Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Goldgreed and the Quest for the Perfect Strip Club  (Read 31229 times)

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: Goldgreed succession fort
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »

You have about five seconds to stop that alligator and elf from being dumped into magma. Save them!
Couldn't save them, but somehow caught another alligator. Also I found an underground magma sea.

like as if we didn't already have enough magma
It was only 16 z-level underground, so unless you genned a world without caverns I think the magma just found a way in there.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2011, 09:29:09 pm »

It was only 16 z-level underground, so unless you genned a world without caverns I think the magma just found a way in there.

I would venture to say that in either case, it is fairly epic. On another note, does anyone have any objections to upgrading the tileset? I mean, the frame rate really wouldn't change all that much if we did and it would look nicer.
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2011, 11:12:48 pm »

what do you want to change it to?

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2011, 11:22:49 pm »

Twas thinking Mayday's tileset because it has such a clear variance to identify dwarf profession and all the refined colors for ores/land. If not I don't mind.
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:11 am »

Personally, I'm so accustomed to the ASCII graphs that I don't understand tilesets anymore.  :-\
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2011, 10:45:57 am »

Yeah I'm with Baconeer on this one, I feel like any other tileset would just confuse me more. Lets keep it as it is.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2011, 02:46:41 pm »

Oops, I'm using phobous(sp?), but you can change it back next person in line. Also we found GOLD, and copper, but namely GOLD. Also Baron you've been evicted and moved to a recently dug out obsidian room, that has a picture of dead elves, and and magic dwarf admiring pants.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2011, 03:19:10 pm »

I suggest you start making goblets.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2011, 03:58:04 pm »

can't wait till our fortress value becomes high enough to get some really fun elven ambushes  :D

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2011, 05:03:50 pm »

i assume that we are using economy but ignoring currency? Or will we need to manage the coins?

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2011, 05:05:08 pm »

yeah I also assume were gonna ignore currency

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2011, 05:15:37 pm »

so is the rent free? i mean a character was evicted so... that'll be going on regularly...

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2011, 05:23:38 pm »

Wait... is this version 31.18? You can enable the economy, or..?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

so is the rent free? i mean a character was evicted so... that'll be going on regularly...
I think you misunderstood Deviled, Baron had built himself a huge living space, i think he just "evicted" Baron Baconeer to reuse the space for something else

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2011, 06:03:28 pm »

Well, it was an ugly room.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22