Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21225 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!
« Reply #345 on: January 10, 2011, 05:17:39 am »

Am I the only one who hasn't translated it specifically so it doesn't affect my judgement?

And Sheb, I'm not building a shelter because I think it wouldn't be too smart to stick around here.
Right now, going Crusoe on Japa's tree seems like a smart idea.

However, if we stay here, I'd also like to help Sheb, if I've got time.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 10, 2011, 05:20:46 am »

I haven't...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 10, 2011, 05:23:53 am »

((Neither did I))

Well, that tree won't protect us and it'd be easier for them to surround us. If you want safety, we should go in the Jungle.

Maybe someone could try to open that wooden wall in the cave and see what's behind?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 10, 2011, 05:26:02 am »

Go right ahead, but I'm not following you in.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 10, 2011, 05:40:47 am »

Come on, if there were angry North Korean with lasers behind, they would have heard you last night. I bet those are either resistant who can help us, or else it's a cache of supply.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:21 am »

Actually we were deliberately keeping quiet last night so they didn't, just in case.

The main problem is, it's Ripping planks off an opening- or door. That's going to be very loud. If it was just a door we could open, then i'd be completely up for it.

However, our main sneaks so far are Barbarossa and I. And I'm not really up for dying. I might go in tonight, though, depending on our situation. First though, can someone check out those plants? I doubt I'll have time... And if they were planted, that's very not good.

Edit: Also, Mero, I really like your idea.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 10, 2011, 06:23:34 am »

I'll help put together some tools and such, might look at seeing if there is anything useful that can be made from the Metal.
I'll put 4hrs into this...

This leaves me 2hrs right, well I will also go help with finding big leaves and such...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 10, 2011, 06:25:01 am »

Well, there must be a way to do it other than brute force. And I'd prefer knowing what's behind rather than have 200 joyous Best Korean popping out of it one night. Maybe we could move all our people and stuff a few kilometers away and then open it? I'm willing to take the risk.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:02 am »

Maybe there is a hidden switch or something. Y'know. Was there any obvious methods of opening it, how do you know it was a door, or did you say it was a wall???

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 10, 2011, 06:32:35 am »

Yeah, or maybe the planks are easy to pry loose.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 10, 2011, 07:09:46 am »

It's planks nailed over something. I can't remember what.

And I'm just thinking that there'll be guards at night, but there will probably be guards and a lot more during the day. Researchers, laymen, whatever.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:17 am »

I'll change my 2hr action to having a closer look at this entrance, taking the time to listen at the keyhole as it were to be and work out if there is anything on the other side...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:27 am »

If it's a secret facility. Now, why would you close the way to a secret facility with mere plank? It'd be as easy to pour concrete!

I say it's just a supply cache, and we need those supply.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 10, 2011, 11:32:14 am »

Oh look updates

Yeah, it's Korean, and fortunately I am fluent in that particular language (check my char page). Though I guess that's kind of settled by now.

Shall I come along with you guys then?

>I will show the person who found the strange writing in the village to the door in the cave. We'll compare the two writings and see if we can't decode it like a cryptogram. It'll be easier when the characters are entire nouns, right?

((For reference, the door reads as such: 출입 허용되지 않습니다. 위험에 처해 있어!))

Kanji != Hangul. I don't know where you got that notion but no. They are about as similar as Roman characters are to Cyrillic, if you want a comparison.

If fact, drawing a comparison between any two languages like that is just asking for trouble, not to mention slightly ignorant. It's like getting a Frenchman to translate some German for you, or a Brit to translate French. Why should Eastern languages be any different?

Note also that the Korean language belongs to either its own little niche or in the Altaic family depending on the linguist. Japanese and Chinese belong to the Japonic and Sino-Tibetan families respectively.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:54:44 am by lordnincompoop »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 10, 2011, 02:59:15 pm »

My Japanese teacher told be that Kanji came to Japan from China, and that it has also been used in Korea. It looks similar to me, but I understand neither Hangul nor Kanji yet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31