Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21189 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 1, afternoon, complete!
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »

well have 48 hours as a deadline with an auto extension that expires when you get on
Back to Mafia with me!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2011, 10:10:18 pm »

The sun creeps toward the treeline as the group gathers and makes plans for nightfall. There is a warm breeze blowing through the clearing, and the sound of birds in the trees seems to come from everywhere above you. Scriver and Kitsunin decide to find someplace to hunker down (seperately, I'm going to try to keep this family friendly, for the most part,) and rest until they are told to take up watch for the night. They happily eat some of the tasty, peach colored, apple looking things that Barbar found, and have a bottle of water apiece. [ They then find a place that looks clear of insects and is dark, and lay down to sleep. The sound from the waterfall is soothing, and they fall asleep quickly, albeit not comfortably.

[-2 bottles of water from minifridge.]

Japa and Diakron soon emerge from the rainforest, Japa telling Diakron about a huge tree that he found. They both stop in their tracks upon entering the clearing, and marvel at the waterfall and lake. They then join the group preparing to make tools. adwarf sharpens his Huntin' Stick to a mostly pointy end, and then hands it to Tack, to help him explore the cave. He then sets about gathering stuff from the current locale, and finds a great deal more than he was anticipating. AntiAntiMatter busies himself by hiding the supplies in a manner that will keep animals (and potentially anything else) out of them, except for the group. At this point, Tack and Barbarossa head toward the cave, before it gets too dark.

[AntiAntiMatter +0.2 Wilderness Survival]
[adwarf, -1 Huntin' Stick, +.1 Foraging, +1 unit (night's worth) firewood, +15 long thorns, +8 softball sized stones, +4 palm sized sharp flaky stones, +3 long sticks, +8 thin vines]

adwarf drops his haul off near AAM's stockpile, and many folks begin to work. Sonerohi besets the pile like a man possessed, taking one of the long sticks, two of the thin vines, and a sharp, flaky stone. He then cheerily sits down in a shorter patch of grass and begins making what quickly turns into a long bow. Diakron and lordnincompoop set on the pile and do their best to work, but the materials just don't seem to want to work with them. They try to make tools, but wind up with mostly useless pieces of rock and wood. Japa organizes the materials into an easy to "read" format so that Strife will be able to tally up their resources easily when he gets back.

[sonerohi: -1 long stick, -2 vines, +1 bow, + .1 Woodwork]
[Diakron: -2 softball sized stones]
[lordnincompoop: -1 long stick, -1 softball sized stone]
[Japa: +1 success on Attentiveness]

Night will fall soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2011, 10:21:27 pm »

"I am going to sleep someone wake me in the morning and I will make some eggs for everyone." Go to sleep

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2011, 10:21:45 pm »

So... are we going to get PM's... or did we use up a turn getting ready to have a look in the cave?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2011, 10:32:01 pm »

*whistles innocently* Sorry, broseph, I was still writing your turn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »

huh.. surprise organizing skilz. huh.

anyway, this turn, I rest.

also, everybody, once we get proper tools, I plan on starting work on  a tree house, mainly because there's a perfect spot for one I found nearby.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2011, 10:51:26 pm »

"We found a weird cave that somehow had no stalactites or stalagmites, though there was running water. In the back we found a boarded up doorway with some symbols on it. They reminded me of Kanji, so we could be anywhere near Eastern Asia. China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, and a few other countries all use the characters, though they pronounce them differently. I have no idea what they mean, though."

>I'm going to rest.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2011, 10:54:40 pm »

"Uhh..... not really. I've seen Chinese writing, Japanese writing, and Korean writing, and they all look different. Japanese has a lot less lines than Chinese, generally, and korean looks like a bunch of squished blobs."

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2011, 10:56:27 pm »

"Barbossa, did the cave seem safe?"
[/post]

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2011, 11:14:10 pm »

I'll take a night watch I guess. I'll get up on one of the steps, high enough for a decent vantage point without inviting hilarious falling disasters. Bow at the ready, I guess, despite not having arrows. I am, hopefully, intimidating enough to anyone that isn't packing heat.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2011, 11:15:28 pm »

"So far, it seems safe. However, deeper in the cave is a section we can't get past, so I don't know who's further down that way. There is writing on there, but it's not japanese or chinese. If anyone's skilled in languages, maybe they could come check it out with us tomorrow. In any case, the back of the cave is boarded up, so as long as we don't make too much noise, it should be fine."

I'm going to rest, and hand the spear back to adwarf.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:17:10 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2011, 11:17:47 pm »

I'm going to keep watch, finding an angle that allows me to view both the cave and the way into the clearing, if possible. If not, higher priority goes to the cave.
[/post]

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:35 pm »

((There is a boarded up segment of a man-made, or tool worked natural cave, and we aren't battering through it to check it out? What is wrong with us, it's almost like we're trying to live)).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:06 pm »

"I don't trust that cave. We shouldn't do anything with it until tomorrow. I will keep watch on it and the clearing entrance."
[/post]

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2011, 11:44:35 pm »

"The reason Japanese looks different is that they use three alphabets. Katakana and Hiragana for much of the time, Kanji for the rest. Kanji is borrowed from China, and the symbols mainly represents nouns."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31