Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Little things that brighten your DF day [2]  (Read 9528 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little things that brighten your DF day [2]
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 08:19:18 am »

240 of the meat is rotten. :(
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 10:35:15 am »

A perfectly timed migrant wave...and one of them actually builds the well!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 04:25:37 pm »

Next time, build the butcher's shop next to the corpse and make sure the butcher picks that shop for butchering the FB.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 04:34:33 pm »

Combat reports.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 05:53:29 pm »

Next time, build the butcher's shop next to the corpse and make sure the butcher picks that shop for butchering the FB.

Yeah, but when it died I sort of assumed FB's aren't butcherable. And I didn't think of it. Once I saw it getting butchered I took my brother's advice to set kitchens to making lavish meals, but they didn't use any of the delicious huge crab meat.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 10:34:12 pm »

I set up three ballistas that faced the entrance drawbridge. So I decided to try them out, see if my siege operators could shoot straight.

The good news is that yes, they can. The BETTER news is that they shot a stray cat.

so later ... I have prepared iron arrows and one of the ballistas is loaded with a wooden one. i want to be ready for monsters so i fire the wooden bolt aaand .. another cat snuffs it. :D those two cats are the only things my dwarves have ever managed to shoot.. not even when the bridge was crawling with goblins did they manage to do something worthwhile!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 12:41:31 am »

Today I started a new fort.
Dralthas escaped the underworld and started disrupting my fortress so I drafted my woodcutter, had him hunt all four down.
The first three were fine but the forth bite his arm off and broke his leg.
BUT he didn't let that stop him. After the bleeding stopped he decided he didn't really like his like his left arm that much anyway and proceeded to re-establish the chase it down and hack his his head into ribbons.

Never had a Dwarf so inspired me.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 01:24:29 am »

During a recent goblin siege my militia commander (a Legendary swordsdwarf who arrived as Talented) had his arm and leg broken by a goblin hammerer. The next siege saw all 20 remaining members of my militia - 7 each of swordsdwarves, axedwarves and speardwarves, minus the commander - slowly and methodically dismembering every single invader and beating them by hand until every one of them had bled out. When the hell did Toady implement revenge?

And later on, when the commander had healed enough to walk, I get the message 'Urist McChild has organized a party at copper Table.'

Urist McChild was Urist McCommander's only daughter.
くコ:彡

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 04:49:58 am »

Noticing that trolls bleed aquamarine blood...
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 05:02:39 am »

Why is that, anyway? Nothing else bleeds any odd colours, only red and white (ichor). Or is there something else?
くコ:彡

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 08:51:08 am »

Yeah, there's something else.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:40 am »

Seeing that the last of the goblins of three ambushes left (uncaged) on my map had been chopped in half. The lower body lay a good ten tiles (diagonally counted) away from the rest of the fiend. :P And so perish all quite a few if not most of Mebanavuz' foes.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 09:20:41 am »

Whenever war prisoners thrown from the execution tower reach the spikes pit and explode into ludicrous gibs, sometimes ending up on structures way above the ground.  :D
Also, gentlemanly glove-slapping fights.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 09:37:44 am »

Now, these are humans that I could get to like ...

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:23 am »

Whenever war prisoners thrown from the execution tower reach the spikes pit and explode into ludicrous gibs, sometimes ending up on structures way above the ground.  :D
Also, gentlemanly glove-slapping fights.
That's a good idea. Not sure what to do now, use my captured goblins for target practice + drowning or throwing them to bits. HMm. My Marksdwarfs could use practice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6