Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Little things that brighten your DF day [2]  (Read 9515 times)

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Little things that brighten your DF day [2]
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 10:21:26 am »

I dont think thats really that small but well : Urist McLegend cancels job : Taken by mood
Desu

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 01:21:15 pm »

My new fortress is named 'Bridgecomets.'  Mayhap I ought to make a lot of bridge-traps. :D
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

MooUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 01:46:26 pm »

"An animal has become a war Giant Leopard." :)
"An animal has become a war Giant Lion".

Giant war-cats are awesome.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 02:14:51 pm »

Indeed. Very awesome. Almost as awesome as War Grizzly Bears.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »

I gave cats [CAN_LEARN]. I got a kitten stonecrafter/engraver as a migrant.

OMG that's cute!  I want to do this, so I can have a cat make an artifact.

This is a leather jingle mousie. All craftscatship is of the highest quality...
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:33 am »

Seeing elephants wander across the map AFTER I have basic defences up. 

Next stop = War Elephants!!!!

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 08:15:08 am »

;D Gonna wait untill my miners are legendary before I mine those beauts.

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 09:47:01 am »

The time the new Outpost Liaison ripped a brown bear to small chunks on top of the living quarters. Bear handed.  :P Took forever to clean all the blood off.
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »

First time Kobolds visited me and 3 at once on the 19th of Obsidian. First one, Kuduk, ran easily because my militia ran into Prabadajimbus while they were going after Kuduk. Prabadajimbus took a single bolt in his hand and erm, 'stole' it. And while my dudes were going back home after not catching Prabadajimbus the Marksdwarf (without bolts or, for that matter, a crossbow) who had been closest to Prabadajimbus tripped over the third kobold, Chuducheegus, and Chuducheegus was a very unlucky one. The Marxdorf who attacked it was also the hunter who had trained my three war dogs which I had yet to chain. The dogs each grabbed a part (lower body and both arms) and shook. One of my War Dogs is now named. :P

Also, first gobbo in this embark was spotted, tried to flee and is now the inhabitant of a +goblin cage+. Dumbass. :3 Dead. Another one came to get it self caged as well.

eDIT2; smashed a herd of Crundles. A surgeon got taken by a fey mood and made
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh yes, an Artifact Splint made by an Accomplished Surgeon/Wound Dresser (now legendary carpenter.) :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:41:47 am by FrisianDude »

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 09:59:22 am »

Hah, I post too much. Don't be scared to post after me, y'all. :P
Back on-topic;

My Militia Captain (and a high master cheese maker); Catten Lolornefek Duraddak Dakas.  :D

("Catten Letterfancies the bearded tree of colors" sounds less impressive.)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 03:20:50 pm »

;D Gonna wait untill my miners are legendary before I mine those beauts.
*squints* Rubies and a star ruby?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 05:19:08 am »

Yes. But that was at the very start of my game, didn't expect to find them so soon.

Dinkum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 03:08:51 pm »

Both my captain of the guard and my mayor lost their arms in a hydra attack that decimated my fort and left only one able-bodied dwarf to rebuild from. The captain of the guard, understandably, was furious about the loss of his friends and arms. So he tantrums in his sleep, destroying the bed, and rushes to the hospital to beat up some recovering soldiers in a fist-fight. At the hospital bed he notices he doesn't HAVE fists anymore, and calls the fist-fight off. Goes berserk during reconstruction later and has to be put down.

The mayor is still the mayor, however, and still can't put any of his items away without his arms. As long as democracy works, I can't bring myself to bring the cancel spam to a merciful end. He kinda reminds me of a 40d cat trying to put things into stockpiles.  :)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2011, 01:18:44 pm »

Aww. :c

I got an artefact copper mace, and more importantly, a legendary weaponsmith. :D

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2011, 05:12:00 am »

Dear dwarven hunters, remind me to always bring at least 1, if not 2 of you, so far, in your perfect last minute timing, you have slain nearly 15 megabeasts that attacked me in my various self destruction forts on the first year in the 2nd or 3rd season. You guys have single handedly saved more dwarves than the attempts at a military. And do so always on the first bolt. Carry on oh pioneers of arrowmatic death.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6