Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21221 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!
« Reply #405 on: January 14, 2011, 10:08:08 am »

So I got a 10+10+3? Awesome. Though, in hindsight, I should have picked action "learn how to fly" instead.
Love, scriver~

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 14, 2011, 02:39:29 pm »

I'll take my bow and assist adwarf in hunting for the latter 3 hours. For the first three, I suppose I'll try to gather stones and make a cairn, since we will need some sort of storage here.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 14, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »

I'll spend 1 hours trying to indetify all the plants we've found, then spend the remaining five hours looking for more edible plants around.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:10:16 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 14, 2011, 03:57:54 pm »

What did you have in mind to boil the water in?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 14, 2011, 04:02:27 pm »

Anyway, lordnincompoop, could you go down there and try to read the writing?

Down where? Down the cave? I already went to the cave.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2011, 04:47:18 pm »

Anyway, lordnincompoop, could you go down there and try to read the writing?

Down where? Down the cave? I already went to the cave.
Yes, but now we can go deeper:

Quote from: my previous turn
You pay little heed to the message spray painted on some of the boards, and begin to hack at the edges of the boards. They come down quickly, revealing a mine shaft behind it. You head down the mine shaft slowly, and soon it forks into two branches, each going further underground. You take the path left, and after a long, long walk, you see a strange pink glow up ahead. You approach the end of the hallway/mineshaft carefully, and you see an outcropping, above what looks to be nothingness. On the outcropping is a lever, in front of a box which is suspended from the ceiling. There is something scrawled on the box, but it is illegible. You return to the fork, and take the right branch. You walk for what seems like an hour down a winding corridor that takes you deep underground. At the end of the tunnel is a heavy stone door engraved with symbols like those on the box. You cannot open it.

Perhaps you need a torch or something first, though.
Love, scriver~

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2011, 06:59:49 pm »

Grab hatchet x 2

Spend 4 hours to chop down sapling ~6 inches in diameter and returning them to camp

Spend 2 hours trimming them and splitting them in half (that should make them decent building materials)

If one hatchet breaks save handle and switch to second hatchet.

~~~~~~~~
Just going to type this for reference.

Tools that would be useful: A Sledgehammer (metal head OR granite if we can find it), a true axe (easier to cut trees down), Thin knife (maybe sharpened glass if we can get a hold of glass), Wedges to split logs (must get some sort of workable metal), Longbows (protection or hunting)

Materials we could use: Copper, wood to build with, whole trees ~ 2 feet in diameter (planks of wood)

Other:  Fletching (wing and tail feathers of large birds work best else use stiff leaves in a pinch), Maps of the island with points of interest and nav points (so that we don't have to blaze trails), have someone with Botany search for useful plants, Have someone with Astronomy use the star/sun to get a dead Reckoning of where we are (to ascertain upcoming weather patterns

Can anyone think of anything else we need? I know food and water, but we should all try to take a turn at that once a day (2 hours each should keep us fed) so didn't include it.
Back to Mafia with me!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 14, 2011, 07:14:37 pm »

Yall think we could make some pickaxes and try digging mining for metals in the cave

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 15, 2011, 01:14:09 am »

We'd need coal and fire- and only so that we could reshape the machete or some other steel into a pick. Besides, making a bellows is hard, and we don't have half of the materials needed.

But, if we can get obsidian around here, then hell, we probably could. I could change the shape of anything metal or steel into a different shape- The first one being a hammer. But we absolutely wouldn't be able to smelt more steel or iron. We don't have the raw materials, nor the ability to get most.

More problematic- is that MaximumZero hasn't put smithing on there.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 15, 2011, 01:32:03 am »

HMM quite odd

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 15, 2011, 06:29:33 am »

Arrite I'll explore further for my whole next turn.

It'd be nice if someone joins me, just in case.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 15, 2011, 09:51:45 am »

I did so. I just called it "Metalwork" instead of "Smithing" and "Ore Refining", etc.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 15, 2011, 11:50:58 am »

I'll go find material that could be used to make torches. It is foolhardy to wander blindly about like that. Once that is done, I'll join any subsequent expeditions into the cave, bringing torches and my axe.
[/post]

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 15, 2011, 12:03:59 pm »

Right, we don't have anything to boil water in. Could I use the fridge? We don't really need it anyway.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 15, 2011, 02:43:15 pm »

Umm Could I also get a bow if there is one to spare since I will be hunting most of the time
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31