Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Goldgreed and the Quest for the Perfect Strip Club  (Read 31197 times)

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goldgreed and the Quest for the Perfect Strip Club
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »

Well, Ill be ready and waiting just in case he doesn't show up

K, its down to you, lets get this fortress moving again

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2011, 03:57:56 pm »

Do we have any captured lashers.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »

i'll take a turn.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »

Wow, the save is from the 18th >.>    Time to expand this thing!

Ill Get started tonight

EDIT: Im going to try and post my entire year in one huge update if you guys are okay with that. If not ill do several mini-ones but that'll cut out on my story writing aspect.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:56:33 pm by Crocatowa »
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2011, 11:43:58 pm »

Wow, the save is from the 18th >.>    Time to expand this thing!

Ill Get started tonight

EDIT: Im going to try and post my entire year in one huge update if you guys are okay with that. If not ill do several mini-ones but that'll cut out on my story writing aspect.
do whatever you want, considering how big the fortress is now, i don't expect expect you to adhere to the 2 day limit anymore. It was pretty silly to put that limitation in in the first place.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2011, 05:19:42 am »

And nobody followed it.  :P
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2011, 01:20:48 pm »

DF2010 definitely has some interesting seiges. I was playing off of peregarrets save and i encountered a goblin seige where one of them was mounted on a giant bat and was able to fly, they also brought multiple trolls. for some reason one of them was a fishertroll and another was a pump operator. I'm pretty sure that was a glitch.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2011, 01:56:18 pm »

it happens regulary, but doesn't affect anything. I mean, ogre mason won't destroy wall, and mechanic won't dismount a trap. So it's just for fun
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »

I plan on finishing up tonight and posting my update, If you do not hear from me tonight, then definitely tomorrow

EDIT: Actually, I need some suggestions and I have some questions, so read the following post for an update and then  I request advisement...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:13:35 pm by Crocatowa »
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2011, 03:17:29 pm »

2nd Hematite, 150
All I wanted today was to just relaxe and do my job as usual, but no, some jerk-off lazy ass didn't show up to his new working position and guess who got drafted into it. Me. Armok must hate me. So I get a huge box full of paperwork for my birthday... Oh Joy...

3rd Hematite, 150
After drinking myself into a stupor last night and then puking all morning, I have finally begun to sift through all of this unorganized junk. As it turns out, we have an unorthodox amount of random/eploratory tunnels that we have absolutely no use for. The general architecture of the fortress makes absolutely no sense and it is a major surprise that people manage to figure out where the hell they're going.

Another thing that makes even less sense is the labor organization. When I signed on for this expedition I was a designated Smith who, as per need, was willing to become a furnace operator, but we have people here with utterly random/useless skillset combinations. I may need to resort to a more structured system... Hooray for Dictatorship...

At least we have some decent soldiers though.

5 Hematite, 150
Bodies... Bodies of our foes are strewn everywhere outside... Nobody has taken the initiative to ransack the corpses for valuables or anything. *Sigh* I think I might get stressed into my monthly gift... or out of it... I need a beer...

Oh joy... We're out of cages... and there are no bins for things... and there is stone everywhere! This place is a mess! I need to redesign this entire damned set-up... How we've survived this long under the current set-up is beyond me... Where is my drink?!?

Oh, and I think Asob has some... Personal issues... He's been rubbing that sword of his and talking to it...

19 Hematite, 150
Migrants arrived today. Only 8 of them... Nobody overly useful... Poor Saps... Just had to reorganize them into the ranks of workers running around... We need more bedrooms...

20 Hematite, 150
The smell is horrible... Those dumbasses didn't take the maimed body parts outside and now there is miasma everywhere.... I hate this place

27 Hematite, 150
So Melbil was just working in the mines when suddenly his eyes grew red and he foamed at the mouth... We all thought it was an allergic reaction until he ran off to a craftdwarf's shop and muttered things in wierd languages... The Doc says he's possessed... Just great...

9 Malachite, 150
Today was my birthday. Nobody said anything to me, not even my husband. I hate my life.

12 Malachite, 150
Very little is happening... The the lists of designated project pieces is huge, I see no pattern to the uselessness. Our food stores are lower than I would prefer, but I cannot seem to get anybody to do anything about it. All they do is bustle on by, looking busy but not actually doing anything...
Melbil is worrying me... He ran around gathering things but now he just sits there muttering about rocks and logs and gems... all of which we have plenty of... I fear the worst...

16 Malachite, 150
Okay... Im all for alternative relationships... But this is rediculous!

19 Malachite, 150
Asob and his equipment... He is now attached to his sheild... I fear for his mental status...

I tried organizing a project to be continued... and even with a force of over 100 strong dwarves, they will not deviate from their own tasks...

23 Malachite, 150
All of the soldiers are gay... they enjoy long pointy object and are now sleeping with them... ugh...

1 Galena, 150
Eureka! Melbil Created an artifact! He has no recollection of the matter and nearly smashed the thing as soon as he came out of his stupor.

And of all things its about a Fucking damned elf... At least its only worth 10800...

12 Galena, 150
Shit... That is all that I can say... A vile Force of darkness has arrived... I don't know whether to fight them off or hold up inside until they pass over... With this fortress' disarray I cannot see us doing very well...
Our scouts detected them late in the night... Several goblins, an alligator, and an ogre... The military is requesting orders...

OOC: So why the hell do we not have any marksdwarves? Like, we have a spot that has fortifications so that we can shoot out opponents, but no marksdwarves... What the hell? Suggestions on my course of action?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:19:32 pm by Crocatowa »

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »

...Because maiming people with axes is much more fun?
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2011, 03:35:48 pm »

I like seeing how many arrows fit in a goblin torso before it falls apart... anyways... oh, and the manager is a complete pain in the ass. I try to get a project worked on and my designations go away

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2011, 04:41:03 pm »

You should probably send out 2 squads of soldiers to eliminate the siege and keep the rest by the entrance incase the first squad misses a few.

I probably wouldn't create a marksdwarf squad, just because i like the challange of using melee weapons, and there's also more micromanagement involved with marksdwarfs.

I would however, redesign the entrance, or build walls to wall off part of the outside, and reposition the barracks so that they catch thief's and snatchers'. (the moat/bridge was bad idea, although in my defence, the moat should have been filled with magma, making it awesome enough to outweigh the lack of foresight)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2011, 05:32:02 pm »

umm... random dwarf pulled a lever and the entrance bridge raised... i know not of the lever to amend this.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2011, 05:38:07 pm »

I left the body parts out because it seamed more dwarfy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22