Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21203 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Game on!
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2010, 08:35:47 am »

"Bullet wounds?"
Strife would be the best to figure that out, though.

Also, what's 'resting'. Will he be able to move inland with the rest of us, if we move?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:42 am »

I agree with Sheb. I will assist with any transportation of items or people to the new camp site, which should be in a nice fortified position by that lake Tack found. Perhaps in that cave after someone scouts it out.
[/post]

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2010, 10:19:05 am »

Also, what's 'resting'. Will he be able to move inland with the rest of us, if we move?

Resting, officially, is eating a "meal" enough to recover a hunger point, drinking water enough to recover a thirst point, sleeping enough to recover stamina points, and relaxing to recover health damage and fatigue.

Seeing as no one has lost any of those (Barbar has a very special perk and rolled extremely well on his turn,) resting right now may be overkill. I mean, you won't have to run three days through the jungle to get to the clearing.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:25:04 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2010, 11:07:08 am »

I'm assuming that everyone is back at the camp right now.

"Okay, this is pretty bad overall. Our first priority is going to be getting the bloody hell into concealment. I don't like the idea of going to the cave without scouting it first, but I like the idea of staying out in the open like this even less. Take all the useful stuff we've got, then move to the cave. Secure the outside, build a fire, and very carefully explore the thing. Barbarossa, being an annoyingly athletic type, you can still keep up with the rest of the group moving slowly, right?"

"For all that, someone's going to have to take a better look at the village. Barbarossa did the right thing by getting back here soonest, but we need to find out more. What exactly killed them? How long have they been dead? What kind of remnants are there in that village?"

" I'll need one volunteer to accompany me."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2010, 11:11:08 am »

"As soon as I'm finished with those" (Pointing at the stretchers) "I'm following you. The ones wo are going to the cave should leave a track, but nothing to easy to spot. Or I guess we can just follow your tracks anyway, we're many."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2010, 11:47:36 am »

Good point.

"I think I can stand to go a ways yet before resting, actually. I'll show you the way there. It's not too far from here, anyway."

>Instead, I will go with Strife.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2010, 11:55:23 am »

"I will help carry stuff to the cave and set up camp. What about Japa and Kitsunin? Aren't they still out there?"
[/post]

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2010, 12:06:03 pm »

Strife, I'm gonna need some kind of legend for that map of yours. Can't see a thing on it.
Furthermore, I'm with the move-everything-to-the-lake people. However, I thinkt we should try to cover our tracks from the beach as much as possible, ie not leave any kind of signs that we can not later remove. I mean, assuming there's unfriendlies around, they're gonna come looking (if for no other reason than to check out and/or loot the the crash site) sooner or later, and we would probably not want them to be able to follow an obvious trail from the beach to our new camp.

So what I'm suggesting is, we've got to come up with a better way of leaving pointers to follow than carving large marks in the trees.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2010, 12:07:08 pm »

Just leave metal scraps behing you. We'll collect them when we come back.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2010, 12:45:50 pm »

The only one who didn't make it back to camp was Japa.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2010, 03:09:45 pm »

I'm going to stay on the beach for this turn, trying as hard as possible to find the Emergency kit, then I'll head out to find the lake, just leave a decent trail and I'll obliterate it as i pass.

I mean it's BRIGHT FRICKIN' ORANGE and made of Kevlar... it has to be here SOMEWHERE...
Back to Mafia with me!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2010, 03:27:44 pm »

"Japa not being here kinda screws things up, doesn't it. Alright, we're going to need at least three groups, I guess. The main group grabs the stuff and heads to the cave. Any kind of concealment is better than this beach, ya know? I'd want Tack and Barbarossa with that group. Tack, because he knows where it is, and Barbarossa because you've done enough running for the moment, but if the main group needs someone fast, you're the best bet for it.

Diakron, I take it that you want to stay on the beach for a few more hours and try to find the plane's E-kit. I'm not sure if it'll wash ashore, but it's possible. Additionally, you'll be here when Japa decides to show his sorry ass up again. With him in tow, you'll have to make your way to the cave. From what Tack's said, it shouldn't be that tough to find, just head to the mountains and look for the fall. I'm relatively sure that you'll be able to handle yourself.

Finally, Sheb and I will be heading to the village to take a look at it. We'll be moving carefully once we get close, so it's possible that we'll hole up somewhere for the night. We'll join the rest of the group at the cave soon enough.

Other than that, everyone should memorize the directions to both the cave and the village, in case you get separated. Stay covered and concealed as much as possible when you move. Speed isn't the primary concern right now; someone breaking an ankle would be very bad."

Do we have the personal flotation devices that we washed ashore with? They'll be useful at some point, I'm sure.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2010, 03:53:29 pm »

Hmm wish there was an easier way of seeing everyone's abilities...

Anyone who finds a well dried, straight, peice of hardwood (2 meters tall by about 8cm... i hate metric system lol...) send it my way so I can get to work on a bow...

How 2 make a bow
Back to Mafia with me!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2010, 05:24:58 pm »

I was planning on making a list next time Strife'd get a turn to be recordkeepery.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2010, 06:14:18 pm »

And so, Strife recordkeeper became the Expedition leader.

I'm not to complain. He's doing good.

Well, first up, I'll sift through the jagged metal, and try to find a short strip which I can stomp out, and then cut a sleeve free and wrap it around the base for a makeshift knife. Hopefully i can use that to make our path a little clearer for people following afterwards.

Afterwhich, I'll help with packing things up, and bundling it into hammocks.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31