as we move.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2010, 11:11:59 am »

Confirming my action: search for the planes emergency kit, then grab all the plates if metal i can easily collect and stage them for movement.
Back to Mafia with me!

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2010, 12:33:02 pm »

I'll help take stuff to the new camp and set up.
[/post]

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2010, 01:59:01 pm »

I'll follow them to the new site then.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31