Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Day 2 is beginning!  (Read 21197 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Forum Game: Take 3! Game on!
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2010, 10:57:48 pm »

Turn 1 actions (final):

Barbar: scout along beach to west
adwarf: hunt with stick (where?)
Sheb: salvage stuff from plane
Diakron: Try to salvage stuff (Emergency kit, etc.) from plane
AAM: Forage for wood
Neyvn: Help Strife26
Tack: scout inland (north)
Strife26: Organize and list stuff, people. Find and ID bodies, if applicable.
sonerohi: Scout for fresh water
Kitsunin: Scout to east
lordnincompoop: salvage scrap from plane
Japa: scout for landmarks
Aqizzar: salvage scrap from plane, hunt for hat
Scriver: follow Kitsunin east, looking for prime fishing spots
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:41:57 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:31 pm »

Alright, I have absolutely no idea what's going on.  So, I'll just try to find my hat, and help pick through the plane for choice bits of stuff.  Try to drag anything heavy away from water before the tide comes in, in case it's low-tide now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2010, 11:06:58 pm »

Guys I really believe salvaging as much from the plane should be priority 1. Come the tide shift there is a good chance the plane will float lose and float of with all that pre-made housing :)

I'm trying to find an ax and the Flares, both will make life much easier (flares can start fire rather easily)
Back to Mafia with me!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2010, 11:40:43 pm »

Guys I really believe salvaging as much from the plane should be priority 1. Come the tide shift there is a good chance the plane will float lose and float of with all that pre-made housing :)

I'm trying to find an ax and the Flares, both will make life much easier (flares can start fire rather easily)

In the event that I've got extra time, I'll try to help with the salvaging as much as possible.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:53 am »

in near vicinty

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2010, 12:56:48 am »

I'll just scout, seems it would be better to know what is in either direction before going to search for food, I'd assume we are all in reasonable shape as far as hunger, at least for the first day.

Basically, three hours walking east, then three hours coming back, then report findings to whoever takes the initiative to make a map.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:00:18 am by Kitsunin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2010, 04:48:03 am »

Yeah, we've roughly got the majority pulling apart the plane, and one of us scouting along each compass point. Seems like we're starting off well.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:33 am »

I wouldn't say 3 people == the majority but fine.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2010, 06:41:29 am »

Switch my actions to pulling the plane and salvaging anything that could be useful and float away.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2010, 10:21:13 am »

> Report in to Strife, then follow Kitsunin eastwards along the beach, looking for good spots where fish, crabs or the like will gather.

Sorry to keep you waiting, again. I got a bit overwhelmed by the sheer chaos following the crash. Also, how beachy is the the beach, exactly? Just a strip of sand all the way, or with interceding rocks/capes/fingers/beaks/noses/whatever you call those small out-reachers into the water?
I guess we will find out during the scouting, anyway.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2010, 10:31:07 am »

Yeah, Paint us a scene, Maximum. What can we see from where we're standing? Is there any sign of the plane?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2010, 01:18:22 pm »

Turn 1: A Beach with a View

As the sun creeps its way up from the horizon, you gather yourselves into a group, and Strife takes roll. Scouting the current little plot of beach that you're on, you take stock of your surroundings. To the North, Northeast, and due East, you see anywhere from 250-400yd of grassland and the occasional shrubby patch before the ground gives way to dense, tall trees. To the Southeast and Southwest, the beach curves away from you, forming a cove to your South, and then diverging in opposite directions again. Both peninsulas are mostly covered with tall, swaying grass, the occasional shrubby patch, and the less occasional cluster of tall, dry looking trees.

Tack and Neyvn, both feeling particularly argumentative, begin to verbally spar about whether or not any of them should hunt. adwarf ignores them, and heads off to the treeline to find a hefty stick to hunt with.
Strife pulls Neyvn away from Tack, under the guise of needing help organizing everything. Tack heads north toward the jungle, still peeved about the argument. Barbarossa announces that he will head off west, and follows the beach west, and then south, until you can no longer see him. Upon seeing Barbarossa leave, Kitsunin announces his intention of scouting the other way, and Scriver happily follows along. Without saying a word, Japa heads due west, toward a cluster of trees. AntiAntiMatter heads east, to the tree line (which is actually a little closer to the beach, but uphill a little way,) to forage for wood. sonerohi heads out with him, in hopes of finding water. Sheb, Diakron, Aqizzar and lordnincompoop spread out on the beach, hunting down various things from the plane.

adwarf scoops up a hefty looking, fairly heavy stick, and then begins to chase colorful birds through the tall grass. He doesn't manage to hit any, but does stumble (quite literally) across a ground nest. By the time he's collected the eggs, and cleaned his shoes off a little bit, he sees people start to filter back toward "camp".
[+1 Huntin' Stick, +4 medium sized eggs. +.1 Foraging]

scriver sets off east/southeast, looking for prime fishing spots. Kitsunin quickly leaves him behind, but scriver doesn't seem to mind. Seeing as there are several spots along the coast that are teeming with aquatic wildlife, he takes it easy doing some minor beachcombing. scriver comes back to camp with a handful of shells, and a few sharp, jagged teeth.
[+8 small seashells, +3 sharp teeth. + .1 Foraging]

AntiAntiMatter heads up a low hill to the tree line, looking for wood. He manages to scrape together a couple fallen sticks (about 4 feet long, and an inch thick or so), but something else catches his eye. There are a few pink and red, tube-looking flowers hiding a spiky looking plant that he recognizes.
[+2 medium sticks, +5 sprigs of Aloe. +.2 Foraging.]

sonerohi follows AAM east up the hill, looking for water. Utilizing his height and strength, he manages to climb fairly high into a tree with large, bowl shaped leaves. These should be invaluable for collecting water, but there is no actual water in sight.
[+4 large leaves, +.1 Foraging.]

Sheb, Diakron, Aqizzar, and lordnincompoop spread out along the beach, looking for wreckage. There's really no sign of any extremely large pieces of the plane. The front half of the plane was completely vaporized before the crash, and the tail end is nowhere to be found. You do find a good number of small pieces of scrap, and Aqizzar comes back to the camp carrying a rectangular sheet of scrap approximately 1 1/2' x 2'. The outer edges are melted and badly scorched, but it is in one piece.
[+33 pieces of very small, twisted, melted metal. +1 metal plate.]
[lordnincompoop and Sheb: +.2 Foraging.]
[Aqizzar and Diakron: +.1 Foraging.]

Strife, prepared for the worst, scouts the beach in search of bodies, but surprisingly doesn't find any. The only bodies in the general vicinity are up and gathering stuff. With his mind at ease, Strife takes Neyvn and they start a tally of stuff in the camp, and then stuff as it comes in. Neyvn finds a couple pieces of coral that he hadn't noticed before as they are tallying stuff up. Strife piles up a bunch of half buried stones at the camp, as well.

Barbarossa, Tack, Kitsunin, and Japa, you'll be getting your turns via PM after a little break, seeing as you're away from the group.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:43:45 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2010, 02:00:36 pm »

Rule No-1 Never ignore the ladies when they want attention, even when writing an Update for a few folks online...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2010, 02:05:44 pm »

Rule No-2: When typing a post you expect to include multiple paragraphs, type in in OpenOffice Writer first and save periodically.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2010, 03:55:49 pm »

Continue searching for either a knife or ax type object
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31