Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Goldgreed and the Quest for the Perfect Strip Club  (Read 31249 times)

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goldgreed succession fort
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2010, 12:01:54 am »

Update should be coming soon.

This phrase is basicly a kiss of death on a young Succession game. :P

Speak not such words! Armok will take them unto his fiery heart and let them take place in such a manner!
I think you jinx'ed it, now we'll never see that fortress again

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2010, 12:05:41 am »

Me or him?  :-\
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2010, 12:09:58 am »

Him  :D

lol, I'm playing sims3 on my laptop and DF on my desktop. I just had one of my sims die, for a moment i was afraid my household was going to go into a tantrum spiral. Also i keep pushing q and v to interact with objects and people on the sims

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2010, 08:06:04 am »

18th malachite, 147

Spotted a weird sight when I was picking up roots around the countryside. There were trees in the magma river, and by Armok's beard, they weren't even burning!  Sadly, everybody else thought trees are too elven to be holy creations of Armok.

19th malachite, 147

Spent rest of the day pondering does Armok have a beard.

24th. malachite, 147

We have a dining room nowadays. Maybe now those whiners shut up for a moment. I'm a doctor, not an interior desinger!

2nd. galena, 147

My office has been completed, and I've taken the position of local sheriff to stop these petty nitwits from infighting. Work has now begun on hospital and a jail.

15th. galena, 147

Duggan and the other miners have concluded that our encampment is actually sitting on a ridiculously huge, yet almost dormant volcano. And where there is magma, there is instant death wealth to be gained.

23rd. galena, 147

Watched alligators who had managed to fall down to the magma river burn. I love that stuff more and more each passing day.
Oh, and Magicdwarf and Kilakan have fallen in love. D'aww.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:10:01 am by Baron Baconeer »
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 05:22:27 pm »

This is moving alot slower then I anticipated. You've had the fort for 4 days already and your only in Galena (late summer)? is it an fps thing or do you just not have that much free time?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2010, 06:13:25 pm »

hum last update is.... odd, I thought we both asked for males?  Anyways if he doesn't hurry up I saw we skip him, I mean it's not like he's writting a book each update so that's not taking long, and he's claimed to have alot of free time.
Nom nom nom

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »

Sorry for taking so long, I've had more and more stuff going on. (New year, travelling etc etc.) Give me two days or just start over again, whichever you prefer. FPS is going on steady 50 which does make it bit annoying.

Also Kilakan, I just dorfed the dwarf with your requested skills. Sorry for that.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2011, 03:49:46 pm »

no problem, i've signed for a few the last few days and I did forget to put male, so no problem.
Nom nom nom

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2011, 12:33:49 pm »

Here's whats going to happen, I'm going to start playing the fort from the beginning and if I finish a year before Baron Baconeer does, we'll use my save, and the Baron will get another turn later in the cycle. 

I've really been itching to play this fortress, and my winter break ends Jan 4.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2011, 01:31:28 pm »

hum mine does too, how odd.
Nom nom nom

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2011, 04:25:13 pm »

19th. Limestone, 147

Magicdwarf gave me some really, really nasty looks today. I just smiled nervously back.

24th. Limestone, 147

There's an annoying lack of proper prey around these parts, just alligators, alligators and burning alligators. A dwarf can't live only on plump helmet! Also wondered are months spelt with 'big' word in the beginning.

9th. Sandstone, 147

Nothing is going on this boring hellhole. Tried to start a weekly slam poetry event, but everyone thought it would be just silly.

15th. Sandstoner, 147

Noticed that Evilcherry was acting strangely. He refuses to wear armor and just mills around the 'training area' (Cabinet in the middle of food stockpile) Started constructing a theatre. Goldgreed shall hear poetry, and by Armok it will like it!

19th. Sandstone, 147

Another rescue party has been spotted! Can't thes Migrants? MIGRANTS? This is an emergency hole in the middle of nowhere, not a mountainhall! But try to tell it to these morons. Luckily there were only three of them.

24th. Sandstone, 147

The theatre is complete, only lacking chairs. Everybody calls it a quarry, and I call them all barbarians. Humph.

6th. Timber, 147

Was about to make a poem to all the lovely iron-smelting-alligator-burning magma around here, but couldn't think of anything that rhymes with it. Lava-saliva?

16th. Timber, 147

Caravan? Those guys back at the mountainhome think we've voluntarily set up a settlement here?

No, even worse. The liaison had brought with him a letter from the kingman himself, who states he not only wants, but orders us to stay here. I tried to argue with the liaision, who then convinced me of advances of retaining a head.

I think I'm going to cry in a corner.

17th. Timber, 147

Me, Duggan and Magicdwarf started diplomatic whatnot with the liaison. We ordered steel, plump helmet spawns, and a few cats and dogs to eat. Our fisherdwarf spotted two kobolds and was traumatized for life.

19th. Timber, 147

The meeting was concluded, and the king seems to be an oaf.

We have no gems, no meat, no handwear, no armor and no thread. What should we do, magically conjure them up? Third kobold was spotted, who was then promptly mauled to tiny bits by now armor-wearing Evilcherry. Though he did get a bruise in his foot and is now weeping in the hospital. I'm not sure should I pity or respect that man.

23rd. Timber, 147

Zaerosz was too busy lying around and babbling to people, so I went to diagnose Evilcherry myself.

Yeah. It's just a bruise. If you ignore the bone sticking out.

Cutting off here due to the ridiculous length. Winter seasons will be out in approximately half an hour.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2011, 06:40:34 pm »

Gah, I just failed in the hardest way possible. I had so fun (no, not DF fun) that I accidentally played to summer and last save before that was from autumn. I'll play the winter seasons again tomorrow morning and then upload.  :-[

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2011, 06:50:30 pm »

well....
I don't think that would of been a problem, you should of saved it.  The next guy could just go a year and a half too, and we'd be back to spring.
Nom nom nom

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2011, 08:44:09 pm »

yeah just upload the the summer one.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2011, 04:08:58 am »

...Aand I have again shown my complete lack of lucid thinking. I DO have the autosave from spring! I'm uploading it now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22