Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21228 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! OP Updated! Sign ups close on 12/27 (EST)!
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2010, 01:45:48 pm »

Ok there you  go it is in my first post

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2010, 02:29:14 pm »

@adwarf: Gracias, senor. If you would, please, change "Master Chef" (that's quite a lofty title) to Natural Cook, and remove the +1 cooking and -1 attentiveness. I have my own way of modifying the bonuses and penalties.

@scriver: Just do your best to not die on the island and that will make it up to me. ;) I don't want to kill anyone off unless I have to. Boating is your ability to handle a boat on water of any kind, provided it's liquid. Lake, stream, ocean, etc. Also, metabolism is how efficient your body is at turning food into energy. So yes, it is correct. Although, a high metabolism means you need more food than average.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2010, 02:35:47 pm »

A high metabolism would mean you'd get hungry faster, but you'd be able to do more. A more in, more out kind of deal. It's the opposite with a slow metabolism.

At least that's how I think it works.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2010, 02:36:56 pm »

Sounds about right.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2010, 03:04:36 pm »

Then, by good, I meant slow. By which I mean I don't need as much to eat, to not feel hungry at least.
Love, scriver~

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2010, 03:11:57 pm »

Of course, the question is whether that is an advantage or disadvantage, as it provides both: Low food requirements coupled with low energy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2010, 05:34:11 pm »

Yeah, both a high or low metabolism would be kind of a double-edged sword. High means you'll have more Stamina, but less maximum Hunger, and low means that you'd have more maximum Hunger, but less Stamina. Hmm.

Edit so as not to double post: As of right now, I'm making my list, and making sure I have all my ducks in a row. If you didn't get a PM from me with your abstracted stats (hunger and whatnot,) and you want it to keep track yourself, let me know ASAP. I will also be keeping track of everyone's character sheets, as well as group resources and whatnot. I hope to get this party started in about 4-5 hours, but it may be a little later than that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:33:53 pm by MaximumZero »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! OP Updated! Sign ups closed!
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2010, 08:29:14 pm »

*Continues to wait anxiously.*
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Game on!
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2010, 08:35:55 pm »

Your seat is uncomfortable, again. This is the fourth plane you’ve gotten on in as many days. You look out the window from behind the wing, over the seemingly endless, glassy blue ocean.  You hear the captain come over the intercom, again. He says something about flying southeast or something in a boring monotone voice. You don’t catch the rest, as you weren’t really listening. You’re just sick of the noise of people in all directions. Fussy babies, snoring, kids playing noisy handheld games, people complaining about cramped legs, some jackass talking loudly on the plane’s phone about something that sounds like he takes more seriously than he should.  You shut your eyes, and try to go to your happy place for a moment, before your seat gets kicked from behind. Again.
   The monotone noise of the engines sets your mind to wandering.  You wish you hadn’t already read the couple of thin books in your carry-on. The ten hour layover in that little airport/bus station in the middle of nowhere burned them quickly, though.  You look out the window again, but this time, the sky is starting to darken a little. Raindrops splatter against the glass, and in the distance, you see lightning shoot between the clouds. ‘Great,’ you think to yourself, ‘this means another layover at our next stop.’ People talk in hushed tones, and are ushered to their seats by the flight attendants. You lazily buckle your seatbelt at the request of a cute, but tired looking attendant.
   Just as your seatbelt is buckled, the plane bucks and jolts sharply. It then straightens out almost immediately, and you hear the boring monotone come over the loudspeaker again. The plane is ablaze with peoples’ voices, and attendants trying to calm everyone down. A deafening hiss of static comes over the loudspeaker, and someone’s cell phone emits an eerie, banshee like wail. You close your eyes, and cover your ears as people begin to scream in true, unbridled horror. Your head wants to explode, your heart is pounding, and you struggle to breathe.  Just as suddenly as it came on, everything stops. The plane is dark, and silent. Your skin crawls in terror as you realize that the engines are dead.
   The plane shudders and you hear the metal groan, as if it were under heavy stress. An electronic-sounding hum pierces the very walls of the plane, forcing you to grit your teeth. As it gets louder, the plane trembles harder. The horrifying mechanical wail reaches a deafening crescendo as a bright white column of light rips a hole straight through the bottom of the plane, and vaporizes the ceiling above the new hole in the floor, about four rows in front of where you are sitting. The intense heat is almost as unbearable as the blinding brightness, but not as bad as the screams, or the smell of burning flesh. The people in front of you are incinerated in a moment that feels like forever, and then you see the sky. The front of the plane is completely gone, and your field of view begins to tilt downward. After a couple of seconds of seeing the ocean rush up to meet you, you pass out from the intensity of the freefall.
   When you awaken, you are lying face down on a floatation device. Your legs and arms are scraped, and your clothes are torn in various places, but you do not seem to be injured badly. The sun rose not too long ago, and the sky is clear, except a few wispy clouds high in the sky. Your floatation device is on pristine white sand, not far from a gathering of people you recognize from the plane.  Someone has hastily scrawled a makeshift compass in the sand, with North pointing inland. To your north, you see the point where a large, sweeping grassland meets a huge amount of tall trees. Above the tree line to your northeast, you see a looming grey mountain, topped by a smoldering crater. On the beach are various small bits and pieces of twisted, melted scrap metal, a few floatation devices, and a mini-fridge that has washed up. It is very warm, and there is a light, salty smelling breeze blowing.
   You turn and face the ocean, and your heart sinks. You have no idea where in the world you are, but the only thing you can think about right now is your family and friends. You fear that you will never see them again.

Welcome to the island. It is morning, day one.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2010, 08:41:27 pm »

"OH ,this is just great." Go find a stick and go hunting.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2010, 08:43:17 pm »

Go and gather firewood, staying close to the beach. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:58:08 pm by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2010, 08:46:54 pm »

((It's not like we have nametags.))

>See what kind of plane-scrap I can find along the beach. If there's time, try to see who everyone else is and if they're friendly.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »

((How fourth wall breaking should be handwaved here?

For the record, I'd have a name tag with my actual last name on it. Flying in uniform makes life a helluva lot easier, so anyone who reads my blog thread would know me. ))

"Fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck. Don't worry, you're going to be okay, I'm trained US Army CLS."

>Look for injured survivors, start applying improvised tourniquets to any serious bleeds/ amputations. Start taking triage, giving orders to anyone not doing anything to combat the bystander effect.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2010, 09:03:46 pm »

((Is talking a free action? I can't imagine it'd take all morning.))

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2010, 09:06:00 pm »

((I'd assume so. Damn, this is going to get awkward quickly, isn't it?))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31